Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gary Grigsby!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Gary Grigsby! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gary Grigsby! - 4/25/2000 6:40:00 PM   
Robert Lohaus

Ive religiously played Second Front(War In Russia) and Pacific War for many years. Second Front was the first computer game that I ever bought. I still play those games to this day! Gary is one of the greatest game designers ever. After the huge let down of the PW negotations, this news could not come at a better time. Even more, his first project is going to be a strategic level game akin to PW! Great news! If I could get the first suggestion in- In PW I very much desired to be able to plot fleet movement exactly, so that is my wish. My father recently passed away and was very much a Gary Grigsby fan, it is a shame he did not live to see this next incarnation of his favorite game PW. Thanks for brightening my day a little guys. Robert Lohaus

Post #: 1
- 4/25/2000 7:32:00 PM   
grockall

I have just read the Gary Grigsby announcement at TGN. This really is great news and more than makes up for the loss of Pacific War. Will he be making use of the work you have done on enhancing PW it would be a shame for it to be wasted.

(in reply to Robert Lohaus)
Post #: 2
- 4/25/2000 7:38:00 PM   
David Heath

I am sorry to say we need to now start over since these are new designs but I think it will be more then worth it.

Post #: 3
- 4/25/2000 7:59:00 PM   
Supervisor

You know, after receiving the bad news about PW, I thought to myself "Why can't they just find Gary Grigsby to redo his classic?" Just goes to show that great minds think alike! I hope you kept the suggestions from the previous PW threads becuase I'm sure many of them still hold true - i.e. editors, bases, factory control, historical & possible equipment types. Great news & look forward to its release.

Post #: 4
- 4/25/2000 9:41:00 PM   
pad152

Great!!!! News This has made my day!!!!!!! Frank

Post #: 5
- 4/26/2000 12:33:00 AM   
DougAngle

Hot @#!*!!! Gary is one of those guys I've respected for more years than I care to remember. When you said you had a suprise, I wasn't even thinking of something this big!! YIPEEEEE!!!. How soon guys????

Post #: 6
- 4/28/2000 8:32:00 PM   
rhohltjr

I realize it's probably very early in the process, but in your conversations with Gary Grigsby, did he relate any ideas he has about what he would like to do (or redo)on this project?

My e-troops don't unload OVER THE BEACH anymore, see:
Amphibious Assault at Kota Bharu
TF 85 troops securing a beachhead at Kota Bharu, 51,75
whew! I still feel better.

Post #: 7
- 5/3/2000 1:22:00 AM   
sbond

Wow! Gary Grigsby is going to help finish PACWAR? This is great, didn't he a long time ago creat a patch 1.1 for PACWAR on his own time? That is the kinda dedication to fans that the big companies no longer have or did they ever have? This is a great surprise! I'm currently playing the two latest games of his; Battle of Britan and 12 o'cloack high. These games are true to the war games I have always played. I could only hope that the new Pacwar would be close to these two in interface etc. Also will there be a boxed version for purchase? I would love to have the manual again, the database information was excellent.

Post #: 8
- 5/3/2000 1:23:00 AM   
sbond

hehe sorry for all the typos and such was a bit excited

Post #: 9
- 5/19/2000 12:54:00 PM   
Von Rom

This is terrific news! Who says wargames are dying out? There is a very strong and loyal following to this genre. I'm glad Gary is re-doing his masterpiece - I can't wait to play this great strategic Pacific War game. I hope there are great graphics, smooth interface, easy to obtain information (click on icon and data pops up?). Put all the information at our fingertips - don't make getting stats, etc a chore... ------------------ A King Tiger can give you a definite edge...

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Gary Grigsby! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI