Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Losing Your A0 Unit

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Losing Your A0 Unit Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Losing Your A0 Unit - 11/25/2004 3:30:17 AM   
KG Erwin

I had the ignominious experience of losing my A0 in a campaign battle against the AI. The weather was clear, and my force was in a delay mode. On the second turn, the enemy deployed not one, but two fighter bombers over the area my HQ was located. Airstrikes have tremendous splash effects, and my HQ was destroyed. This is the first time it's ever happened, but now I know it IS possible. Needless to say, I considered the campaign over, with a complete defeat at the hands of the lowly AI. This was indeed a humbling experience.

Post #: 1
RE: Losing Your A0 Unit - 11/26/2004 5:30:14 PM   
Poopyhead

Japanese air attacks are often brutal. I had considered "upgrading" my USMC A0 to a larger 10-man squad to increase survivablity, or even to some kind of bunker. The Japanese can come out of nowhere in the jungle.

Astrologers believe that your future is determined on the day that you are born.
Warriors know that your future is determined on the day that your enemy dies.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
RE: Losing Your A0 Unit - 11/26/2004 5:36:11 PM   
Goblin

My A0 unit is too pretty to worry about it. Even the Japanese recognize pretty when they see it.

Goblin

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 3
RE: Losing Your A0 Unit - 11/26/2004 7:47:55 PM   
Flyboy

I usually upgrade my AO to a tracked FO at the first opportunity - that way, I'm never without a FO in contact with my AO.

I also use a regular FO as a weapons platoon commander - I reassign all MGs, mortars and LMGs to one unit. Not sure if this has an impact on their rally, but it makes it easier to organize.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Losing Your A0 Unit Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI