Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Strikes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Air Strikes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Strikes - 6/9/2005 8:43:37 PM   
JohnO

Reading 8.5.4 Air Strikes, I noticed that there wasn't anything mention about chances of unplanned air support. I know that when the air mission is over and the remaining aircraft that made the bombing run returns to base and goes into a Rest and Refit orders and the craft will not be ready until thirty mintues.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a percentige set for unplanned airsupport.

John Osborne
Post #: 1
RE: Air Strikes - 6/9/2005 9:40:48 PM   
FlyingElvis

By unplanned air strikes, do you mean front line commanders calling in airstrikes like they can artillery?

(in reply to JohnO)
Post #: 2
RE: Air Strikes - 6/9/2005 10:30:10 PM   
CapnDarwin

I think he is looking for a random air package to pop up to be called in. At the moment, there is no function to do this in a random sense. The scenario designer can set the arrival time of the unit so it "appears" late in the scenario. Is this close enough?

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to FlyingElvis)
Post #: 3
RE: Air Strikes - 6/9/2005 10:53:58 PM   
JohnO

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

I think he is looking for a random air package to pop up to be called in. At the moment, there is no function to do this in a random sense. The scenario designer can set the arrival time of the unit so it "appears" late in the scenario. Is this close enough?

receiving additional air missions during the game which is set by percentage. lets say that you have two air strikes and the percentage is set for say 50% of additional air support. So along during the battle there is a random number rolled for additional air support. You can get one or two additional air strikes. It depends on the dice roll

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 4
RE: Air Strikes - 6/10/2005 12:48:57 AM   
Raukman

I am not sure randomness in extra airstrikes is what I want. But there would be a nice feature to get extra airstrikes as a result of an enemy who has taken an objective. I.e. Extra airstrikes is ordered in by the high comand to retaliate etc. This could also be a nice feature as a reinforcement event in combiantion to already scheduled reinforcement.

Later!

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit! - God, look at the time! My wife will kill me!
Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you want peace, prepare for the war

(in reply to JohnO)
Post #: 5
RE: Air Strikes - 6/20/2005 10:32:08 PM   
Viper6

I think I get what JohnO is saying, it would be rather nice for the senario designer to add in a random chance the cartain units would be availible, airstrikes or otherwise. It would give the mission a little more replay value, say a certain reenforcing group of tanks has a 75% of ariving on the map after a certin number of rounds, and mabye if they don't (the random number was 76 or higher) the player could get a message telling them that the reenforcments have been delayed or rerouted to another unit. it woulden't really effect the game much unless the senario designer decided to include it into the mission.

VIPER

(in reply to Raukman)
Post #: 6
RE: Air Strikes - 6/21/2005 12:54:10 AM   
CapnDarwin

Gents,

At the moment there is no way to set random events in the game engine. Reinforcements have a set time of arrival. Random events and a few other things are on my list of items to discuss when I pow-wow with Rob and Co. at Origins next week. It is a good idea but requires a far bit of recoding by Rob (beer bribes may hasten the process).

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Viper6)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Air Strikes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI