Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 7/12/2005 5:53:20 PM   
Freedom205

Dumb question guys, I havnt played SpWaW for quite awhile, but am thinking of playing a bit more. Would my old Mega campaigns work fine?
Post #: 1
RE: Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 7/12/2005 6:15:56 PM   
Terminus

Desert Fox and Screaming Eagles work just fine for me after I updated to 8.4. I say go for it!

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Freedom205)
Post #: 2
RE: Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 7/14/2005 4:50:31 AM   
Beetlecat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Hall

Dumb question guys, I havnt played SpWaW for quite awhile, but am thinking of playing a bit more. Would my old Mega campaigns work fine?

I've posted an issue I had with my MC's crashing when turning on Command & Control, but it's being looked at at the moment. I'm curious if anyone else can replicate that behavior.

Before you patch to 8.4, make a copy of your SPW@W folder as a backup (it's easier than re-installing...) :)

Otherwise, if you don't use Command & Control, patch away! :)

(in reply to Freedom205)
Post #: 3
RE: Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 7/14/2005 7:32:11 PM   
johnhulten

I've had the same problemwith crashes in MC using 8.4 with CC on. Glad they are looking into it.

(in reply to Beetlecat)
Post #: 4
RE: Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 7/14/2005 11:54:55 PM   
slyone

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beetlecat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Hall

I've posted an issue I had with my MC's crashing when turning on Command & Control, but it's being looked at at the moment. I'm curious if anyone else can replicate that behavior.

Before you patch to 8.4, make a copy of your SPW@W folder as a backup (it's easier than re-installing...) :)

Otherwise, if you don't use Command & Control, patch away! :)

I'm having the same problem with Command & Control on.

Panzerschütze Altmann
Panzer 623
Pz.Abt. II
1. Panzer Regiment

(in reply to Beetlecat)
Post #: 5
RE: Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 7/24/2005 12:20:38 PM   
Procrustes

I get a crash-to-desktop every time I try to use the MC's with C&C now that I have installed 8.4. Works great if I turn off C&C, crashes if I don't. I'm about to delete and start over.

Does'nt seems like there is much to "look into" - hope this can be fixed relatively soon.

Best,

(in reply to slyone)
Post #: 6
RE: Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 7/24/2005 3:22:43 PM   
johnhulten

Concerning the problem of the crash to desktop using 8.4, Mega Campaigns and Command Control, to remedy the problem is it possible to continue a Mega Campaign in progress by reinstalling SPWAW Generals Edition 8.3, and then copying the save game folder from the 8.4 version to the 8.3 version?

(in reply to Procrustes)
Post #: 7
RE: Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 7/25/2005 8:26:14 AM   
Wild Bill

I have not tried it, but I don't think it should be a problem, John.

WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to johnhulten)
Post #: 8
RE: Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 7/25/2005 9:17:25 PM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Procrustes

I get a crash-to-desktop every time I try to use the MC's with C&C now that I have installed 8.4. Works great if I turn off C&C, crashes if I don't. I'm about to delete and start over.

Does'nt seems like there is much to "look into" - hope this can be fixed relatively soon.

Best,

I imagine.."look into" means....try to find out what could possibly cause this to happen...
then fix it.

(in reply to Procrustes)
Post #: 9
RE: Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 7/27/2005 5:40:09 AM   
Procrustes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alby

quote:

Best,

I imagine.."look into" means....try to find out what could possibly cause this to happen...
then fix it.

What I'm suggesting is that this appears to be a universal problem that should be acknowledged, not seqestered on a back forum page. I mean, perhaps I'm mistaken but I got the impression that no-one has found that C&C still works with v8.4, right? Why not take the patch off-line, or at least put a big warning on the download page that it causes trouble with C&C? C&C is a major component of the game - we're encouraged to use it and those of us that do find that it changes the game considerably. It was quite a bummer to find it broken - I'd much rather have C&C than the other things the patch was purported to fix.

Best,

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 10
RE: Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 7/27/2005 12:25:55 PM   
slyone

quote:

quote:

quote:

Best,

then fix it.

What I'm suggesting is that this appears to be a universal problem that should be acknowledged, not seqestered on a back forum page. I mean, perhaps I'm mistaken but I got the impression that no-one has found that C&C still works with v8.4, right? Why not take the patch off-line, or at least put a big warning on the download page that it causes trouble with C&C? C&C is a major component of the game - we're encouraged to use it and those of us that do find that it changes the game considerably. It was quite a bummer to find it broken - I'd much rather have C&C than the other things the patch was purported to fix.

Best,

I completely agree!

Panzerschütze Altmann
Panzer 623
Pz.Abt. II
1. Panzer Regiment

(in reply to Procrustes)
Post #: 11
RE: Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 7/28/2005 1:30:34 AM   
Alby

well since Mike Wood did nothing to the Mega Campaigns in the 8.4 patch. he was unaware anything was wrong.

He said he is addressing the issue...
Im sure it will be corrected in next patch.

(in reply to slyone)
Post #: 12
RE: Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 7/28/2005 5:44:43 AM   
Procrustes

quote:

well since Mike Wood did nothing to the Mega Campaigns in the 8.4 patch. he was unaware anything was wrong.

He said he is addressing the issue...
Im sure it will be corrected in next patch.

The mech.exe was modified, and the mech.exe runs the megacampagns . I'm stunned that no one thought to run a megacamp scenario with the patch before releasing it, but everyone makes mistakes. I'm (kinda) sure it will be fixed in the next patch, too - but given the way things work I'm just not so sure that we will see it anytime soon. I'm still assuming that this problem is pretty universal, since no one has come forward to say that C&C still works after the patch - am I right? If so, it seems reasonable to suggest that in the meantime either the patch is taken down or a big flag warning people about this bug is posted with it.

I'm glad this isn't a problem for you, Alby - but I feel like you are "poo-pooing" the problem for those of us that happen to like C&C and who spend more time playing the MC's than the other parts of the game. To me this was a really big deal - I'm working out-of-town, stuck in a hotel nights and now my game is dead until I can get back home and re-install it. Thank god for Medieval Total War!

Best wishes,

Procrustes

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 13
RE: Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 7/28/2005 10:36:38 PM   
Alby

Not poo pooing at all...I'm just stating that nothing really can be done by me or anyone except for Mike Wood.
ActuaLLY , probably only Erik Rutins or Alex Fiedler, can actually post a warning, have you contacted them?
there may be others, but those are the ones I know of.
Can you not have someone emaoil you the 8.3 mech.exe??
that way you could still play the game.
A mistake looks like it has been made, but asking who or why doesnt help get the patch out.
As far as my testing has showed...this only happens in the mega campaigns...c and c works in regular battles....am I correct?

< Message edited by Alby -- 7/28/2005 10:52:59 PM >

(in reply to Procrustes)
Post #: 14
RE: Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 7/29/2005 6:54:54 AM   
Procrustes

Hi Alby,

Actually, I never asked "who or why" - I really don't care and I don't know anyone at Matrix etc. You were the one who has been dropping names. What I asked was whether the problem w/ C&C and the MC's was universal or not - I get the impression it is. What I suggested is that if it is universal that someone at Matrix would have acknowledged this publicly. Whether they do or not now is irrelevant to me, since I already got "bit by the bug". SPWAW is a free game - Matrix only makes money of the MC's. Therefore it would seem prudent to protect their interests by stopping other folks from ending up like I did.

C'est la vie. I've said my piece, I'll go back to lurking now. Best to everyone,

P.

(Sorry - forgot to answer your last question. Yes, C&C still works for me with the regular scenarios - I just don't like to play them. Most were designed to be played w/ C&C off - and they really suck when you try to turn it on. Also, I've played them out - I'd rather keep going with my different MC's when I can. I have the option of playing a different game in the meantime.)

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 15
RE: Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 7/29/2005 5:50:53 PM   
slyone

quote:

Not poo pooing at all...I'm just stating that nothing really can be done by me or anyone except for Mike Wood.
ActuaLLY , probably only Erik Rutins or Alex Fiedler, can actually post a warning, have you contacted them?
there may be others, but those are the ones I know of.
Can you not have someone emaoil you the 8.3 mech.exe??
that way you could still play the game.
A mistake looks like it has been made, but asking who or why doesnt help get the patch out.
As far as my testing has showed...this only happens in the mega campaigns...c and c works in regular battles....am I correct?

Is actually replacing mech.exe with the one from v8.3 solving the problem?

Panzerschütze Altmann
Panzer 623
Pz.Abt. II
1. Panzer Regiment

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 16
RE: Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 7/30/2005 12:45:33 AM   
Alby

If they worked with the 8.3 mech then it should...I have not tried it tho....Not sure I stil have the 8.3 mech.

(in reply to slyone)
Post #: 17
RE: Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 7/30/2005 9:05:12 PM   
Alby

quote:

Hi Alby,

Actually, I never asked "who or why" - I really don't care and I don't know anyone at Matrix etc. You were the one who has been dropping names. What I asked was whether the problem w/ C&C and the MC's was universal or not - I get the impression it is. What I suggested is that if it is universal that someone at Matrix would have acknowledged this publicly. Whether they do or not now is irrelevant to me, since I already got "bit by the bug". SPWAW is a free game - Matrix only makes money of the MC's. Therefore it would seem prudent to protect their interests by stopping other folks from ending up like I did.

C'est la vie. I've said my piece, I'll go back to lurking now. Best to everyone,

P.

(Sorry - forgot to answer your last question. Yes, C&C still works for me with the regular scenarios - I just don't like to play them. Most were designed to be played w/ C&C off - and they really suck when you try to turn it on. Also, I've played them out - I'd rather keep going with my different MC's when I can. I have the option of playing a different game in the meantime.)

Erik and Alex are admins here at Matrix....people who would have the ability to post messages on download pages...

(in reply to Procrustes)
Post #: 18
RE: Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 8/1/2005 4:36:21 PM   
Procrustes

quote:

ORIGINAL: slyone
Is actually replacing mech.exe with the one from v8.3 solving the problem?

I'm not sure, but I think that re-installing the previous version might be safer than just copying the old mech.exe over - just so you don't end up with some new, odd OOB incompatability or something. Just a guess....

(in reply to slyone)
Post #: 19
RE: Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 8/2/2005 6:02:23 AM   
Alby

Nothing was chnaged in the oobs
you can put 8.3 mech back in until patch is released..no problem

(in reply to Procrustes)
Post #: 20
RE: Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 8/2/2005 5:15:53 PM   
Procrustes

quote:

Nothing was chnaged in the oobs
you can put 8.3 mech back in until patch is released..no problem

Thanks for the info!

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 21
RE: Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? - 8/9/2005 3:06:36 AM   
RUPD3658

Biggest change I have noticed in MCLV under 8.4 is that KV tanks can be destroyed much easier. It used to take 30-40 hits from 50mm at range 1 on a side/rear shot to disable a KV under 8.3. Now after 20-30 hits I am getting a kill! I even had one destroyed at range 2 by a side shot from a 20mm ACPR round.

Definitly makes the game easier.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

(in reply to Procrustes)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Do Mega Campaigns work with 8.4? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI