Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Interpretation problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Interpretation problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Interpretation problem - 5/9/2005 10:41:42 PM   
98locko

Hi all!!

Well… I’ve been reading your post for a long time and something got to my attention. It was said by Marshall Ellis: “Well there is only 47 pages in the rule book but every line in every page has several interpretations which creates a programming / testing nightmare”. That is completely true. I’ve played over 25 games on the past 12 years and each time is the same thing. We (my friends and I) always finish arguing about a rule that is not clearly explained in the rulebook. So, last game we’ve decided that we would put a stop to it by marking those rules and give them are own interpretation.

The only line of conduct we add was that if we were going to change something, it had to advantage or disadvantage everybody on the map. Was a bit difficult, but after 5 hours, we were able to rectified those “dammmmmm” rules and everybody shook on it.

I’m pretty sure that we are not the first EIA players who did so and I’m also pretty sure that the rules that we’ve modified or changed or pretty much the same that everybody else are arguing about in other EIA groups.

What I’m trying to say here is that you (the developers) must be bug on the same rules that all the other experimented players have experimented. If you’re not to sure we’re to go with a rule, just ask those players to have a direction to go to, just to have some ideas.

At the end you’re the ones that are taking the final decision and like you’ve said Ellis: "You cannot feed just one pigeon" witch if true but with this simple line of conduct: “it has to advantage or disadvantage everybody on the map” every pigeon will be feed and ready to take a sh!t on the next car they’ll see!!!

Thanks for the attention!
Post #: 1
RE: Interpretation problem - 5/10/2005 12:50:55 AM   
Marshall Ellis

98locko:

Well said! Thank God I've got a platoon of seriously experienced testers that will give an intelligently tested interpretation of each of those rules. I've been corrected by these guys on multiple occasions and am forever thankful to them!

I made no mystery to the fact that I'm not a long time EiA veteran of 20 years and consider myself still to be learning the ropes. I'm not trying to scare anybody but just telling the truth!

Three cheers for the testers!

Thank you

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to 98locko)
Post #: 2
RE: Interpretation problem - 5/10/2005 12:59:30 AM   
ardilla

Ohhhhh yessss 98locko, you spoke the truth brother in arms!!!

< Message edited by ardilla -- 5/10/2005 1:00:12 AM >

Santiago y cierra España!!!

(in reply to 98locko)
Post #: 3
RE: Interpretation problem - 5/10/2005 4:35:14 AM   
Marshall Ellis

Hey all:

Why don't we go one step further and EVERYBODY give me the most controversial rule in standard EIA i.e. the one you gfight the most over...

Thank you

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to ardilla)
Post #: 4
RE: Interpretation problem - 5/10/2005 4:36:10 AM   
Marshall Ellis

In fact, I'll start a new thread for that...

Thank you

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 5
RE: Interpretation problem - 5/10/2005 6:25:27 AM   
98locko

Perfect... I was posting my message so this could eventually happend!!!

hehehe

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Interpretation problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI