Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

4.5 wont run past turn two, menu dies, then game dies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> 4.5 wont run past turn two, menu dies, then game dies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4.5 wont run past turn two, menu dies, then game dies - 12/29/2000 11:12:00 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

hey I have been running Steel Panthers long enough to be firmly addicted to it. Started with original commercial software. Went to 4.1 through 4.2 through 4.3. I KNOW all this software runs on my computer (as I played the game constantly). Made the error of deleting it in favour of a fresh install. I had a burned cd (that runs on friends computer) with 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 on it. I cant get it to run now. So I downloaded 4.5 Exact same problem is cursing me now. Game runs for 2 turns, then my menu (the menu of the right of the game while playing) disappears, and the game comes to a great big halt. Any ideas out there? My computer DOES run Steel Panthers, so I havent a clue what is wrong. OH and warning!, I am the furthest thing from a computer geek, so keep comments pitifully obvious and simple please. Oh and I am online almost all the time, so I can respond fairly quickly. ------------------ Winning all the time is as boring as losing all the time

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
Post #: 1
- 12/30/2000 12:02:00 PM   
BlitzSS

I haven't heard of this one before. Are you patching up a full Version to get to 4.5?

"Nuts"

(in reply to Les_the_Sarge_9_1)
Post #: 2
- 12/30/2000 10:59:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

How much memory do you have? And how much free space on your HD?

Post #: 3
- 1/10/2001 1:32:00 PM   
Maverick

Greetings, No offence ment Sarge, but I am really glad to see you have this problem. I was worried it might be just me! Mine is only version 4, and it looses all buttons and keyboard responses, yes? I am running a PII 233 w/32meg. Like you, I too have had SP from the first comercial release. I have a couple of gig free, so dead end there. Any ideas anyone? %^) ------------------

Be Well, Be Just, and Dread nought.

Post #: 4
- 1/12/2001 2:08:00 AM   
BlitzSS

I RX an email from Les and was told that after she had DL'd the latest Norton's Anti Virus DEF and cleaned it up the HD, that everything now runs fine. I should add that people should post what fixed their aliments so that others with the same problem can find solutions.

"Nuts"

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> 4.5 wont run past turn two, menu dies, then game dies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI