Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What's up with the server?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> What's up with the server? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What's up with the server? - 7/19/2001 5:19:00 PM   
Lars Remmen

Hello, It would seem that I cannot download ANYTHING from the Matrix server. Is it down, are the files being moved or something else?

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin
Post #: 1
- 7/20/2001 12:08:00 AM   
Black_Watch

I've been having the same trouble downloading SPWAW patches. I've been trying since the beginning of July to no avail. I've tried anonymous, I've tried my Matrix Message Board registration. Nothing. :confused:

(in reply to Lars Remmen)
Post #: 2
- 7/24/2001 7:02:00 PM   
Patris

I think to have the same problem, I've tried to download from Matrix Site but received the message: "User anonymous cannot log in." I'm a registered member and I've never received this message before. I can download the same files from the other sources, but for the version 6.1 of SPWAW there is only the Matrix Site. I'm missing something? I've been far from my PC for almost a month and I don't know if there is some new procedure...

Post #: 3
- 7/24/2001 11:53:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

We have had some DNS server changes that seem to be taking a while to propagate to some folks DNS server. It works (per the test I just did) and should for everybody inthenext day or so

Post #: 4
- 8/2/2001 6:59:00 AM   
jager fury

i have tried to download wir and no result. the typical error message, cannot find page try detecting settings, blah, blah, blah. i want my free game dam it! really though, the administrator is sayin no problem. everything is working fine. well, that is not exactly true. i've tried from my work comp and my lap-top at home. :confused:

Post #: 5
- 8/2/2001 8:14:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Well what exactly are you doing? I use Internet explorer and that works fine...if you are not, it could be any number of things. One is we don't support annonymous ftp. You have to go through the web page. Your security mode may not allow http redirection. OR may not like active server pages (.asp) Do you have a firewall at work that may bloc ASP content? Does your laptop have similar software? THere are lots of reasons that have nothing to do with the server that can prevent you from downloading.

Post #: 6
- 8/2/2001 9:36:00 AM   
sinner

Maybe you want to try using Netscape 4.77 or Mozilla 0.92 and do this: on the link do a "right clik" with your mouse and select "save link as", select your folder (My Documents?) and do OK. Easy and works all the time. Salut

Sinner from the Prairy<br />"Thalassa! Thalassa!"

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> What's up with the server? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI