Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CTD

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> CTD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CTD - 6/6/2005 3:58:28 AM   
WiTP_Dude

I am getting a CTD after running the latest turn from Zeta16. I've tried running it four different times but the game always crashes during the combat replay. Rebooted, installed the latest patch, and successfully ran a turn from another player. Still I can't get the turn to process all the way through.
Post #: 1
RE: CTD - 6/6/2005 4:48:58 AM   
ADavidB

quote:

ORIGINAL: WiTP_Dude

I am getting a CTD after running the latest turn from Zeta16. I've tried running it four different times but the game always crashes during the combat replay. Rebooted, installed the latest patch, and successfully ran a turn from another player. Still I can't get the turn to process all the way through.

What is the characteristic of your CTD - does the screen start to fade away piece meal, or go black all at once or what? Do you also get an error report afterwards?

I get CTDs fairly regularly on my PC that seem to be tied to either the 2005 version of Norton Anti-virus or the HP software that checks to see if anything is being faxed. They get worse when I have anything else running in the background so I usually shut off as much as possible before running WitP.

My PC is a two year old Dell desktop with a lot of memory and most bells and whistles, along with the latest version of XP. I've also tested WitP on my laptop and it really doesn't like having Lotus Notes interrupt it to let me know that I have email.

My suggestion is to shutdown everything that you have running in the background and try launching WitP again.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Dave Baranyi

(in reply to WiTP_Dude)
Post #: 2
RE: CTD - 6/6/2005 5:23:27 AM   
WiTP_Dude

I tried running it again but it still crashed. There is no message or anything. The WiTP program just closes out. I turned on the show combat option and the crash occurs during when a Japanese CL fights a group of PT boats near Zamboanga.

(in reply to ADavidB)
Post #: 3
RE: CTD - 6/6/2005 5:29:59 AM   
ADavidB

quote:

I tried running it again but it still crashed. There is no message or anything. The WiTP program just closes out. I turned on the show combat option and the crash occurs during when a Japanese CL fights a group of PT boats near Zamboanga.

Ugh! That sounds worse than my problem. Since it is the Combat Reply, anyone should be able to run it - why not send a copy to Frag or Mogami and ask them to run it and see what happens. (I'd look at it for you, but my system is fritzy enough that I wouldn't trust the result.)

Good luck -

Dave Baranyi

(in reply to WiTP_Dude)
Post #: 4
RE: CTD - 6/6/2005 9:33:46 AM   
castor troy

quote:

Hasn´t someone recently reported a problem when fighting PTs?

(in reply to WiTP_Dude)
Post #: 5
RE: CTD - 6/6/2005 6:42:04 PM   
grumbler

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy
Hasn´t someone recently reported a problem when fighting PTs?

Somebody brought that up, and when I disbanded all of my PT squadrons I found that my machine no longer crashed during the combat phase, either.

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 6
RE: CTD and PT Boats? - 6/17/2005 6:56:38 AM   
treespider

Just experienced my first CTD....When I attempt to replay the latest PBEM turn it always CTD at the same place. A Surface engagement at Brunei. Me the IJ fighting a group of PT boats after the third hit or so the game CTD. Screen goes black and error report appears.

Running Pry's scenario 34 with v1.52 patch....

(in reply to grumbler)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> CTD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI