Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

First -game: whoa Nellie!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> First -game: whoa Nellie! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First -game: whoa Nellie! - 4/26/2005 6:28:24 PM   
CamelCity

3 turns into my first battle (the upstart Belgic tribes revolt at Nervii), and I'm getting my Glutius Maximus handed to me in grand style.

But it sure is fun! Really digging the 6-stand infantry units, the campaign order of battle screen, the grid that toggles onto the game surface (makes it easy to see accurately what's around the objectives flags). And the music. Very cinematic, just like in TS:ATG.

Unfortuneatly, I must get some actual work done today, so the conclusion of inevitable defeat must be postponed until later.

Thanks Eric for the speedy reax to the install issue!
Post #: 1
RE: First -game: whoa Nellie! - 4/26/2005 8:33:06 PM   
Erik Rutins

Very glad to hear this - don't forget to throw your Pilums (Pila?) at those crazy Belgians.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to CamelCity)
Post #: 2
RE: First -game: whoa Nellie! - 4/26/2005 11:46:41 PM   
GreenDestiny

That’s one thing about Tin solders games that I like. It’ has a fairly decent AI. In my battle last night against the Helvetii. I started to encircle about 3or4 of their units and I thought I would have them in the next 1or2 turns but they retreated right out of it. It was a really close fight all the way to the end. I didn’t think I would win as Caesar was routing off the field. But some how I stuck with it and pulled a minor victory out of it. Excellent game. And as Erik Rutins said don’t forget about the Pilums. And watch out for the enemy archers.

(in reply to CamelCity)
Post #: 3
RE: First -game: whoa Nellie! - 4/27/2005 2:18:23 AM   
Copper

The Battle with the Helvettii was pretty awesome, I was able to pull out a major victory, that really helped my overall standing.

(in reply to GreenDestiny)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> First -game: whoa Nellie! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI