Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

garrison city to force fleet to get out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> garrison city to force fleet to get out Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
garrison city to force fleet to get out - 11/27/2004 3:49:55 PM   
fw1206

Hi to all
In my game I´m playing Turkey. I´m allied with England and we are at war with russia. I`ve got the right to garrison french cities. A russian fleet is in a french port. I´m trying to get a korps into this port.
Now my question: Is this port enemy-controlled for russia now so that they must be moved into an adjacent sea area or is this imposible for us?
Post #: 1
RE: garrison city to force fleet to get out - 11/27/2004 4:07:30 PM   
donkuchi19

Whoever garrisons the city has control of the port's guns. If you control the port, you can force the Russian Fleet out of port.

In your example, you have control of the port because of your garrison. If you want to force the Russians out, you can do it.

< Message edited by donkuchi -- 11/27/2004 9:08:30 AM >

(in reply to fw1206)
Post #: 2
RE: garrison city to force fleet to get out - 11/27/2004 4:10:40 PM   
fw1206

thanks donkuchi, this is one of the first good news i here in my game

(in reply to fw1206)
Post #: 3
RE: garrison city to force fleet to get out - 11/28/2004 3:29:45 AM   
yammahoper

After you take the port, you can order the Russian out of port. The Russian can instead scuttle his ships, although this is likely only if the port is blockaded by an enemy fleet to Russia.

yamma

...nothing is more chaotic than a battle won...

(in reply to fw1206)
Post #: 4
RE: garrison city to force fleet to get out - 11/28/2004 10:20:43 PM   
Kyllyr

quote:

I´m allied with England and we are at war with russia.

Me thinks the Russian fleet is in trouble.

(in reply to fw1206)
Post #: 5
RE: garrison city to force fleet to get out - 11/28/2004 10:59:28 PM   
wieschi

but what happens if a french garrison of 1 militia factor is in the city'?
who has controll over the guns?
the french or the turks?
or what is when the city is full with french garrisons?

(in reply to Kyllyr)
Post #: 6
RE: garrison city to force fleet to get out - 11/28/2004 11:01:19 PM   
Soult

Well, it is a french port city, right ? So Russia has acess from France (to be inside France), otherwise the Russian fleet would not be allowed to enter it. If the russian fleet did tranport troops, these troops could be the the city garrison. As soon as Turkey manages to get troops INSIDE of this city, these turkish troops would act as city garrision and would have control of the guns. The russian player than has the option to scuttle his ships (if blocked) or to sail outside at once, fighting an enemy feelt if there is one. But port guns could not be used vs ships leaving.
Turkey can not aks Russia to remove the fleet only cause Turkey is the "rightfull" player to garrison the port- there need to be turkish factors inside of the city to do so.

Now I would like to add another question: same setting, turkey has the right to garrision franch cities. Does that mean France is not allowed to garrsion the cities in question anymore ? Or that the french factors have to be removed from a city the moment Turkey places a single factor there ? Where to move these factors, back to map in later reinforcment phase ? Or need France only remove so much as there is space needed by turkish factors , so that both powers might be inside the city at the same time ?
I guess most of you worked out some kind of house rules for these questions- but I recall a player who resisted to remove his own factors from his city, saying that there would be enough space for all and that the rules would not prove him wrong...
btw this guy also asked for rolling dice for leader casuality if it was "probe" vs "withdraw" and again he claimed to have the rules on his side...("perhapse Murat rode against a tree")...what a pitty...

< Message edited by Soult -- 11/28/2004 9:06:47 PM >

(in reply to fw1206)
Post #: 7
RE: garrison city to force fleet to get out - 11/29/2004 7:15:44 PM   
ardilla

10.3.2 CITY OCCUPATION: The nationality of a city garrison determines who controls the city for combat purposes, regardless of the major power formally controlling the province or minor country in which the city is located. For example, a Russian garrison in a French port city allows the Russian player to determine if the port's harbour defences are used against attacking fleets.
10.3.2.1: If a city has a garrison consisting of army factors from more than one major power, control is with the major power formally controlling the province or minor country. If no army factors of the major power formally controlling the province are present, control for combat purposes can be decided by mutual agreement among the players with army factors present or, if agreement is impossible, by competitive die rolls with no modifiers.

So, if france has 1 garrison in the port city, he controls the port defences.
Being allowed to garrison french cities, doesnt mean that france can not garrison them!!

Best regards.

Santiago y cierra España!!!

(in reply to wieschi)
Post #: 8
RE: garrison city to force fleet to get out - 11/30/2004 10:57:03 PM   
carnifex

quote:

Being allowed to garrison french cities, doesnt mean that france can not garrison them!!

france can only garrison those cities if there is room left in them muahahahahaha

(in reply to ardilla)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> garrison city to force fleet to get out Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI