First -game: whoa Nellie! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar

CamelCity -> First -game: whoa Nellie! (4/26/2005 6:28:24 PM)

3 turns into my first battle (the upstart Belgic tribes revolt at Nervii), and I'm getting my Glutius Maximus handed to me in grand style.

But it sure is fun! Really digging the 6-stand infantry units, the campaign order of battle screen, the grid that toggles onto the game surface (makes it easy to see accurately what's around the objectives flags). And the music. Very cinematic, just like in TS:ATG.

Unfortuneatly, I must get some actual work done today, so the conclusion of inevitable defeat must be postponed until later.

Thanks Eric for the speedy reax to the install issue!

Erik Rutins -> RE: First -game: whoa Nellie! (4/26/2005 8:33:06 PM)

Very glad to hear this - don't forget to throw your Pilums (Pila?) at those crazy Belgians. [;)]

Regards,

- Erik

GreenDestiny -> RE: First -game: whoa Nellie! (4/26/2005 11:46:41 PM)

That’s one thing about Tin solders games that I like. It’ has a fairly decent AI. In my battle last night against the Helvetii. I started to encircle about 3or4 of their units and I thought I would have them in the next 1or2 turns but they retreated right out of it. It was a really close fight all the way to the end. I didn’t think I would win as Caesar was routing off the field. But some how I stuck with it and pulled a minor victory out of it. Excellent game. And as Erik Rutins said don’t forget about the Pilums. And watch out for the enemy archers.

Copper -> RE: First -game: whoa Nellie! (4/27/2005 2:18:23 AM)

The Battle with the Helvettii was pretty awesome, I was able to pull out a major victory, that really helped my overall standing.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI