Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 8/16/2003 11:55:00 AM   
chief

I don't have any idea why that happened, when I stop somewhere in a game I NEVER CTRL-ALT-DEL I just hit save at end-of-turn and end turn, at this time I back up save as a precaution. Well I said I never CAD, but thats a lie I do when I get torqued at a silly error. When I do the games end right there and thats it. I do know that if you save in the middle of a turn strange things happen with the men and scoring otherwise ?????
well keep smiling.:D ;) :cool:

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 91
- 8/16/2003 10:43:58 PM   
RichardTheFirst

Well, that's it, isn't it? Nothing left to do but keep smiling.

I think this game needs a side manual in this moment with a lot of "don't do this" points, files to be deleted, patches and fixes to apply, saves to be done out of the game, etc, etc, etc.

All together now:

[I]Keep smiling,
Keep shinning,
Knowing you can always count on me,
For sure,
That's what friends are for. [/I]

(Stevie Wonder and Friends)

:D

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 92
Somewhere - 8/17/2003 12:27:21 AM   
chief

Rthe1....somewhere in this vast forum of knowledge :D is just what your talking about, but for the sake of me I can no longer find it. I'll look through my files and if I come up with anything I'll pass it on.:) There used to be a FAQ post by Gmenfan but the URL is no good.:( Well I'll see what I can find.:) :cool:

Chief of the iron war canoes

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 93
- 8/17/2003 5:15:25 AM   
RichardTheFirst

Ok, Chief.

Thanks in advance. Think you and me could do some advertising to that threat/manual. Seems useful to the community, what do you think?

Hmmm, had an idea. In case you find it I'll include it at the SPFans site.

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 94
- 8/17/2003 5:35:23 AM   
junk2drive

when, exactly, is the end of a turn? i'm guessing after the a.i. and all the arty.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 95
- 8/17/2003 6:00:42 AM   
RichardTheFirst

Hello JunkDrive,

The end of turn is when you moved all you wanted to move. Fire all you wanted to fire. Bombard all you wanted to bombard.

Make sure you did all that. Then, very carefully (re-think: did I do all I wanted to do?), you click the "end of turn" button (the right big arrow).

Whew, that was a difficult question :D (just kidding).

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 96
- 8/17/2003 6:18:58 AM   
RichardTheFirst

JunkDrive,

Thought a little bit more about your question. And the answer is: depends :p .

If you are in an advance or assault mission or in a meeting engagement in which you moved first, the turn (undestood as both parts complete their half part of the turn) ends right before you are able to move again.

If you are on a delay or deffend mission or in a meeting engagement in which you moved last, then the turn ends after you click end of turn and the first half of your bombards take place (if you have bombardments to take place in 0.0 to 0.2 turns they happen part on the end of your half turn and part on the end of A.I.'s half turn. If you have bombards happening from 0.3 to 0.5 turns they all happen in the end of A.I.'s half turn).

I'm kidding with the subject but it is a relevant question :cool: .

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 97
- 8/17/2003 7:06:44 AM   
junk2drive

when playing against the ai you cannot stop the game after clicking end turn. the ai arty fires, your arty fires, ai moves, your arty fires again, ai arty fires again. then your ao unit is highlighted. is this when to quit and save? i dont want to lose points or squads or whatever gets messed up. with regular spwaw i can save game anytime, then quit right after. i dont use autosave with reg spwaw, never works.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 98
- 8/17/2003 7:33:58 AM   
RichardTheFirst

I really don't understand your problem, Junk.

What is reg SPWaW to you?

If the prob is related with what Chief said, then you just have to wait 30 secs before click end turn.

If not, I don't know.

P.S.: you don't like to use caps?

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 99
- 8/17/2003 10:42:09 AM   
junk2drive

nope, caps is for yelling, plus im too lazy.
this forum is for megacamps thats why i said regular spwaw.
in reg there is an icon for save game, not clickable in megacmp.
thanks for trying to answer

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 100
- 8/17/2003 11:20:57 AM   
RichardTheFirst

[QUOTE]Originally posted by junk2drive
[B]nope, caps is for yelling, plus im too lazy.
this forum is for megacamps thats why i said regular spwaw.
in reg there is an icon for save game, not clickable in megacmp.
thanks for trying to answer [/B][/QUOTE]

That's too bad. If you try to write like most of people do instead of Internetian, maybe people would have more will to understand you and give you better answers.

I stick to try to understand the best I can the English spoken here. Got problems enough with that, thank you very much.

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 101
- 8/17/2003 11:42:03 AM   
chief

junk2drive:
In regular Spwaw 7.1 I move all I desire then hit Save then hit QuitGame...sorry I calls it EOT.
Game saves in selected slot no problem....No auto save .

In Mega (MCNA) same procedure, hit save, wait 20/30secs then hit QuitGame (eot). Gives me only a SAVE in the game folder.

I've never seen what your describing, do you use CC on ? Not saying it can't happen.

Tested above in H2H (just now) and lo and behold I got an autosave and a slot save. :confused: :cool:

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 102
- 8/17/2003 11:56:52 AM   
RichardTheFirst

In a MegaCampaign if I hit save a message appears saying that the game will be auto-saved when I quit (or something like that).

Anyway: for me the save button does not work in Megas.

What's a H2H????

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 103
two versions - 8/18/2003 5:04:35 AM   
chief

rickde1....H2H is a mod by Panzer Leo for playing Head to Head using his mods to the OOBs. It (H2H) requires a full download of SPWAW, seperate from SPWAW 7.1, in which the H2H mod is installed. Giving you 2 separate games. It was designed for pbem type play but it can be played against the AI in some scenarios. You CANNOT play the regular scenarios/campaigns or Megas using this mod. Quite a few of us have both mods installed. The latest and possibly final version is H2Hfr and is available on Panzer Leos site. It comes with quite a few scenarios and campaigns in mod. There are also many new ones available from various locations for H2H.

Yeah your statement on saves is also correct.:) :) :cool:

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 104
- 8/19/2003 4:45:24 AM   
RichardTheFirst

Big Chief always talks wisely and pale-face appreciates it. :cool:

In the mean time I am being a lot more careful with the game and things seem to be alright. I suspect the game crashed like that because the CTRL-ALT-DEL was made in the first turn. Tried to do that in the 3rd turn and no problem...

Since we cannot use auto-save, maybe going to the save folder just before the end of battle and copy the file with another name can solve the problem of the backups. Nowadays if you try to save the game with another name, SPWaW just renames it (the old name disappears).

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 105
RE: MegaCampaign Bugs please post here! - 2/8/2004 7:04:10 PM   
huhrlass

I was playing MC version 7.1, XP version and system usually works well. I was on a scenario in September 41 and the scenario directions was to bypass the soviet wagons etc and advance on a railroad bridge and foot bridge. The flags on the opposite side of the river are worth 500 pts (Dnepr) As i was advancing up the road with my units the program crashed. I tried to reload my game from the saved game menu and when it tried to reload the gane on the bottom of the screen it was stating"error with oob's etc and the numbers would be flashing real quick. I guess I am unable to play from this point. this only happens when the program crashed unexpectedly, any suggestions? I'll download 8.1 once i get this comp to cable

i love the game

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 106
RE: MegaCampaign Bugs please post here! - 4/11/2004 4:33:09 PM   
possumhollow

I just downloaded 8.0 and 8.1 patch. Install went well, game seems to run okay. However, when I enter the bombardment screen, there is a long delay after the mouse click for any operation. This also happens when changing the objective hex. Any ideas?

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 107
RE: MegaCampaign Bugs please post here! - 4/12/2004 8:20:56 PM   
Jim1954

It sounds like you have a corrupted save file there. If you can find out the name , date or node and scen # (look in lower RH corner of the map) for that info and someone can probably provide you with a good zip of that battle.
quote:

ORIGINAL: huhrlass

I was playing MC version 7.1, XP version and system usually works well. I was on a scenario in September 41 and the scenario directions was to bypass the soviet wagons etc and advance on a railroad bridge and foot bridge. The flags on the opposite side of the river are worth 500 pts (Dnepr) As i was advancing up the road with my units the program crashed. I tried to reload my game from the saved game menu and when it tried to reload the gane on the bottom of the screen it was stating"error with oob's etc and the numbers would be flashing real quick. I guess I am unable to play from this point. this only happens when the program crashed unexpectedly, any suggestions? I'll download 8.1 once i get this comp to cable

i love the game

Jim1954
KMC/T

(in reply to huhrlass)
Post #: 108
RE: MegaCampaign Bugs please post here! - 9/18/2004 9:58:57 AM   
Igor

Two observations about the Desert Fox campaign (8.2). First, I had to manually fix the exit hexes in the third of the Tobruk battles (backing up the Italians); as it was, they didn't give the Axis any points when they exited units. A draw was the best possible result. Booted up WAWED, set the value of each to 10 (it was 20, 20, and 0 respectively); and now everything works. Victory is possible for the Germans.

However, Tobruk can not fall. After the first run through (and failure to take the city), I reloaded an old save, set the game options to pure Hollywood, and refought it to see how it could be done. Four overwhelming DVs later, and the city held. So I did it again, but the fourth battle I opted for the amphibious invasion of the city. My troops overran the city; but the Ozzies still somehow held. So unless there is some really odd combination of four optional battles you need to fight; it's pretty clear that Tobruk can not fall during the first battle. If, perchance, there is some really odd combination of battles that can take the city; I would like to know what they are...

(in reply to Jim1954)
Post #: 109
RE: MegaCampaign Bugs please post here! - 9/27/2004 5:56:49 PM   
Wild Bill

Igor, thanks for playing MCNA.

Here is the explanation. Tobruk will not fall. Historically it did not fall. In fact, the steadfast hold of the Aussies on Tobruk would later mean the temporary downfall of Rommel and play a big part in his retreat at the end of 1941.

I considered letting Tobruk be captured, but if that had really happened, it would have altered entirely the North African campaign in 1941, so much so that the entire war might have taken a drastic turn.

True, it did fall in 1942, after the Gazala debacle and Rommel's rush to the east to Egypt. If I had let Tobruk fall in 1941, it would have required an entirely different thread of events, most of which would have been entirely fictional. That might have been done, but it would have required more time and work than we were able to give to the project at the time.

With that said, remember that you can win local battles in the Tobruk area but you will not achieve the greater strategic goal of the fall of Tobruk. Now that would make for some interesting "what if" battles.

While I'm here, let me thank Chief and others of you who have so willingly offered time and effort to help others play this Mega Campaign. You are a great buch of guys.

Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Igor)
Post #: 110
RE: MegaCampaign Bugs please post here! - 9/27/2004 6:32:44 PM   
chief

Thanks Bill:

chief

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 111
MCLV magic - 11/21/2004 1:49:11 AM   
Igor

And now, in the right thread...Ok, so I'm late in the Kiev arm of Lost Victories; my troops are holed up defending the west side of a river (Where Are The Winter Uniforms, I believe). The battle turns out to be fairly easy despite the blizzard; there are only a company of motor rifles, a company of ski troops, and a handful of light tanks out there. No Arty, no worries.

The game ends in a decisive victory for Kampfgruppe Vebber, with the usual lack of comment on the game end screen; and the next thing I know, he's getting briefed on his upcoming assault on Festung Molotov. Now, I'm sure that the troops wouldn't have minded being whisked off to the Crimea and back through time on the wings of magic; but somehow I doubted that was the proper order of the battles.

What is supposed to be the next battle?

(in reply to chief)
Post #: 112
RE: MegaCampaign Bugs please post here! - 3/16/2005 1:04:39 AM   
cozzolino

MegaCampaign is not a really Campaign !

I had just bought the MegaCampaign GE and started to play the Desert Fox and I'm became not happy with that when I saw it's not really a Campaign. When I started the second cenario the units that I had lost on the first one are back alive with less moral. When I started scenario 3 I saw the units I lost on scenario 2 are back with high moral. I think it's the most important think in a Campaign is to obey the individual units history!

Also I saw OOB problems. The GB Lewis MG seens with a halftrack Icon.

Sugestions for SPWAW:
-Remove the Rally option. In H-H games the game becames mutch interesting as soon the turns are fasters (a lot of units are supresseds and may not do anything). Using Rally option the player that is on turn has a great advantage as soon as it may shot-recover-shot many times and his enemy not. Of couse during the enemy turn he may do the same but anyway the player that is on play will have a greate advantage during his turn. Artillary as defensive weapon is less efective as soon as the atacker may Rally and atack as as ofensive weapon the defensive units will still supressed when atacked.
To play with AI is also better to do not use Rally to give an advantage to the stupid computer.
-Allow the transported unit to receive losses when the vehicle is damaged. It's very unreal how a truck is destroyed by a high shell and Infantary transported never receive a loss.
- A problem on OOB: The German 88 and the American 90mm flak guns are alowed to unload and shot on the same turn. They are big guns and much smallers ones may not do the same!

Marcelo Cozzolino

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 113
RE: MegaCampaign Bugs please post here! - 3/16/2005 7:52:21 AM   
skukko

Howdy Gozzolino

quote:

-Allow the transported unit to receive losses when the vehicle is damaged. It's very unreal how a truck is destroyed by a high shell and Infantary transported never receive a loss.

In fact infantry and other transported stuff do get casualties when loaded into truck/tank and vehicle is hitted with HE-round. Sometimes they just melt away without any msg. When doing LVMC this was fully tested because russians had soldiers moving On tanks. It did cause some problems before we knew what was going on.

AA's do still fire on same turn when unloaded? Darn good surprise in pbems, but not so authentic

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to cozzolino)
Post #: 114
RE: MegaCampaign Bugs please post here! - 3/16/2005 8:10:13 AM   
skukko

hell, I hit right button in wrong time...

And what it comes to units that come back in next battle: Hauptmann Vebber just have collected his *dispersed* units back into order. They are not always *killed*, they are wounded, unconsious, sceared, fleed into bushes, under rocks etc. Many soldiers were vanished and said to MIAs or KIAs in confusion of battle and after guns were silenced they appeared to be alive. This is historical fact. If they have less morale its justified. Having less experience is follow-up by the fact that squad is just as good as its leader. So if squad lost its *Ironcross -candidate* in previuos battle, it can have less experienced officer from re-inforcement pool in next fight. Quite historical this also.

Ok, you may consider these answers as my opinions, or take take as they are, -something tha has been written by the men who actually lived to write their war into memories for generations to come. This last is what also wargaming is more or less.

salute

mosh

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 115
RE: Potapov Strikes won't run - 3/19/2005 8:25:48 PM   
mh55555

I recently purchased the Lost Victories Mega Campaign (February 2005) and have hit the same snag at Potapov Strikes Again (Malin-Korosten Area). Is there a fix or can you send me a workable save file (do not really want to start over again). Help?

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 116
RE: Potapov Strikes won't run - 3/21/2005 8:52:32 AM   
skukko

mh55555:
quote:

I recently purchased the Lost Victories Mega Campaign (February 2005) and have hit the same snag at Potapov Strikes Again (Malin-Korosten Area). Is there a fix or can you send me a workable save file (do not really want to start over again). Help?

Have you downloaded patch ( 19-Apr-02 / v1.2) from DL-area at main-page? It sounds to me that you've purchased just LVMC, not that Generals Ed that contains all MCs and newest updates. Correct me if I am wrong.

And if this Potapov is still in there, tell me about it also, I'll try to solve it as some other things that can be done within reasonable time.

LV-team cpt

salute

mosh

(in reply to mh55555)
Post #: 117
Of Lost Victories and river of Bug - 4/9/2005 12:20:10 AM   
skukko

Howdy :)

Well..- I've finally found something from my CDs. I have a question:

RichardT1st: Have you your desert fox running? Have you tried it? I might know what is problem. I've seen similar errors in my battle at the desert. I just haven't had time and interests to fix them for my own struggle. And besides, those tanks driving other tanks have been in my games scenario-related, and dissapeared in next fights. Saving: Create new folder/ name it MCbackup/ copy working save into there, -Before starting game. This way you allways loose only one battle when game crashes. Don't mind about killed troops: someone has said that "don't get too big friend with your squad-members, they can be dead in next fight and you loose your faith". (Save-problems seems to solved anyway. -or?)

I am not so confident with Desert Fox, but there are similar oddities as are in All MCs, and some of them I can fix, or say why they don't run they should be..

Is there a problem still mr55555 with Potapov Strikes?

And what it comes to Timetravellers in Lost Victories:: uhm.. From Kiev to Festung Molotov.. You'll have to understand that when setting up around 300 scenarios there can be some mistakes unseen. This is what has happened: Kiev is scenario number XXX and aftermath should open to you scenarios ZZZ. So now this has gone wrong and you have scenarios CCC next. Sounds simple to keep track of all these "from here to there", but its not easy for one man. Brent Grenadier Richards kept those followups in his hands, and he did it good.

If there is more scenario-errata that Still causes your bloodpressure to rise, lets fix them, just keep posting here. BUT, -try to look at the right -hand corner scenarios number and creator. It really helps to know where problems are. Might take some time before I'll answer due to other things, but I'll answer with plea.

yours: mosh, -LV Team Cpt

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 118
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI