Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> RE: 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS - 9/29/2004 4:43:41 AM   
Toby42

I can download it at work, but not at home?? I use IE on both machines. Maybe it's my firewall on my home computer? I think that the security settings at work are more restrictive than my home computer. Go figure.
I'll try it with my firewall off and see what happens.

Tony

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 31
RE: 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS - 9/29/2004 4:51:33 AM   
Toby42

Just tried to download with the firewall off and same error message???? Strange

Tony

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 32
RE: 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS - 9/29/2004 1:48:12 PM   
scout1

Erik,

As previously stated, I couldn't download the file at home running IE/XP(SP2). The default settings (whatever they are were as delivered/downloaded from MS).

However, just downloaded at work running W2000. Our company firewall is the firewall from hell. If there are any settings that you would like me to try at home, let me know.

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 33
RE: 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS - 9/29/2004 2:55:33 PM   
IanAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1
As previously stated, I couldn't download the file at home running IE/XP(SP2). The default settings (whatever they are were as delivered/downloaded from MS).

So is the Windows XP firewall on - and XP SP2 enables this by default, I think - and is this causing the problem?

Ian

hill107.net - documents and photos relating to the Battle of Arnhem, Battle of Crete, WW2 Airborne

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 34
RE: 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS - 9/29/2004 3:29:58 PM   
Toby42

quote:

ORIGINAL: IanAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1

So is the Windows XP firewall on - and XP SP2 enables this by default, I think - and is this causing the problem?

It can't be XP. I'm using ME at home and Win 2000 at work.

Tony

(in reply to IanAM)
Post #: 35
RE: 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS - 9/29/2004 3:39:18 PM   
Capitaine

It just started working for me, and the zip file name was "Ki203550702.zip"; not the one that said "OnToParis.zip" or whatever.

I'm running XP, no firewall, service pack 1, and I couldn't d/l until this recent change.

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 36
RE: 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS - 9/29/2004 4:49:01 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi,

Our web guy made a change in how the file is accessed - it's not ideal, but this should hopefully get it working for everyone.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 37
RE: 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS - 10/1/2004 5:13:53 AM   
TheHellPatrol

Got it, thanks.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 38
RE: 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS - 10/26/2004 1:04:55 AM   
ehoch

Besides the game lasting longer, are there any other additions to the game (more troops arriving...) ??

(in reply to TheHellPatrol)
Post #: 39
RE: 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS - 10/26/2004 6:32:10 AM   
JSS

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehoch

Besides the game lasting longer, are there any other additions to the game (more troops arriving...) ??

Many changes & additions to include units arriving consistently after turn 32 all the way thru to the end.

Here's a quick summary from another thread:

The 76 turn super-sized campaign is available now. If you're interested in trying the BIN 76 turn Mega-Monster Sized Campaign send me email requesting the scenario. EDIT: File is small (71kB).

It's designed for PBEM but does include AI capability (NO promises that the AI will be competent past turn 30).

It should be installed to ...Scenarios/Battles in Normandy/Paris/ folder.

Changes from the base scenario include:

- German 319 ID arriving as an alert division.
- Third Army is activated at turn 50.
- 125 Pz Gd Reg is upgraded to KG von Luck and has the Becker Assault Gun Bn 200 attached.
- German 352 ID Regiments are now 4 steps.
- Additional step size and auto timed replacements made available to many Pz Div units.
- 82d & 101st Airborne Divs have additional auto replacements.
- Bocage costs more for the Allies to enter.
- American supply level decreased to replicate American difficulty maneuvering tanks thru bocage prior to 22 Jul when the hedge-chopper was developed.
- British supply level & replacement availability decreased to replicate the relative caution used by British.
- British get two allocations of carpet bombing (Operations Goodwood & Epsom)
- US gets a short window of carpet bombing for Opn Cobra.
- Something happens around 20 Jul 44 (confusion introduced into German rear areas), effect continues thru 23 Jul 44.
- British Commandos have larger area of influence/landings.
- US 90 ID leadership was not up to task on D-Day historically. After GEN van Fleet took charge the unit performed very well. Division's units evolve to higher performance capability around 26 Jun 44.
- Luftwaffe influence lessened/removed (interdiction & combat shift).

All credit for the good in this scenario goes to SSG whose assistance made putting this together incredibly easy. All scenario weaknesses and flaws are mine.

JSS

< Message edited by JSS -- 10/26/2004 12:33:46 PM >

(in reply to ehoch)
Post #: 40
RE: 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS - 11/25/2004 12:09:13 AM   
kev_uk

I see that you make no promises for the AI past turn 30, but could you tell me if it is at least competant? Is it worth playing against the AI, or does it break down?

TIA

Kev

(in reply to JSS)
Post #: 41
RE: 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS - 1/29/2005 3:20:37 AM   
JSS

quote:

ORIGINAL: kev_uk

I see that you make no promises for the AI past turn 30, but could you tell me if it is at least competant? Is it worth playing against the AI, or does it break down?

TIA

Kev

Kev,

Completely missed your post. Quick answer: AI continues to work properly. Whether it offers the appropriate challenge will depend on how well a player is doing against it. The more success you have, the greater the chance that the AI instructions that are valid up to turn 30 will not keep the AI efforts focused at turn 50 or 60. I think its worth playing if you like playing the AI. Allied AI should perform reasonably well throughout as the objectives don't change. A little confusion by the German AI is probably not ahistorical after turn 50.

JSS

(in reply to kev_uk)
Post #: 42
RE: 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS - 1/29/2005 3:22:11 AM   
JSS

V2.00 of the scenario is available at the Run5 download section.

(in reply to JSS)
Post #: 43
RE: 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS - 2/9/2005 8:09:14 PM   
Hard Sarge

thanks for your work JSS
DL and giving it a try now

HARD_Sarge

(in reply to JSS)
Post #: 44
RE: 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS - 2/18/2005 12:55:08 PM   
BK6583

"On to Paris" file problems. I downloaded the 2.0 version from the Run 5 site without any trouble. However, when I followed the instructions to double-click on the file itself and then "follow the prompts", what I got instead was an error screen that told me "Unable to open - File size of 429434 meg expected - File size is only 127365 meg (this is an approximation of what it said). As I perused both this forum and the Run 5 BIN forum, most everyone seems to have downloaded and been able to access this scenario fine on their respective PCs - what am I doing wrong?

Sincerely,

Bob

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 45
RE: 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS - 2/18/2005 2:26:13 PM   
JSS

quote:

ORIGINAL: kev_uk

TIA

Kev

Kev,

The AI will continue to work. Game circumstances may make the AI overly aggressive or overly conservative for the current conditions later on... chances for a fundamental flaw in the AI scheme of maneuver increase after turn 40... especially if the Allied player (human) is doing well... then again the Falaise Pocket was historically a debacle of the highest order!

JSS

(in reply to kev_uk)
Post #: 46
RE: 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS - 3/25/2005 5:35:55 PM   
JSS

quote:

ORIGINAL: BK6583

"On to Paris" file problems. I downloaded the 2.0 version from the Run 5 site without any trouble. However, when I followed the instructions to double-click on the file itself and then "follow the prompts", what I got instead was an error screen that told me "Unable to open - File size of 429434 meg expected - File size is only 127365 meg (this is an approximation of what it said). As I perused both this forum and the Run 5 BIN forum, most everyone seems to have downloaded and been able to access this scenario fine on their respective PCs - what am I doing wrong?

Sincerely,

Bob

Bob,

Did you get this to work properly?

JSS

(in reply to BK6583)
Post #: 47
v2.01 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario - 3/28/2005 2:18:23 PM   
JSS

The latest (probably final) version of On to Paris is available now at Run5.

(in reply to JSS)
Post #: 48
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> RE: 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI