Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

For those on the verge...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> For those on the verge... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
For those on the verge... - 3/14/2005 3:06:37 AM   
yabba_dabba

Dear Matrix Forums

I am desperate for some help.

I recently upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 and found that the new program takes up a lot of space and valuable resources.
This wasn't mentioned in the product brochure. In addition, Wife 1.0 installs itself into all other programs and launches during system installation where it monitors all other system activity.

Applications such as Boys Night Out 2.5 and Footie 5.3 no longer run and crash the system whenever selected. Attempting to operate Saturday,War in the Pacific 6.3 always fails but Saturday Shopping 7.1 runs instead.

I cannot seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background whilst attempting to run any of my favorite applications.
I am thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0 but de-install doesn't work on this program.

Can you please help?
Joe

Dear Joe,

This is a very common problem resulting from a basic misunderstanding.

Many men upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 thinking that Wife 1.0 is merely a
UTILITIES & ENTERTAINMENT program. Whereas Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM designed by its creator to run everything.
You are unlikely to be able to purge Wife 1.0 and still convert back to Girlfriend 7.0 as Wife 1.0 is not designed to do this and it is impossible to de-install, delete or purge the program files from the system once installed.
Some people have tried to install Girlfriend 8.0 or Wife 2.0 but have ended up with even more problems (see in manual under Alimony/Child Support and Solicitors Fees).

Having Wife 1.0 installed myself I recommend you keep it installed and deal with the difficulties as best you can. When any faults or problems occur, whatever you think has caused them; you must run the
C:\I-APOLOGISE program and avoid attempting to use the 'Esc' key.
It may be necessary to run C:\I-APOLOGISE a number of times but hopefully eventually the operating system will return to normal.

Wife 1.0 although a very high maintenance program can be very rewarding. To get the most out of it consider buying additional software such as Flowers 2.0 and Chocolates 5.0.

Do not under any circumstances install Secretary with Short Skirt 3.3 as this is not a supported application for Wife 1.0 and the system will almost certainly crash.

Best of luck
Matrix Forums

< Message edited by yabba_dabba -- 3/14/2005 1:23:17 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: For those on the verge... - 3/14/2005 5:04:52 AM   
ckk

(in reply to yabba_dabba)
Post #: 2
RE: For those on the verge... - 3/14/2005 5:11:05 AM   
Tristanjohn

quote:

ORIGINAL: ckk

(in reply to ckk)
Post #: 3
RE: For those on the verge... - 3/14/2005 5:31:37 AM   
mogami

Hi, Maybe they can design a new program to deal with that problem. Call it "Windows" you throw the wife or the computer out and the problem is solved.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to Tristanjohn)
Post #: 4
RE: For those on the verge... - 3/14/2005 5:50:35 AM   
DeepSix

LMAO

Post #: 5
RE: For those on the verge... - 3/14/2005 7:12:13 AM   
Grotius

Hehe, just wait until you get the Expansion Packs that come with Wife 1.0. E.g., Baby 1.0 and Toddler 2.0 and Teenager 13.0.

(in reply to DeepSix)
Post #: 6
RE: For those on the verge... - 3/14/2005 9:05:21 AM   
Brady

You better hope she does not start reaing the forums you frequent

I had a psyco girlfriend who did that once and it got prety darn messy.

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depend on our point of view

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 7
RE: For those on the verge... - 3/14/2005 4:14:34 PM   
RUPD3658

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

Hehe, just wait until you get the Expansion Packs that come with Wife 1.0. E.g., Baby 1.0 and Toddler 2.0 and Teenager 13.0.

On the plus side, by the time the 1.6 patch comes out Toddler 2.0 could become head to head opponant 1.0!

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 8
RE: For those on the verge... - 3/14/2005 8:53:49 PM   
Skyros

My Toddler 4.0 likes to snuggle on my lap as I play, and asks such great questions as Who are the Good Guys? Me!, and the bad guys? The red or green guys..Oh why do you play this game all the time?

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 9
RE: For those on the verge... - 3/15/2005 1:39:01 AM   
RevRick

Or even more problematic is the upgraded Teeneager 19.0 which is self programmed to upgrade to Young Adult 20.0 very shortly. This program places further demands on the system, taxing utilities and Patience 1.1 almost to the limit for the owner. The speciality is time demands and usage demands which exceed the original specifications when purchased, resulting in subsequent upgrades to hardware which never seem to keep up with the program.

Then, wife 1.81 automatic upgrade (cyclical reponse on Anniversary 1.0 and all succeeding dates) also has further time demands on system, such as In-Law application 2.XXX and Social Program Directives which always seem to auto self install in the system tray and cannot be deleted, such as Dining Out 48.2, Apparel 28.4, and Personal Financial applications which seem to multiply and totally eradicate the remaining system free time.

All in all, though... er.. program error. Honey Do program 9.5 now self installing.

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to Skyros)
Post #: 10
RE: For those on the verge... - 3/15/2005 2:35:58 AM   
Lonewolfpj

lol its so true though

DISCLAIMER: Poster makes no guarantee that the above expressed information is accurate, complete, current, funny, new, spelled correctly, or grammatically correct.

(in reply to RevRick)
Post #: 11
RE: For those on the verge... - 3/15/2005 11:46:53 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

quote:

ORIGINAL: yabba_dabba
I recently upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 and found that the new program takes up a lot of space and valuable resources.

Never change a running system...

Post #: 12
RE: For those on the verge... - 3/15/2005 1:41:45 PM   
Marten

well... if it's WitP Wife 1.0 you can spend some political points to send her to australia and your problem is solved (if you aren't australian)

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 13
RE: For those on the verge... - 3/15/2005 3:50:26 PM   
harrer

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

quote:

Never change a running system...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marten

well... if it's WitP Wife 1.0 you can spend some political points to send her to australia and your problem is solved (if you aren't australian)

Harrer

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 14
RE: For those on the verge... - 3/15/2005 8:31:25 PM   
mike charley 7

GENTLEMAN,

Have we not forgot about Divorce 5.0 hell of a program and expensive too
quote:

Dear Matrix Forums

I am desperate for some help.

This wasn't mentioned in the product brochure. In addition, Wife 1.0 installs itself into all other programs and launches during system installation where it monitors all other system activity.

Applications such as Boys Night Out 2.5 and Footie 5.3 no longer run and crash the system whenever selected. Attempting to operate Saturday,War in the Pacific 6.3 always fails but Saturday Shopping 7.1 runs instead.

I cannot seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background whilst attempting to run any of my favorite applications.
I am thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0 but de-install doesn't work on this program.

Can you please help?
Joe

Dear Joe,

This is a very common problem resulting from a basic misunderstanding.

Many men upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 thinking that Wife 1.0 is merely a
UTILITIES & ENTERTAINMENT program. Whereas Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM designed by its creator to run everything.
You are unlikely to be able to purge Wife 1.0 and still convert back to Girlfriend 7.0 as Wife 1.0 is not designed to do this and it is impossible to de-install, delete or purge the program files from the system once installed.
Some people have tried to install Girlfriend 8.0 or Wife 2.0 but have ended up with even more problems (see in manual under Alimony/Child Support and Solicitors Fees).

Having Wife 1.0 installed myself I recommend you keep it installed and deal with the difficulties as best you can. When any faults or problems occur, whatever you think has caused them; you must run the
C:\I-APOLOGISE program and avoid attempting to use the 'Esc' key.
It may be necessary to run C:\I-APOLOGISE a number of times but hopefully eventually the operating system will return to normal.

Wife 1.0 although a very high maintenance program can be very rewarding. To get the most out of it consider buying additional software such as Flowers 2.0 and Chocolates 5.0.

Do not under any circumstances install Secretary with Short Skirt 3.3 as this is not a supported application for Wife 1.0 and the system will almost certainly crash.

Best of luck
Matrix Forums

Post #: 15
RE: For those on the verge... - 3/16/2005 9:26:00 AM   
Marten

remember that you can enchance visual effects of Wife 1.0 by changing her interface palette from grayscale to at least 16mln colours and installing Silicon Graphics Boobs 4D hardware. also check if Wife 1.0 controls USB correctly, so you can upload something from your memory stick with it. sometimes Wife 1.0 lounches internal firewall without reason, there is no patch to this problem, just use combination of ctrl+alt+shut up buttons
don't forget about added software: cleansweep and scanroom, that keep your place tidy

< Message edited by Marten -- 3/16/2005 7:52:33 AM >

(in reply to mike charley 7)
Post #: 16
RE: For those on the verge... - 3/16/2005 9:36:16 AM   
mogami

Hi, (Mandark laugh) hahaha hahaha Sockpuppet 1.0 is much cheaper, can be uninstalled and is machine washable. (Mandark laugh) hahaha hahaha

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to Marten)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> For those on the verge... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI