1.03 popup information too fast (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Flashpoint Germany Support

nukkxx5058 -> 1.03 popup information too fast (6/11/2005 10:32:14 AM)

Hi, I just noticesd that some pop-up messages are flashingto fast and I don't have ime to read it. I think it's messages like "arty aBC running out of chemcals" or something like that.
Did someone notice that too ?

cbelva -> RE: 1.03 popup information too fast (6/11/2005 2:32:19 PM)

Yes, I noticed the same thing. Several times during the game messages would pop up during combat and would disapear before I could read them. And they appeared to be messages regarding Arty. I will keep an eye on that.

CapnDarwin -> RE: 1.03 popup information too fast (6/11/2005 3:34:04 PM)

2 things may be effecting the speed of the messages. One is the new fast arty option. The other may be the game speed setting in the main options page. I'll check mine to see what it does.

cbelva -> RE: 1.03 popup information too fast (6/11/2005 3:42:31 PM)

BTW, I like the fast arty option.[sm=00000280.gif]

CapnDarwin -> RE: 1.03 popup information too fast (6/11/2005 4:13:25 PM)

It is a nice option, but you pay the price in messages traffic flying by at a good clip sometimes. Rob does a good job of taking in customer feedback and adding things that make sense. Fast Arty was one of those items.

cbelva -> RE: 1.03 popup information too fast (6/11/2005 4:52:42 PM)

I can live with it.

IronManBeta -> RE: 1.03 popup information too fast (6/11/2005 7:23:20 PM)

There is a basic game configuration setting called the "General Game Delay Factor" that is set on the Setup / Game Options screen. It can vary anywhere from 0 to 10 seconds and the hints and dialog boxes are keyed pretty directly to it.

For example, the hint message that you see when an artillery unit runs out of a key type of ammo is displayed for 2 seconds plus 5 times the general game delay. I tend to keep the game delay at 300 ms myself so I see this meesage for 2 + 5 * .3 = 3.5 seconds. That is plenty for me but might be too much for some and not enough for others.

If yours is too short then check the default setting on the Options screen and increase it. Better yet, you can freely vary the setting during the course of play and turn resolution. Every time you hit the "+" key on the numeric keypad you lengthen the delay by 100 milliseconds (1/10 of a second). Each "-" shortens it by 100 ms. If things are going by too fast then try hitting the + key until you reach a rate that is better.

Finally, sometimes loading a PBEM game or someone else's saved game will transfer their game delay setting to your machine. Just because you set it just so a few weeks ago doesn't mean that it hasn't changed since. Just take a peek and see if it is still where you put it.

Hope this helps, cheers, Rob.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI