Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is this suppose to happen?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Is this suppose to happen? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is this suppose to happen? - 7/15/2005 2:02:14 PM   
goodwoodrw

I was playing the British when my entire 1st army vanished! I loaded the 1st army onto transport at London and with intentions of sending it to Hanover. I placed a depot in all the sea zones as well as Hanover. The fleet stop in the sea zone adjacent to Hanover on the first turn. I moved into Hanover the second turn. I went unload the 1st army on the next turn, but no army on the ships> I checked london to see if it had unloaded there nope, I checked with the Mil Advisor screen 1st army had vanished without trace. Any ideas?

Formerly Goodwood

Post #: 1
RE: Is this suppose to happen? - 7/15/2005 4:44:04 PM   
grudge

This happened with a diplomat and a fleet too. They just vanished! I got them back when I moved through all my units using the '+' and '-' keys. They were there, but not displayed on the map!

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 2
RE: Is this suppose to happen? - 7/15/2005 5:14:57 PM   
carnifex

did the army have any subordinate units attached or were you moving an empty container unit?

i know there is a bug where a corps or army will vanish sometimes if you if it's empty and you move it

(in reply to grudge)
Post #: 3
RE: Is this suppose to happen? - 7/15/2005 5:49:04 PM   
goodwoodrw

Early in the game no corps army only

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to carnifex)
Post #: 4
RE: Is this suppose to happen? - 7/16/2005 6:26:57 AM   
Ralegh

If this is reproducable, please send me the save game.

HTH
Steve/Ralegh

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 5
RE: Is this suppose to happen? - 7/16/2005 6:19:06 PM   
ericbabe

quote:

ORIGINAL: carnifex

did the army have any subordinate units attached or were you moving an empty container unit?

i know there is a bug where a corps or army will vanish sometimes if you if it's empty and you move it

Empty corps/armies in enemy territory are supposed to be destroyed. But should be OK in friendly territory. Are you seeing their destruction in friendly territory?

Thanks,
Eric

(in reply to carnifex)
Post #: 6
RE: Is this suppose to happen? - 7/17/2005 10:41:57 AM   
goodwoodrw

G'day, no Ralegh I have not been able to reproduce, and Eric it was was an army that was apart of the scenario setup, that I moved on the first or second turn

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 7
RE: Is this suppose to happen? - 7/18/2005 1:09:44 AM   
Ron

Don't know if this is applicable but I just had a vanishing Corps instance as well. I was fighting a detailed battle and had called on an adjacent Corps in for reinforcements. After finishing the battle I realized said Corps and accompanying General were 'missing', I first thought it had been destroyed but it had been a medium sized battle and I hadn't taken that many casualties and was victorious. I went to the Military screen but it wasn't listed there either. I play without Compact Stacks and on a whim I went to the options and reenabled them. To my suprise the missing Corps was back with its General and even after disabling Compact Stacks the Corps remained.

Ron

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 8
RE: Is this suppose to happen? - 7/18/2005 2:06:21 AM   
Ralegh

Thanks for that Ron - an interesting bug, and you found the workaround! I can't figure out what causes this to happen, or get it to reproduce at the moment, although I have seen it too.

BASB, if Ron's workaround doesn't help. I am stumped - I haven't seen what you describe.

Lets all keep our eyes out for these and try to reproduce them so we can can give enough of a description for Eric to be able to fix it.

HTH
Steve/Ralegh

(in reply to Ron)
Post #: 9
RE: Is this suppose to happen? - 7/19/2005 7:56:59 AM   
Joram

I wish I kept the game where this happened to me except it was a fleet. I was moving ships into the fleet, then immediately moved the fleet to see all in one turn. The ships moved into it alright then the whole damn fleet disappeared, lol!

I noticed it was on my army list however but couldn't figure out a way to make it appear. Eventually just reloaded the autosave and didn't make that move I had planned.

(in reply to Ralegh)
Post #: 10
RE: Is this suppose to happen? - 7/19/2005 10:46:49 AM   
Naomi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joram

I wish I kept the game where this happened to me except it was a fleet. I was moving ships into the fleet, then immediately moved the fleet to see all in one turn. The ships moved into it alright then the whole damn fleet disappeared, lol!

I noticed it was on my army list however but couldn't figure out a way to make it appear. Eventually just reloaded the autosave and didn't make that move I had planned.

I played Britain a lot and witnessed so many "funny" phenomena (I have to give this adjective to make me feel sort of comfortable after rushing to buy the game).

*Having captured a port, the enemy ships there were stoned and didn't make any move.
*Enemy ships stayed in my port like their homes, and I had to send my ships there to fight them (after trying many ways to show them the door).
*I ordered fleets to do a blockade and they were still in the open.
*I tried to unload an individual unit but the whole pack of passengers land ashore.

I hope I won't hit upon more such funny instances to convince me that the developers were somehow sea sick.

(in reply to Joram)
Post #: 11
RE: Is this suppose to happen? - 7/19/2005 5:36:36 PM   
Mr. Z

quote:

*Having captured a port, the enemy ships there were stoned and didn't make any move.
*Enemy ships stayed in my port like their homes, and I had to send my ships there to fight them (after trying many ways to show them the door).

Known (suspected) bug--AI is not expelling ship units from ports properly.

quote:

*I ordered fleets to do a blockade and they were still in the open.

Are you saying you don't even want the option of ordering a blockade to a ship in an open sea zone?

quote:

*I tried to unload an individual unit but the whole pack of passengers land ashore.

If you could give us a screenshot--first of the control box as you select the single unit, then of the map after you land them all--that would be great, thanks.

(in reply to Naomi)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Is this suppose to happen? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI