Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: With Your Help We Will Make EIA a GREAT GAME

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> RE: With Your Help We Will Make EIA a GREAT GAME Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: With Your Help We Will Make EIA a GREAT GAME - 2/3/2005 9:06:03 AM   
John Umber

I would say that one of the pleasant surprises in the game is when you lure the enemy into an area you can attack from several routes. Creating the "monster stack" for one huge battle. Historicaly this was by the way Napoleon's main strategy, marching by night and etc...

For instance: France move last in the turn (is this possible in the computer game) and then first in the following turn. That gives France 8 movement points to gather the force. First turn to join the troops and second to attack (thus avoiding the reinforcement rule at large risks). This can easily have a devastating effect on the invading force. Just be careful of the second turn's counterattacks...

This is a great game!

John Umber

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 61
RE: With Your Help We Will Make EIA a GREAT GAME - 2/3/2005 10:34:41 AM   
rhodopsine

CEIA allows the French to determine their land movement position and the English can chose their naval movement spot, just like paper EIA.

Martin Paradis

(in reply to John Umber)
Post #: 62
RE: With Your Help We Will Make EIA a GREAT GAME - 2/3/2005 7:15:30 PM   
Titi

Excuse me to repeat myself, but will the optional rule of four corps per depot be included in CEiA?

By the way, nearly everytime i saw a monster stack was in Therestad<sp> when you are in position to defend in moutain, forage without loses and able to walk on Berlin or Vienna... I learned to hate this area.

< Message edited by Titi -- 2/3/2005 12:15:40 PM >

(in reply to rhodopsine)
Post #: 63
RE: With Your Help We Will Make EIA a GREAT GAME - 2/4/2005 2:30:02 AM   
yammahoper

The limit of four corps per depot for supply is one of my favorite rules. I hope it is an option.

yamma

...nothing is more chaotic than a battle won...

(in reply to Titi)
Post #: 64
RE: With Your Help We Will Make EIA a GREAT GAME - 2/4/2005 5:33:17 AM   
Titi

Me too, but can live if it's not and option...and included auomatically in the game

Having played with and without, i'm thinking it's one of the more useful rule for more enjoying the game and have as much importance as TMR...

[mode complaining off presently]

(in reply to yammahoper)
Post #: 65
so whining works?... - 2/5/2005 4:25:46 PM   
HordesOfSerbs

But gentlemen... what are we going to do about those ugly counters?..

Nice'n'square with big flags on them as they should be.

;)

(in reply to Titi)
Post #: 66
RE: With Your Help We Will Make EIA a GREAT GAME - 2/9/2005 9:47:54 PM   
ardilla

It may make not sense or not be as usefull as it is for avoiding monster stacks if the TMR only allowes to double the number of corps once, so the max monster stack will be Napy or Charles with 12 corps.

So this optional rule is something related to what will be the TMR that MG applies to the game.

Santiago y cierra España!!!

(in reply to Titi)
Post #: 67
RE: With Your Help We Will Make EIA a GREAT GAME - 2/10/2005 11:16:05 AM   
coregames

quote:

ORIGINAL: pasternakski
Either design a game and publish it or turn your business into a process of "we think we have this half-assed idea for a game and we'd like for you to provide the ideas to finish it for us, and be so kind as to excuse the glaring deficiencies in what you bought, because we are all wonderful human beings, after all."

The whole point behind beta testing is to make the game better by discovering weaknesses in it. Empires in Arms is a big, complex undertaking, and I think most of us would prefer that Matrix not rush forward to release an unfinished game.

As far as having a half-assed idea for a game (if that really is what you think of EiA), that falls on Rowland and Pinder, not Matrix.

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 68
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> RE: With Your Help We Will Make EIA a GREAT GAME Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI