Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval Bugs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Naval Bugs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval Bugs - 7/7/2005 6:11:29 PM   
Naomi

I came across two bugs about naval forces.

1. I played Britain and forced France into surrender and after a period France was free from any enforced peace provision. It violated my territory by sending a heavy ship to Amerstam (no clue why it made this move). A pop-up asked me what to react to it, and I sent an ultimatum. France was back to war with me. However, its heavy ship was still in the port and I had no way to drive it away.

2. Same scenario. While I was conquering Batavia, the Dutch fleet under France ran out of the blockaded Amerstam and retreated to Hanover (that France conquered) after defeat. The naval force (of only 1 squadron) kept hiding there even when Hanover came back to my control and France was my enemy again.

In both cases, I had guarrisions in the provinces.
Post #: 1
RE: Naval Bugs - 7/8/2005 9:53:26 PM   
Mr. Z

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naomi

I came across two bugs about naval forces.

1. I played Britain and forced France into surrender and after a period France was free from any enforced peace provision. It violated my territory by sending a heavy ship to Amerstam (no clue why it made this move). A pop-up asked me what to react to it, and I sent an ultimatum. France was back to war with me. However, its heavy ship was still in the port and I had no way to drive it away.

2. Same scenario. While I was conquering Batavia, the Dutch fleet under France ran out of the blockaded Amerstam and retreated to Hanover (that France conquered) after defeat. The naval force (of only 1 squadron) kept hiding there even when Hanover came back to my control and France was my enemy again.

In both cases, I had guarrisions in the provinces.

Hm, sounds like the AI isn't expelling naval units the same way it does land units?

(in reply to Naomi)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval Bugs - 7/14/2005 4:24:09 AM   
Naomi

Sure. Hope designers will be aware the naval part has some room for fixing.

(in reply to Mr. Z)
Post #: 3
RE: Naval Bugs - 7/21/2005 6:15:32 PM   
ian77

Naval units being stuck when provinces change hands happens upon capture and if province is part of a peace settlement.

(in reply to Naomi)
Post #: 4
RE: Naval Bugs - 7/21/2005 8:48:19 PM   
ericlaval32

I had the same problem when i played England and Spain surrender to me. I took a spanish province where a french fleet was in the port. I took the province normally, but the french fleet stay in my port (and that's impossible to me to kick them out of my port....).

Eric

(in reply to ian77)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Naval Bugs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI