Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Introductory Notes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Introductory Notes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Introductory Notes - 1/20/2005 8:45:54 AM   
Dragoon 45

I have been playing this game since version 3.X and have been designing scenarios. Don't know how good the scenarios are because I have only tested them against the AI. The one thing I have never been able to figure out is how to get the Introduction to the scenario into the scenario screen when you click on the scenario in question. Help please?

Artillery always has the Right of Way
Post #: 1
RE: Introductory Notes - 1/20/2005 4:54:34 PM   
IBTyrone

Hi Dragoon.

If I understand your question correctly, you should be able to edit a text file using notepad in the scenario directory. If your scenario is numbered 500, for example, then your text file would be called Scen500.txt. There are specific formatting rules you have to follow as well. To start a new line, you need to put a * at the end of the line. To create a blank line, place **. You can open some other scenario text files to get an idea of how it works. Hope this helps.

(in reply to Dragoon 45)
Post #: 2
RE: Introductory Notes - 1/20/2005 5:03:24 PM   
FlashfyreSP

Write up a text file and name it like the scenario files.
Example: Scenario has 3 files to it once created - scen000.cmt, scen000.dat, and scen000.rec. The text file would be scen000.txt. All four files must be in the SCEN folder.

For your first one, open an existing scenario text file and save it under a new scenario number. Now you can use it as a guide, and write your own scenario description.

A few things to remember:
1. The * is used to indicate to the game that a 'line break' is to occur. Use this at the end of a sentence/paragraph.
2. Each * used adds one blank line to the game text display; this is how the game text is broken into paragraphs.
3. Use the _ key to center text in the display window of the game. You may have to experiment with each line to get it right. This is how the game displays text centered in the window of the scenario selection screen.

(in reply to Dragoon 45)
Post #: 3
RE: Introductory Notes - 1/20/2005 5:50:22 PM   
TomBell

_________Battle of Geisbach!*
__________US vs Germany*
___________US Defends*
________Geisbach, Germany*
_______0800, 28 Marchl 1945*
___________Turns: 15*
________Scenario size: Small*
Designed by TomBell*
American Orders: "Colonel, your task is to secure, and hold, the towns road juction and bridge."*
German Orders: "HerrOberst, clear the Americans out of the town of Greisbach and hold the towns crossroad and bridge."*
AFTER OR DOING WHAT FLASHFYRESP SAID, YOU CAN USE THIS AS A TEMPLATE FOR YOU TEXT FILE THAT YOU SAVE IN WORDPAD AND SAVE TO YOU SCEN FOLDER IN SPWAW.
*THE UNDERSCORE SPACES, THE * IS AN END MARK OR SPACE, THEN TYPE IN WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY AND SAVE IT AS, SCEN(SCENARIOS NUMBER).TXT.
THEN START UP THE WAW AND SEE HOW IT LOOKS AND EDIT TO GET IT RIGHT.

(in reply to FlashfyreSP)
Post #: 4
RE: Introductory Notes - 1/21/2005 2:30:41 AM   
Dragoon 45

Thanks all, I will try your solutions.

Artillery always has the Right of Way

(in reply to TomBell)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Introductory Notes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI