Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitP Utility - update (18/03/2005)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitP Utility - update (18/03/2005) Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitP Utility - update (18/03/2005) - 3/23/2005 2:32:53 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

I downloaded your utility and it looks great. But, in the base display I think you have a problem. I was looking at Bativia which has 100 oil and 600 resources. Your utility shows daily values of 100 oil, 17 fuel, 600 resources and 600 supply. But it should show 600 oil, 100 fuel, 750 resources and 600 supply for daily values.

Which scenario?

Where did you get the 600 oil, 100 fuel, 750 resources and 600 supply for daily values?

< Message edited by Bodhi -- 3/23/2005 2:57:01 AM >

Bodhi

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 151
RE: WitP Utility - update (18/03/2005) - 3/23/2005 3:09:44 AM   
Nomad

Oops, sorry, should read my posts. Senario 15, Batavia has 100 oil and 600 resources with 0 in storage for each. Run one turn and there are 600 oil and 750 resources in storage. Also, my numbers would agree with the manual.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 3/23/2005 3:14:22 AM >

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 152
RE: WitP Utility - update (18/03/2005) - 3/23/2005 4:11:38 AM   
Bodhi

As the manual says the "the production system is unique". To be honest, I find it confusing and obscure, or maybe it's just me.

You are correct, the results displayed aren't quite correct. Initially I only displayed the daily values for supply, fuel, oil and resource from the scenario database files. However, these don't give the correct picture. Each "oil point" from the scenario database file, actually results in 6 oil points in storage and 1 fuel point. Also each scenario "resource point" results in 1.25 resource points in storage and 1 supply point. (Then again, these assume that the oil and resource centres aren't damaged, something the utility has no way of knowing. )

The problem is that the results displayed in the utility are still in the scenario database file units. To get the values as displayed in game, both fuel and oil need to multiplied by 6 and resources by 1.25. I'll probably update the next version. However, I don't pay that much attention to the production system as I don't feel it's a good design. All I'm interested in is where are the major oil and resource producing centres.

Thanks for the heads-up. Maybe you can explain the whole production system to me one day.

Bodhi

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 153
RE: WitP Utility - update (18/03/2005) - 3/23/2005 4:25:34 AM   
Nomad

Not a big thing as long as you know it. Just thought I would bring it up to you.

If I ever figure out the wierd production system, I'll tell you all about.

Really a very good utility, too bad something like it wasn't includes as an itegral part of the game.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 3/23/2005 4:31:11 AM >

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 154
WitP Utility - what's next - 3/26/2005 9:48:24 AM   
Bodhi

While waiting for the 1.5 patch, I've been working a bit more on the utility.

After feedback, I've now implemented a listing of all active combat reports, similar to the listing of all intel and ops reports. The list only really shows the date of combat, type of combat and location. Clicking on any row in the list jumps the map to that location and displays the detailed combat report tab with all the combat reports for that hex.

Not finished yet (see the screenshot for a clue what's still in the pipeline ), but I'll post when the update is ready.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Bodhi -- 3/26/2005 9:49:02 AM >

Bodhi

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 155
RE: WitP Utility - what's next - 3/26/2005 7:26:28 PM   
Herrbear

You are amazing. Thanks a lot.

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 156
RE: WitP Utility - what's next - 3/26/2005 7:36:38 PM   
scout1

quote:

As always, you are truely amazing.

Looking very sweet. Now I can go back to being lazy and depending on your utility to capture and present in a very user friendly manner, what my opponents just did to me.

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 157
RE: WitP Utility - what's next - 3/26/2005 8:38:41 PM   
tc464

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bodhi

Bodhi mentioned a while back that I was working on a planner/calendar. Well, we have finally moved past the screaming, pleading, and late night drinking binges, and I am well into the coding this thing. Bodhi has been kind enough to reserve the F10 key on his utility

I thought I would post a quick note on features, and a screen shot. I deliberately kept it simple, so I could incorporate feedback into any future updates. Basically, this thing has the following:

A sizeable window with a calendar, category, note and event section.

The calendar is in sync with the game date on Bodhi's utility.

Notes are always available, and can be linked to categories. Notes are simply a title and an unlimited size notepad. They will always appear in the notes section.

Events are basically notes as well, but are linked to a date, or series of dates. Events can also be tied to categories, including the same ones you linked the notes to. The events will appear in the events section on every date you specify. You won't be limited to just the game date, you will be able to navigate freely around the calendar.

On the screen shot, the categories act as a filter. There will be a separate window for a category you request, which will display a listing of every note/event tied to it, with a text area underneath. As you click on each note/event, the text area will display whatever you put there.

Asleep yet ? Ok, here's the screen shot.

Ideas, comments, feedback welcomed.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 158
RE: WitP Utility - what's next - 3/26/2005 9:53:37 PM   
Roger Neilson

WOW.............................

This could be the answer to my overheated brain cells - so I can basically note down what i want to do, with what and when and be able to retrieve it??????

Repeat - WOW

Roger

(in reply to tc464)
Post #: 159
RE: WitP Utility - what's next - 3/26/2005 10:16:57 PM   
Nomad

Is it ready yet?

Looks great, just what is needed( what should have shipped with WitP).

(in reply to Roger Neilson)
Post #: 160
RE: WitP Utility - what's next - 3/27/2005 8:13:26 AM   
Bodhi

Here's a shot of the other new tab. I'm sure you can guess what it does.

Attachment (1)

Bodhi

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 161
RE: WitP Utility - what's next - 3/27/2005 8:50:24 AM   
tabpub

I do have to admit, that is the cat's meow for me. One presumes that you can track just by "generic" types, not just the specific classes? I do use and appreciate this utility, by the way. Outstanding work, sir.

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 162
RE: WitP Utility - what's next - 3/27/2005 11:21:59 AM   
Roger Neilson

okay this has becoem so so good I will have to make it an autostart programme on my bootup sequence.

Now if only there was a way of predicting the time from ordering the loading of a TF to arrival at destination....

Roger

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 163
RE: WitP Utility - update (18/03/2005) - 3/27/2005 11:28:08 AM   
Oliver Heindorf

Does this tool still support AI games only ?

I ask becasue I have started to make a tool for myself using Access VBA which contains all the sigint data for all dates and for all bases. It is far behind Bodhis visual standards ( lack of knowledge ) but it will contain all data of sigint you ever got ( I let access import the data from the txt files )

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 164
RE: WitP Utility - update (18/03/2005) - 3/27/2005 1:05:20 PM   
Knavey

I use the tool in both the email games that I am playing. All you do is run the 001 turn, start the utility, tell it which PBEM game you are running, and then upload the reports into that "file" in the utility. Works great.

x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93
"Going slow in the fast direction"

(in reply to Oliver Heindorf)
Post #: 165
RE: WitP Utility - what's next - 3/28/2005 2:21:08 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: tabpub

I do have to admit, that is the cat's meow for me. One presumes that you can track just by "generic" types, not just the specific classes? I do use and appreciate this utility, by the way. Outstanding work, sir.

Ships are individually tracked. The small, left combo box is the ship type selection (currently hard-coded for CV, CVL, CVE, BB, BC and CA), the right combo-box is for individual ship (the ship class name is given in brackets as a reminder only). There is no filter applied to this data, so even if you're only displaying itnel/ops/combat reports for say the last week, ALL data on the individual ships will show up here. Click on a row with a valid hex to jump to that hex.

Bodhi

(in reply to tabpub)
Post #: 166
RE: WitP Utility - update (18/03/2005) - 3/28/2005 2:24:18 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oliver Heindorf

Does this tool still support AI games only ?

No, PBEM also supported. If the auto update of intel/ops/combat data isn't working for you, there's always the possibility to manually update. Just make sure you have the correct txt files in the WitP SAVE folder, then click the manual update button.

Bodhi

(in reply to Oliver Heindorf)
Post #: 167
RE: WitP Utility - what's next - 3/28/2005 2:25:57 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson

Now if only there was a way of predicting the time from ordering the loading of a TF to arrival at destination....

That'd be useful. Unfortunately, no way of knowing the units, ships, port involved, so all you get at the moment is the estimated travel time I'm afraid.

Bodhi

(in reply to Roger Neilson)
Post #: 168
WitP Utility - latest version (28/03/2005) - 3/28/2005 2:41:35 PM   
Bodhi

Latest version (1.0.0.3) now available.

Download link.

• Fixed reporting of daily supply/resources/oil/fuel for bases
  • No of days of intel/ops reports to display is now remembered between sessions
  • Added list of all valid combat reports. Selecting one report jumps to hex for that report and loads all valid combat reports for that hex
  • Added tracking of opponents major ships. Select type (currently CV, CVL, CVE, BB, BC & CA only), then specific ship to get a listing of all combat and sightings involving that ship. Hexes for the combat and sightings of the selected ship are marked on map with appropriate ship icon.

Bodhi

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 169
RE: WitP Utility - latest version (28/03/2005) - 3/28/2005 8:10:18 PM   
BaitBoy

I just downloaded the latest version. I installed it in the default directory and ran it. I recieved the following errors:

WITP path appears to be incorrect.

and

path to map appears to be incorrect.

I have WiPT installed in c:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific.

What do I need to do to be able to get your utility to run?

Thanks

"You go over there and attract their attention while I . . . "

Member Henchmen and Sidekicks Local 272

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 170
RE: WitP Utility - latest version (28/03/2005) - 3/28/2005 11:49:23 PM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bait Boy

I just downloaded the latest version. I installed it in the default directory and ran it. I recieved the following errors:

WITP path appears to be incorrect.

and

path to map appears to be incorrect.

I have WiPT installed in c:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific.

What do I need to do to be able to get your utility to run?

Thanks

That's strange, but probably not fatal. On starting the program for the very first time it looks in the registry for the path to WitP. Once it's found the path, it does a quick check to see that the files it needs to use are actually there. Obviously, it's either not found the path or the files: this is the strange part. Looks like you'll have to help it out and point it to those two folders. You can set them via Tools->Options on the menu of the main window. See the included reference manual for more details and relevant screenshots. Post back if you have any further problems.

Bodhi

(in reply to BaitBoy)
Post #: 171
RE: WitP Utility - latest version (28/03/2005) - 3/29/2005 12:49:43 AM   
scout1

quote:

What kind of operating system are your running this on ?

I haven't had an issue with W2000 or XP and I run one of them as a split drive (c: and d:) and the utility hasn't had an issue finding the game directory. Where did you install the game at ?

(in reply to BaitBoy)
Post #: 172
RE: WitP Utility - latest version (28/03/2005) - 3/29/2005 3:53:55 AM   
Knavey

Bohdi,

I take it the notes planner/calendar section is NOT in the latest patch yet? 1.0.0.3

Love this utility. Keep up the good work.

x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 173
RE: WitP Utility - latest version (28/03/2005) - 3/29/2005 4:14:02 AM   
BaitBoy

quote:

That's strange, but probably not fatal. On starting the program for the very first time it looks in the registry for the path to WitP. Once it's found the path, it does a quick check to see that the files it needs to use are actually there. Obviously, it's either not found the path or the files: this is the strange part. Looks like you'll have to help it out and point it to those two folders. You can set them via Tools->Options on the menu of the main window. See the included reference manual for more details and relevant screenshots. Post back if you have any further problems.

I get the error messages in a pair of pop-up boxes. After I click on "O.K." each box closes, and the program never starts.

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 174
RE: WitP Utility - latest version (28/03/2005) - 3/29/2005 4:24:54 AM   
tc464

quote:

ORIGINAL: Knavey

Bohdi,

I take it the notes planner/calendar section is NOT in the latest patch yet? 1.0.0.3

Love this utility. Keep up the good work.

Nope, not this time. Solved a couple ugly technical issues this weekend, and I hope to have it pretty much done and into serious testing by Sunday. No promises though...a couple pending business trips could blow that right out of the water.

(in reply to Knavey)
Post #: 175
RE: WitP Utility - latest version (28/03/2005) - 3/29/2005 4:28:57 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

Correct, it's not in this version. Ted's doing that independently, I know he's making progress, I don't know if he has an ETA yet. I'm sure he'll be along soon to comment.

[Added in edit: See, I said he'd be here soon, he was actually posting at the same time.]

Bodhi

(in reply to Knavey)
Post #: 176
RE: WitP Utility - latest version (28/03/2005) - 3/29/2005 4:31:03 AM   
Knavey

quote:

quote:

Correct, it's not in this version. Ted's doing that independently, I know he's making progress, I don't know if he has an ETA yet. I'm sure he'll be along soon to comment.

Ahh, pleasure BEFORE business! Hey, thats what laptops are for right?

Looking forward to your feature in Bodhi's utility. I will be able to put away my notebooks. Of course, now I will have the laptop with the utility on it running next to the desktop, but I have a big desk too.

Thanks guys.

x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 177
RE: WitP Utility - latest version (28/03/2005) - 3/29/2005 4:39:18 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bait Boy

I get the error messages in a pair of pop-up boxes. After I click on "O.K." each box closes, and the program never starts.

Okay, that says that there's something wrong with either your registry or the registry entry for WitP. Still not terminal though.

Check in the folder in which you installed the utility.
You should have a file named WITPUtility.exe.config. (You may need to change your explorer options for it to show like that.)
Open this file with Notepad.
Find the two lines that begin
    <add key="WitP_MapPath"

and
    <add key="WitP_Path"

and replace them with the following.

<add key="WitP_MapPath" value="c:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific\ART" />
    <add key="WitP_Path" value="c:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific" />

If you don't have those two lines in that file, just add them after any other line beginning with
    <add key="

This is assuming that the correct path to WitP is c:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific as you said in your earlier message. If it isn't replace that part of each line with the correct path.

Bodhi

(in reply to BaitBoy)
Post #: 178
RE: WitP Utility - latest version (28/03/2005) - 3/29/2005 5:05:58 AM   
BaitBoy

Thank you so much for making this utility and for your help in getting it to work for me! I was going nuts trying to assimilate all of the information in the game, especially the intel reports.

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 179
RE: WitP Utility - latest version (28/03/2005) - 3/29/2005 5:35:26 AM   
Bodhi

So I can take it that manually entering the paths into the config file worked?

Bodhi

(in reply to BaitBoy)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitP Utility - update (18/03/2005) Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI