Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Windows SPMBT!!!!!!!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: Windows SPMBT!!!!!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Windows SPMBT!!!!!!!!! - 6/24/2005 4:39:26 PM   
Terminus

As for reversing, just hit "8" and the vehicle backs up one hex. Costs three times the normal movement points, but it's worth it if it keeps the enemy from destroying your vehicle.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to DoubleDeuce)
Post #: 31
RE: Windows SPMBT!!!!!!!!! - 6/25/2005 6:26:00 PM   
Alby

No one else having sounds cut in and out or not playing at all??

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 32
RE: Windows SPMBT!!!!!!!!! - 6/25/2005 6:42:15 PM   
JimPY

Alby, I have had this problem since the game was released. I tried a fix of setting the shortcut and .exe files to compatibility for Win98/ME. This cured about 80% of the missing or delayed sounds. It makes the game playable, but not as smooth as SPWAW. Check out the forum at Shrapnel Games. SPCAMO is working on it. They say that the problem is with some CODEC programs that were not written by Microsoft (whatever that means). I have a Realtek AC97 Audio system. I may try updating its CODEC files which I downloaded from their website. However, I do not have this problem with any other wargame that I play i.e. the rest of the Steel Panthers seriez. It must be due to the MP3 sound files versus wav in SPWAW.
If you have any solution would you please post it on the forum at Shrapnel Games. Thank you.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 33
RE: Windows SPMBT!!!!!!!!! - 6/25/2005 7:57:13 PM   
Alby

I have no problems with the sounds in SPWAW either...I tried changing out alot of the sounds in SPMBT with the spwaw ones...Tried the win 98 compatability, but this hasnt really helped.
Guess I will try the codec thingy...

(in reply to JimPY)
Post #: 34
RE: Windows SPMBT!!!!!!!!! - 6/26/2005 2:34:37 AM   
rich12545

quote:

ORIGINAL: Double Deuce

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich12545

It will be interesting to see what winSPWW2 is like. I remember posting in the Depot last year that it could, if done well, make SPWAW obsolete. We'll see.

I don't know about obsolete. SPWAW has some features that cannot be replicated in SPMBT/SPWW2. When you dig into them, SPWAW and SPWW2 are very different games. I do think the biggest thing holding SPWW2 back from being at least equal to SPWAW was the DOS environmment.

I believe the features you're referring to are opp fire, melee and overrun. I think spww2 will have these but will be under computer control rather than human. Opp fire under computer control will be more realistic and less tedious imo. The other two I use rarely. In playing MBT I find the playability and graphics a bit better. Hard to explain why or what specifically but I know the maps can be made better. There will always be diehards in both camps and some will play both. We'll see what happens.

(in reply to DoubleDeuce)
Post #: 35
RE: Windows SPMBT!!!!!!!!! - 6/26/2005 3:30:37 AM   
DzrtFox

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild Bill
I hope to move some of my old SP3 campaigns into SPMBT, especially the Vietnam campaigns (Air Cav, Blackhorse, and Riverine).

This is very exciting to hear. Wild Bill I have enjoyed your scenarios in both Steel Panthers and Combat Mission as you have constantly sculpted awesome battles within the restraints of the respective engines and helped to keep two amazing wargames alive. I have not played the campaigns you are talking about (I am a late-bloomer to SP) but the thought of Vietnam era campaigns of your design definitely has me interested.

I hope it's kosher to discuss another SP version here, but I highly recommend everyone who hasn't downloaded it yet to give it a shot.

Long live Steel Panthers!!!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: Windows SPMBT!!!!!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI