Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.03 popup information too fast

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Flashpoint Germany Support >> 1.03 popup information too fast Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.03 popup information too fast - 6/11/2005 10:32:14 AM   
nukkxx5058

Hi, I just noticesd that some pop-up messages are flashingto fast and I don't have ime to read it. I think it's messages like "arty aBC running out of chemcals" or something like that.
Did someone notice that too ?
Post #: 1
RE: 1.03 popup information too fast - 6/11/2005 2:32:19 PM   
cbelva

Yes, I noticed the same thing. Several times during the game messages would pop up during combat and would disapear before I could read them. And they appeared to be messages regarding Arty. I will keep an eye on that.

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.03 popup information too fast - 6/11/2005 3:34:04 PM   
CapnDarwin

2 things may be effecting the speed of the messages. One is the new fast arty option. The other may be the game speed setting in the main options page. I'll check mine to see what it does.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.03 popup information too fast - 6/11/2005 3:42:31 PM   
cbelva

BTW, I like the fast arty option.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 4
RE: 1.03 popup information too fast - 6/11/2005 4:13:25 PM   
CapnDarwin

It is a nice option, but you pay the price in messages traffic flying by at a good clip sometimes. Rob does a good job of taking in customer feedback and adding things that make sense. Fast Arty was one of those items.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 5
RE: 1.03 popup information too fast - 6/11/2005 4:52:42 PM   
cbelva

I can live with it.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 6
RE: 1.03 popup information too fast - 6/11/2005 7:23:20 PM   
IronManBeta

There is a basic game configuration setting called the "General Game Delay Factor" that is set on the Setup / Game Options screen. It can vary anywhere from 0 to 10 seconds and the hints and dialog boxes are keyed pretty directly to it.

For example, the hint message that you see when an artillery unit runs out of a key type of ammo is displayed for 2 seconds plus 5 times the general game delay. I tend to keep the game delay at 300 ms myself so I see this meesage for 2 + 5 * .3 = 3.5 seconds. That is plenty for me but might be too much for some and not enough for others.

If yours is too short then check the default setting on the Options screen and increase it. Better yet, you can freely vary the setting during the course of play and turn resolution. Every time you hit the "+" key on the numeric keypad you lengthen the delay by 100 milliseconds (1/10 of a second). Each "-" shortens it by 100 ms. If things are going by too fast then try hitting the + key until you reach a rate that is better.

Finally, sometimes loading a PBEM game or someone else's saved game will transfer their game delay setting to your machine. Just because you set it just so a few weeks ago doesn't mean that it hasn't changed since. Just take a peek and see if it is still where you put it.

Hope this helps, cheers, Rob.

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Flashpoint Germany Support >> 1.03 popup information too fast Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI