Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Security Violation Message

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Security Violation Message Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Security Violation Message - 5/12/2001 10:11:00 AM   
Del

In four games I've started with v5.01 I've gotten a security violation message, corrupt ob files or something of that ilk. I know of one other person who got the same thing. This was while doing setups. I don't know about while starting a turn. Anyone else? Thanks

Yea though I walk through the Valley of Death I shall fear NO evil for Thou art with me.
Post #: 1
- 5/13/2001 1:00:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

This means you and your opponeant do not have the same OOBs

(in reply to Del)
Post #: 2
- 5/14/2001 6:54:00 AM   
Del

Not so. We all have the same version. We went ahead with the games anyway. Now one of them has become a 'saved game failed to load' or something along those lines. Has anyone else had problems with pbem security messages?

Yea though I walk through the Valley of Death I shall fear NO evil for Thou art with me.

(in reply to Del)
Post #: 3
- 5/14/2001 9:03:00 AM   
TotenkopfZZ

I had the same problem with one of the pre-generated scenarios. I uninstalled and deleted the Matrix folder, because I have noticed that a simple reinstallation does not replace everything in the OoB files. This process did nothing to fix the error in the pre-gen scenario game we were playing via Email though so I think once the game places the flag on the file for corruption or whatever it stays throughout the duration of that game.

(in reply to Del)
Post #: 4
- 5/14/2001 11:04:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Has one of the players opened the OOB files and saved in the editor" even if you don't change anything that can cause a violation?

(in reply to Del)
Post #: 5
- 5/14/2001 2:32:00 PM   
Fredde

In all cases I had that message, sending a copy of the two OOB files to the other player solved the issue.

"If infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, artillery is her backbone", Jukka L. Mäkelä about the Finnish victory at Ihantala.

(in reply to Del)
Post #: 6
- 5/14/2001 9:59:00 PM   
Mike Wood

Hello... Reinstalling SPWAW will cause a security violation error message, even if there were none, before. The game detects reinstallations, because some players could use that to cheat.
quote:

Originally posted by TotenkopfZZ: I had the same problem with one of the pre-generated scenarios. I uninstalled and deleted the Matrix folder, because I have noticed that a simple reinstallation does not replace everything in the OoB files. This process did nothing to fix the error in the pre-gen scenario game we were playing via Email though so I think once the game places the flag on the file for corruption or whatever it stays throughout the duration of that game.
There are a number of peculiarities about playing secure email games. The manual tells what you should never do, during a game, such as reinstalling the game. There are so many ways that one could cheat, we had to use a very strict protocol in the secure PBEM system. If you are trying to continue a game after having upgraded the executable or the OOB files, the program will detect this as a security violation error. It is quite possible to get a security violation error message without cheating, if one does not follow the proper protocol. The new version will warn you that a violation has occurred, but let you continue the game. Have Fun... Michael Wood

(in reply to Del)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Security Violation Message Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI