Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do you attach a division commander to a certain division???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> How do you attach a division commander to a certain division??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do you attach a division commander to a certain div... - 7/11/2005 4:56:58 AM   
Tanaka

looked for this but couldnt find it....

Post #: 1
RE: How do you attach a division commander to a certain... - 7/11/2005 5:06:14 AM   
goodwoodrw

In Tactical battles u can re-assign generals when an active unit has a general, to transfer place cursor over the unit u what to transfer him to and press "G" general transfered

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 2
RE: How do you attach a division commander to a certain... - 7/11/2005 5:14:11 AM   
YohanTM2

I don't believe you can attach divsion commanders, just Corp/Army. To attach these just click on the leader and then the corp or army HQ you want to assign him too. (This is in the tutorial)

I am not talking about battles like BASB is, just the main screen.

< Message edited by Yohan -- 7/11/2005 5:15:08 AM >

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 3
RE: How do you attach a division commander to a certain... - 7/11/2005 5:22:53 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yohan

I don't believe you can attach divsion commanders, just Corp/Army. To attach these just click on the leader and then the corp or army HQ you want to assign him too. (This is in the tutorial)

I am not talking about battles like BASB is, just the main screen.

From the manual:

* Division Commander – This leader can command divisions
directly but the influence of his command does not extend
to other divisions.

(in reply to YohanTM2)
Post #: 4
RE: How do you attach a division commander to a certain... - 7/11/2005 5:25:01 AM   
YohanTM2

Ah, OK, so you are talking about battles?

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 5
RE: How do you attach a division commander to a certain... - 7/11/2005 5:26:18 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yohan

Ah, OK, so you are talking about battles?

yep but you can attach division commander to armies/corps as well...

i think they are automatically assigned to a division and then during the battle you can move them around...

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 7/11/2005 5:28:25 AM >

(in reply to YohanTM2)
Post #: 6
RE: How do you attach a division commander to a certain... - 7/11/2005 4:25:12 PM   
Mr. Z

I believe the way it currently works is, you attach the division commander to an army or corps. He is then randomly assigned to a specific division in the army or corps during battle (and in detailed battle, you can move him around.)

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 7
RE: How do you attach a division commander to a certain... - 7/28/2005 3:08:04 PM   
ArnaudB

The commander is assigned randomly, so you end up having a cavalry leader leading your militia.
There is one issue, there, often happened to me playing France in the 1796 scenario. The Italy army south has as many commanders as divison.In Battle you can't move them around, a commander must go to a division without commander.

(in reply to Mr. Z)
Post #: 8
RE: How do you attach a division commander to a certain... - 7/28/2005 4:03:04 PM   
ian77

quote:

ORIGINAL: ArnaudB

The commander is assigned randomly, so you end up having a cavalry leader leading your militia.
There is one issue, there, often happened to me playing France in the 1796 scenario. The Italy army south has as many commanders as divison.In Battle you can't move them around, a commander must go to a division without commander.

If this happens you can assign a leader to a supply unit, creating a space for leader juggling!

(in reply to ArnaudB)
Post #: 9
RE: How do you attach a division commander to a certain... - 7/28/2005 5:10:46 PM   
carnifex

Or the very first turn you can send all but two commanders to Paris to await new commands.

(in reply to ian77)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> How do you attach a division commander to a certain division??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI