How do you attach a division commander to a certain division??? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

Tanaka -> How do you attach a division commander to a certain division??? (7/11/2005 4:56:58 AM)

looked for this but couldnt find it....

goodwoodrw -> RE: How do you attach a division commander to a certain division??? (7/11/2005 5:06:14 AM)

In Tactical battles u can re-assign generals when an active unit has a general, to transfer place cursor over the unit u what to transfer him to and press "G" general transfered

YohanTM2 -> RE: How do you attach a division commander to a certain division??? (7/11/2005 5:14:11 AM)

I don't believe you can attach divsion commanders, just Corp/Army. To attach these just click on the leader and then the corp or army HQ you want to assign him too. (This is in the tutorial)

I am not talking about battles like BASB is, just the main screen.

Tanaka -> RE: How do you attach a division commander to a certain division??? (7/11/2005 5:22:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yohan

I don't believe you can attach divsion commanders, just Corp/Army. To attach these just click on the leader and then the corp or army HQ you want to assign him too. (This is in the tutorial)

I am not talking about battles like BASB is, just the main screen.

From the manual:

* Division Commander – This leader can command divisions
directly but the influence of his command does not extend
to other divisions.

YohanTM2 -> RE: How do you attach a division commander to a certain division??? (7/11/2005 5:25:01 AM)

Ah, OK, so you are talking about battles?

Tanaka -> RE: How do you attach a division commander to a certain division??? (7/11/2005 5:26:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yohan

Ah, OK, so you are talking about battles?

yep but you can attach division commander to armies/corps as well...

i think they are automatically assigned to a division and then during the battle you can move them around...

Mr. Z -> RE: How do you attach a division commander to a certain division??? (7/11/2005 4:25:12 PM)

I believe the way it currently works is, you attach the division commander to an army or corps. He is then randomly assigned to a specific division in the army or corps during battle (and in detailed battle, you can move him around.)

ArnaudB -> RE: How do you attach a division commander to a certain division??? (7/28/2005 3:08:04 PM)

The commander is assigned randomly, so you end up having a cavalry leader leading your militia.
There is one issue, there, often happened to me playing France in the 1796 scenario. The Italy army south has as many commanders as divison.In Battle you can't move them around, a commander must go to a division without commander.

ian77 -> RE: How do you attach a division commander to a certain division??? (7/28/2005 4:03:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ArnaudB

The commander is assigned randomly, so you end up having a cavalry leader leading your militia.
There is one issue, there, often happened to me playing France in the 1796 scenario. The Italy army south has as many commanders as divison.In Battle you can't move them around, a commander must go to a division without commander.

If this happens you can assign a leader to a supply unit, creating a space for leader juggling![:)]

carnifex -> RE: How do you attach a division commander to a certain division??? (7/28/2005 5:10:46 PM)

Or the very first turn you can send all but two commanders to Paris to await new commands.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI