Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Battles In Normandy Is Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> Battles In Normandy Support >> Battles In Normandy Is Available! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battles In Normandy Is Available! - 9/17/2004 10:15:39 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

Well, it seems that DR still manages to surprise us. I'll keep away from expressing my feelings right now and just get to the facts.

1. Battles in Normandy is not ready for sale yet, though we are still on schedule for 5PM.
2. The link that has appeared in the store is a DR mistake, everything is supposed to be offline until we are done checking.
3. If you mistakenly ordered already, hang on, we'll have a resolution, but PLEASE do not order again until we give the word.
4. This thread will disappear when the final version is up and checked AND I will post a new announcement.

Please do not go nuts until an announcement is posted here. Thanks and sorry again. I'm going to go and $#&@*($ DR a new #$@&*(@#$ now.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 9/17/2004 6:06:55 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:18:00 PM   
Marc von Martial

I allready grabbed my baseball bat. People are going to get really hurt today. Never **** with a sicilian.

< Message edited by Marc Schwanebeck -- 9/18/2004 3:18:29 AM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:18:34 PM   
Rainbow7

Thanks, my order did go through with VISA, so I'll just wait for your announced solution. You have to admit though, it was exciting there for a moment ...

Troubles overcome are good to tell. -Yiddish saying

Post #: 3
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:19:03 PM   
theWombat

You have my sympathies. Thank you for clarifiying this rapidly, before many of us plopped down our plastic.

Though I betcha the DR folks aren't happy about their screw up either--I doubt they want to cause their customers angst :)

Post #: 4
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:20:12 PM   
2gaulle

what I do now ???? I just click on Begin HTTP Download??????

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 5
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:20:21 PM   
Cliffor1

Man I charged mine to Amex..... Well just hope the serial number is the same to download BIN and we can just redownload.....

(in reply to Rainbow7)
Post #: 6
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:22:24 PM   
DrewBlack

Quick of the mark thansk for saving me 3hrs !!!!!

So. Close......Are we there yet????

Drew

(in reply to Cliffor1)
Post #: 7
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:22:50 PM   
DonStone

I seem to be the guy that found it -- or at least, I reported it to Digital River 10 or 15 minutes ago. I assume the only screw-up is putting the wrong file in place?

(I have little/no fear that I'll be able to download once they fix the link)

Post #: 8
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:23:54 PM   
freeboy

ok, I'm on hold with dr cust service right now.. or maybe MG cust service??
oh well

So they where not aware of what was going on... probably a call center anyway...
did get a serial number on a confirmation email.. so its paid for...
really really really cannot imagine how pissed Marc and Eric are now

< Message edited by freeboy -- 9/18/2004 4:27:37 AM >

(in reply to Cliffor1)
Post #: 9
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:24:07 PM   
Japper

And then to think, I just said to my girlfriend how lucky I was to notice that BIN was up so fast. Oh well......

(in reply to Cliffor1)
Post #: 10
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:25:40 PM   
Capitaine

Another thing is that there wasn't an option for a backup to be sent on the order page, just the dd.

Is there a way to expunge all existing orders of BIN and then start over??

(in reply to Japper)
Post #: 11
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:25:52 PM   
benpark

Up the Digital River without a paddle?

"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey

(in reply to DonStone)
Post #: 12
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:25:55 PM   
SlapBone

My order went through as well.

But the link on that order on FRs website is still Steel Panthers.

(in reply to DonStone)
Post #: 13
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:26:03 PM   
2gaulle

it's a pleasure to do bussnesss

quote:

Dear

Thank you for ordering through the Digital River Commerce System and Staples.com. The following email is a summary of your order. Please use this as your proof of purchase.

SPECIAL OFFER! Because you are a valued Staples customer, we would like to offer you $10.00 off nanoCom's Video Chat 4.5 - a fantastic solution for all of you who want to meet people from anywhere around the world! Click the link below to SAVE $10.00 today:

http://www.digitalriver.com/staples/iSpQ/33865

For technical support with the software you have purchased, please contact Matrix Games at support@matrixgames.com.
You can request information regarding the following tasks.
- Questions on installation
- Errors in software
- Help with features
- Upgrades, new drivers
- General questions regarding the product

PLEASE LOOK FOR THE FOLLOWING IN YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENT DR *Matrix Games

YOUR ORDER AND BILLING INFORMATION

Additional information for: Battle In Normandy Digital River
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
serial number: ****************

Customer Number: ******
Order Number: *****
Order Date: 17-SEP-04

Product Name Qty Ordered Platform Delivery Method Price
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Battle In Normandy 1 Digital Download PC Digital River Can$ 77.99
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub Total: Can$ 77.99
Total: Can$ 77.99

Note: There may be a slight discrepency between the amount shown on your credit card statement and the amount shown in thetotal box due to internal rounding calculations.

(in reply to DrewBlack)
Post #: 14
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:28:21 PM   
Erik Rutins

Gentlemen,

No money should be lost. What we are hoping is that you will simply be able to use your existing order numbers and serial numbers and re-download the correct file in a very short while. So don't panic, but please feel free to use all the angry emoticons you want. I'm quite upset myself at the moment and it feels good to vent.

I reiterate - if you ordered already, don't worry, you should be fine.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to 2gaulle)
Post #: 15
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:29:09 PM   
Hartford688

quote:

ORIGINAL: benpark

Up the Digital River without a paddle?

(in reply to benpark)
Post #: 16
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:30:43 PM   
Hartford688

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Gentlemen,

No money should be lost. What we are hoping is that you will simply be able to use your existing order numbers and serial numbers and re-download the correct file in a very short while. So don't panic, but please feel free to use all the angry emoticons you want. I'm quite upset myself at the moment and it feels good to vent.

Regards,

- Erik

Will there be the possibility of a download of the transcript of your next meeting with DR? I'll pay $4.99

Post #: 17
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:30:59 PM   
Cliffor1

Can we hit Digital River with the paddle????

(in reply to Hartford688)
Post #: 18
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:31:20 PM   
TheHellPatrol

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Gentlemen,

Regards,

- Erik
@Erik, as if you needed something else to do with all your free time.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

Post #: 19
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:31:27 PM   
Rainbow7

I, for one, think that this is just a little bit of excitement thrown in for my money. Where else do you get such intrigue? Such an emotional roller coaster? I can hardly go back to editing the manuscript I was working on. (I'm just waiting for someone now to chime in with their dissatisfaction with the price ! 10 9 8 7 ... )

< Message edited by Rainbow -- 9/17/2004 3:35:43 PM >

Troubles overcome are good to tell. -Yiddish saying

Post #: 20
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:31:33 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hartford688
Will there be the possibility of a download of the transcript of your next meeting with DR? I'll pay $4.99

Let's just say the last of my patience ran out...

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 21
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:32:35 PM   
SlapBone

Hey...I'm cool.

I may some Matrix merchandise (like a free backup) to keep from taking advantage of the free SPWAWGE link I have sitting in my order :)

Post #: 22
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:32:59 PM   
Cliffor1

You know I have read these forums for months I'm a reader and not really a talker I finnaly joined to find opponents, I get alot from the various opinions, I'm so PO'ed right now that I can't stop typing

(in reply to Cliffor1)
Post #: 23
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:33:12 PM   
ggallagher

Erik:

I say that you bring the DR management team into the room to explain the foulup...then after hearing each person's story, you look them in the eye, point towards the key transgressor (VP of Operations?) and say....

YOU'RE FIRED!

Post #: 24
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:34:48 PM   
SlapBone

quote:

ORIGINAL: ggallagher

Erik:

I say that you bring the DR management team into the room to explain the foulup...then after hearing each person's story, you look them in the eye, point towards the key transgressor (VP of Operations?) and say....

YOU'RE FIRED!

Yea... using that Donald Trump cobra gesture.

(in reply to ggallagher)
Post #: 25
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:34:51 PM   
Cliffor1

I hope "they" read the forums so they know what they did....

(in reply to ggallagher)
Post #: 26
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:36:32 PM   
Erik Rutins

Clifford,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Clifford
I hope "they" read the forums so they know what they did....

Assuming they didn't go deaf halfway through, they had it explained to them in no uncertain terms. A resolution is in progress.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Cliffor1)
Post #: 27
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:41:31 PM   
ggallagher

Historical anecdote to keep us amused in the meantime:

The origin of the term "fired" as it relates to being terminated in one's job comes from....Former NCR boss John Patterson who was thought by many to be the paradigmatic corporate tyrant.

Patterson once fired an underperforming executive by removing his desk and chair, parking it in front of the company's factory, and having it soaked in kerosene and set alight.

Post #: 28
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:43:22 PM   
RealChuckB

Erik,

You have my sympathy ...

I know this ESD business quite well and I am speechless ... I know that DR's service can be "problematic" but this is a bit too much (the still faulty EU-VAT is just one of the many signs).

The only thing that I can say is: Do yourself and your customers a favor and ask DR to switch you to the element 5 store. These people know how to do this business. Although DR bought them earlier this year and I am afraid that DR will be able to decrease their performance too, their systems are vastly superior to what (original) DR can offer.

Looking forward to BIN!

Chuck

Post #: 29
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 10:47:04 PM   
scotswahay

hmmm

so what do i do with the order confirmation i have just received with no serial number ? - am i going to get a new email that contains a serial number?

thanks

(in reply to RealChuckB)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> Battles In Normandy Support >> Battles In Normandy Is Available! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI