Speaking German (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Omegaunit -> Speaking German (2/25/2002 11:33:00 PM)

Ok have you evrtalked to someone about WWWI and thay say: Well if it wasn't for (Insert battle, technology, personality) we'd be speaking German. and if this has happened to you dosen't it kind of annoy you after like the 500th time?

Bing -> (2/25/2002 11:51:00 PM)

No, it doesn't annoy me. I don't indulge in this particular practice. But it does remind me why the sacrifices were made - why the lives of friends and family members were given up. I hope we never forget. Bing

Omegaunit -> (2/25/2002 11:57:00 PM)

Well my heart is all stopped up and I feel all patriotic about this now. What does fogetting about WWII have to do with people using a catch phrase because they cant think of anything relevant to say like "well if it wasn't for the foreign unit we never would have broke enigma" well if it wasn't for the constripts in stalingrad operation typhoon would have worked and hitler would have connected all the way with japan limiting a front." that is what not forgetting means,
people who use phrases like "uuh we'd be speaking german now are the ones who are letting the sacrifice gloss over
but this is my opinion and I dont want to offend anyone back to the original question has anyone else heard this phrase used over and over nullnull[I][/I]

Bing -> (2/26/2002 12:01:00 AM)

It has everything to do with remembering WW2 - you most likely are not old enough to have lived through that time. For those of us who did, we have a fairly good idea why the sacrifices were necessary. If that doesn't appeal to you, then so be it. No, I don't go around saying things like this. Don't know anyone that does, either. You're the first one to have brought it up in a long, long time. Bing

Omegaunit -> (2/26/2002 12:09:00 AM)

No I am old enough to remember Tet i guess that colors everything

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI