Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newbie to moderate experienced, either side for long game wanted!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Newbie to moderate experienced, either side for long game wanted! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie to moderate experienced, either side for long ga... - 11/6/2004 3:02:59 AM   
rlc27

OK, now that the patch has come out, I wanna war with someone (in a neighborly sort of way).

I have experienced many PC wargames, ranging from Strike Fleet to Uncommon Valor to Combat Mission (all three) and SPWAW, but am master of none.

I'd like an opponent who is interested in a fairly historical game (no invading San Francisco or Tokyo in February 1942 or launching 15 attacks against Pearl over a week's time!), but who likes to be reasonably creative and really wants to learn the game, and who won't quit if things don't go as planned for them.

That is, I want to play WW2 as it *could* have happened, not a carbon copy of the real thing nor a "Buck Rogers, Zeroes vs. F-14 Tomcats armed with Harpoon ASMs as we take Alaska" remake.

I'll take either side, and would like to plan on/commit to about one turn per day, in an easygoing "I need to take the weekend off because we're going to visit my relatives" kind of way.

Turn length is discussable, as are house rules.

"They couldn't hit an elephant from this dist--"

--John Sedgwick, failing to reduce suppression during the Battle of the Wilderness, U.S. Civil War.
Post #: 1
RE: Newbie to moderate experienced, either side for lon... - 11/6/2004 3:41:29 AM   
Admiral DadMan

Ok, I'm game. PM me for terms.

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to rlc27)
Post #: 2
RE: Newbie to moderate experienced, either side for lon... - 11/6/2004 4:59:02 AM   
rlc27

PMed yah.

"They couldn't hit an elephant from this dist--"

--John Sedgwick, failing to reduce suppression during the Battle of the Wilderness, U.S. Civil War.

(in reply to Admiral DadMan)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Newbie to moderate experienced, either side for long game wanted! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI