Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Nooooooo!!!!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Nooooooo!!!!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nooooooo!!!!!! - 6/2/2001 3:35:00 PM   
James P

I give up! While managing to work around the problem as discussed in topic: http://www.matrixgames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=15&t=000158 I have now hit another snag. Suddenly from nowhere, when I'm playing an unsecured head to head game, I open and play the turn with no problems. When I end my turn and hit save, the game crashes back to the windows desktop. The only thing that has changed on my PC config since I was last able to save is I have upgraded Windows Media player to version 7.1, and I can't see why this would effect SPWAW!!!. This means I can no longer play any form of head to head game, secure or unsecured due to these problems - bring back version 4.5!!! :mad: How can a step up in version produce so many new problems? I have had my credit card charged $30 for the version 5.1 CD to be shipped to the UK and I now know is not going to work, so it's money down the drain......Can I cancel my order and get a refund Matrix?? Sorry to ask this, but I love this game, but $30 dollars for something I can't play is a luxury I can't afford :(

Cheers, JP
Post #: 1
- 6/3/2001 4:38:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

This problem only seems to be affecting a small portion of players. We will work on a fix and the fresh install of the Mega-campaign may fix things (As a fresh install of the game in any case may).

(in reply to James P)
Post #: 2
- 6/4/2001 8:51:00 PM   
slammer

Paul I had no idea other people were having the crash problem. I spent about 10 hours on saturday trying to fix the problem as I was convinced it was my enviroment. I will outline what I did in case it might point to something, perhaps not. System: AMD 700mhz, 256 meg ram, geforce video card. Drivers: ALL are the latest. directX=8.0 Some things I tried. 1. reinstall game fresh several times. 2. turn off hardware acceleration. 3. change agp speed and aperature size. 4. video changed to 800x600 even though game supposed to automatically change it. 5. loaded simpliest/fewest number of objects on screen. 6. adjusted memory size used by video card. 7. ran complex diagnostics on system 8. all task not required by computer to operate turned off. 9. optimize everything including registry. I did a lot more but no good. I then reloaded versions starting with 4.0 a: 4.0, passed b: 4.4, passed c: 4.5, FAILED in the same way!!!!! d: 5.01 Failed. I have alot of "high-end" simulations running on this PC and have no problems with them. I am at a loss for explanation.

(in reply to James P)
Post #: 3
- 6/17/2001 7:02:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Are you guys using SB Live?

(in reply to James P)
Post #: 4
- 6/17/2001 8:56:00 AM   
slammer

Paul I am using an Aureal vortex2 pci sound card. It does support Sound blaster emulation but I have tried disabling it but to no avail. I have tried driver up/down grades and disabling/enabling different graphic, video and system parameters. I have recently contacted " Tankhead" about this problem. His system is similar to mine and he is not having a problem. He suggested a graphic driver change. I made the change but same results. I plan to get back to him and see if he has any more ideas. This really has me baffled as I have many high-end sims that work fine. Obviously I have something here that spwaw doesn't like. Perhaps its just the units under my command trying to escape certain disaster! :p

(in reply to James P)
Post #: 5
- 6/18/2001 12:33:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

I see you said that before - sorry - just going back over some things and thought I'd ask...

(in reply to James P)
Post #: 6
- 6/18/2001 6:27:00 AM   
slammer

No problem Paul. With everything thats going on at Matrix my head would have exploded by now. I played around with switch between directX 8.0 and 7.0 but same crash. However one thing I did miss before. This may be unrelated but when lets say a tank fires, there is a delay in the completion of the sound. Its almost like if you had the sound of the tank firing on tape. You start the tape hearing the tank fire, pause the tape for a few milliseconds then let the tape finish. Boom delay boom. Versions 4.0 and 4.4 work fine by the way. Very wierd. :eek:

(in reply to James P)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Nooooooo!!!!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI