Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/3/2005 9:25:01 PM   
John B

I've had a couple of similar sightings of a graphic trying to appear - to me it looked like two women in bathing costumes, though that may just be a product of my lurid imagination. It doesn't fully materialise, and I'm not sure that its linked to the MFC problem. The problem with detailed combat crashing is to me the major one, though I've no doubt that the team will crack it. For the moment I'm occupied enough figuring out the game mechanics with the manual and the Ralegh guides.

(in reply to Rowly)
Post #: 31
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/3/2005 9:57:01 PM   
Montbrun

I've crashed during Detailed Combat with the "plato MFC" error over a dozen times now. I can't get past Jan. 1806.

I'm now really pissed, and feel that I've wasted $50.00 on something I can't play....

(in reply to John B)
Post #: 32
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/3/2005 10:47:06 PM   
Reiryc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad Hunter

I've crashed during Detailed Combat with the "plato MFC" error over a dozen times now. I can't get past Jan. 1806.

I'm now really pissed, and feel that I've wasted $50.00 on something I can't play....

Use the quick battles for now. That's what I'm doing.

You can play and get through a whole game that way just fine. So no waste of 50 bucks.

(in reply to Montbrun)
Post #: 33
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/3/2005 11:44:41 PM   
Montbrun

Austria just Surrendered, and got another "plato MFC" error. It wasn't during a Detailed Battle. "Quick Battle" losses are huge. I like to use the Detailed Battle option. Besides, I shouldn't have to use the Quick Battle Option.

I find it very frustrating that this hasn't come up during testing...

(in reply to Reiryc)
Post #: 34
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/4/2005 1:11:38 AM   
John B

Might be interesting to hear from anybody who has played a fair amount and NOT had the Plato MFC error, with details of their system. It might help to pinpoint the problem, I've installed a copy of the game from my back-up CD to my laptop PC (Integrated Extreme graphics) and unlike with my desktop (Nvidia) on very limited play haven't had the crash yet. Get fairly washed-out colour, though.

< Message edited by John B -- 7/4/2005 1:12:21 AM >

(in reply to Montbrun)
Post #: 35
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/4/2005 3:31:21 AM   
jchastain

I have been playing nearly non-stop since release and have only had this happen once. And my system is not at all remarkable - P4 3Ghz w/ Radeon 9700 Pro.

(in reply to John B)
Post #: 36
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/4/2005 4:34:00 AM   
YohanTM2

That fixed it! Thank you sir.

quote:

ORIGINAL: jchastain

Yohan -
That looks like my screen did. You might want to check the DPI setting (See the thread regarding graphics error on p700 under XP).

I also received the MFC error discussed during the start of the decond day of a detailed battle. I run a Radeon 9700 Pro (another ATI card).

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 37
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/4/2005 4:40:12 AM   
ASHBERY76

Also had a Plato MFC error on detailed combat using ATI-X800pro Card.

(in reply to YohanTM2)
Post #: 38
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/4/2005 10:23:01 PM   
Hard Sarge

I got the same error, 3 times in a row on the same battle, Plato MFC App has caused an error that needs to be shut down !

(quick battles are fine, when they are small, not a good idea in a major battle)

83 K Russia vs 96 K French, which the AI reinforces the battle (and Prussia just surrendered !!!!)

I got a Nvida 6800 GTO

HARD_Sarge

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 39
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/4/2005 11:09:58 PM   
Hard Sarge

was able to make it though the turn with all quick battles

HARD_Sarge

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 40
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/5/2005 7:47:32 AM   
Reiryc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

was able to make it though the turn with all quick battles

HARD_Sarge

That's the way I am playing all my games until they are able to resolve this problem. Too many times have I beaten the AI only to have the game go to error before the battle is over, leaving me having to replay the entire series of battles for a turn. ugh...

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 41
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/5/2005 8:10:19 AM   
benpark

I'm getting the Plato error as well, but only when I quit.

"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey

(in reply to Reiryc)
Post #: 42
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/5/2005 4:28:45 PM   
Erik Rutins

We are looking into these issues for the first patch. The more detail you post, the better a chance we have of resolving them.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to benpark)
Post #: 43
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/5/2005 6:15:19 PM   
jchastain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
We are looking into these issues for the first patch. The more detail you post, the better a chance we have of resolving them.

I really think a save game feature during detailed battles, in addition to being a popular enhancement anyway, will help us with these issues as we'll be much more likely to have a save that can reproduce these problems.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 44
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/5/2005 10:04:09 PM   
frodon

I second that. The tactical battles takes a lot of time, and a save option would be great.

Fought 3 tactical battles so far (France against Austria/Russia). 2 of them crashed with the Plato MFC error during the second day of the battle.

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 45
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/6/2005 12:27:37 AM   
Braindeadjedi

Every time I exit from the game, I get the Plato error. Just yesterday I starting locking up and getting the error when the game tried to switch from detailed combat back to the main part of the game. This has only occurred when the battle resulted in both sides routing. The battle winds down and I get the final result message, and then it coughs up a hairball trying to switch back to the main map.

I'm running a P4/3 GHz with HT and the integrated Intel Extreme Graphics and 1 Gb of memory. I hope this isn't due to a weak computer! I've attached a dxdiag report with full details on my system.

Attachment (1)

On the road of life there are drivers and passengers. Try not to be a pothole, ok?

(in reply to frodon)
Post #: 46
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/6/2005 12:37:30 AM   
HobbesACW

Just got the PLATO MFC error when I went into review trade.

(in reply to Braindeadjedi)
Post #: 47
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/6/2005 6:14:20 PM   
goodwoodrw

I got a Plato MFC error 40 minutes into a tact battle
Athalon xp1500
512ram
nvidia gf mx400 v\card

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to Rowly)
Post #: 48
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/6/2005 10:51:12 PM   
Hard Sarge

I went and updated my drivers

been useing the forceware drivers for the Gforce cards

got the laster driver and have not had a crash in two days

of course, I have only been fighting out the major battles

HARD_Sarge

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 49
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/7/2005 6:30:30 AM   
Braindeadjedi

[Update] I can now say with confidence that returning to the main menu before exiting seems to have taken care of the error that popped up on exit. I've not yet had a repeat of both sides routing at the same time in the detailed battle, so I don't know if that's still a problem for me.

(in reply to Braindeadjedi)
Post #: 50
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/7/2005 7:12:15 AM   
goodwoodrw

quote:

HARD_Sarge

new drivers sounds good, went to the Nvidia site couldn't find a D\L for Geforce2 mx400, the only D\L I could find was a combined D/L of 20 megs or so, can't be stuffed only have a dail up. Searched the net for a site, got sick of wading through the adds having to join a membership just to D\L. don't ya just love this industry, any clues to where I can just D\L a driver upgrade

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 51
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/7/2005 3:47:53 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: BASB

quote:

HARD_Sarge

new drivers sounds good, went to the Nvidia site couldn't find a D\L for Geforce2 mx400, the only D\L I could find was a combined D/L of 20 megs or so, can't be stuffed only have a dail up. Searched the net for a site, got sick of wading through the adds having to join a membership just to D\L. don't ya just love this industry, any clues to where I can just D\L a driver upgrade

Sorry, but for latest drivers you will be stuck with the Detonator combo pack. That´s the way NVIDIA distributes them.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 52
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/7/2005 6:49:43 PM   
godochaos

Hi, I had frequent MDC errors in detailed combat. I was using NVIDIA older Omega drivers and I went and downloaded the latest stock NVIDIA drivers. Since I updated the drivers I have gone through about 2 hours of detailed battles with no crashes so far.

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 53
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/7/2005 7:09:47 PM   
Reiryc

I downloaded the latest nvidia drivers, removed my current drivers, installed the new ones. I have 96dpi as my setting.

Still getting the mfc error during detailed combat. It doesn't happen in every detailed combat, but I'd say 1 out of every 4-5 times which is about the same rate as before. It seems to happen more often with the larger field forces in excess of 80k combined troops from both sides.

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 54
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/8/2005 6:43:54 PM   
Mr. Z

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reiryc

I downloaded the latest nvidia drivers, removed my current drivers, installed the new ones. I have 96dpi as my setting.

Still getting the mfc error during detailed combat. It doesn't happen in every detailed combat, but I'd say 1 out of every 4-5 times which is about the same rate as before. It seems to happen more often with the larger field forces in excess of 80k combined troops from both sides.

Someone on another thread suggested defragging your hard drive. Couldn't hurt, I suppose?

(in reply to Reiryc)
Post #: 55
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/8/2005 10:32:41 PM   
Reiryc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Z

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reiryc

Someone on another thread suggested defragging your hard drive. Couldn't hurt, I suppose?

I'll give that a go and report back what happens.

(in reply to Mr. Z)
Post #: 56
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/10/2005 7:42:36 PM   
Reiryc

Ok ran the defrag and I'm still getting the mfc error crashes. Although they don't happen as frequently now.

(in reply to Reiryc)
Post #: 57
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/11/2005 6:28:02 PM   
9thlegere

MFC Plato error has happened when I exit game and during tactical battle second day.

I am very annoyed at this. don't think I should have to auto play or wait for a patch.

Athlon 2600, ATI 9800, 1GB Ram, Soundblaster live.

(in reply to John B)
Post #: 58
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/11/2005 6:31:32 PM   
Reiryc

quote:

ORIGINAL: 9thlegere

MFC Plato error has happened when I exit game and during tactical battle second day.

I am very annoyed at this. don't think I should have to auto play or wait for a patch.

Athlon 2600, ATI 9800, 1GB Ram, Soundblaster live.

Have you tried the 2 things that have reduced the crashes a bit for some? If not, make sure you have the latest video driver (remove your current before installing the new after you download it) and defrag you hard drive.

This may not solve it completely, but it can reduce the error. I was having to only play quick battles because of crashing every 2-3 battles, but now I can play about 9-10 before I get the error since updating and defraging.

(in reply to 9thlegere)
Post #: 59
RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error - 7/11/2005 11:28:22 PM   
9thlegere

Yeah, I tried the two things, my DPI was already at 96. I was on very new drivers 5.4 cat, just downloaded 5.6 so will give a try but to be honest I don't see that making a difference.

I am a surprised that this never came up in testing at all.........

(in reply to John B)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> RE: Display Error/Plato MFC error Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI