Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MC General edition patch req's?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> MC General edition patch req's? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MC General edition patch req's? - 8/20/2005 4:59:36 AM   
africanus

OK, I have a lot of hours invested in the lost victories campaign - but the briefing screen sound doesn't work properly. The question is, Does the General's edition (version 8.2) contain all the patches for the MC's? I have updated to version 8.4, Will adding the patches for the MC's mess up my current game?

Why would the patches for the MC's (that are years old now) not be included prior to selling the Generals edition? Do I have to find all the patches for the other MC's also?

I'm not complaining, I just want to enjoy all the features of the game and not lose the time I already have invested.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: MC General edition patch req's? - 8/20/2005 5:12:38 AM   
RUPD3658

I also bought the General's edition and had problem with the briefing menu sound files. I have patched up to 8.4 with no ill effects on game play, although the sound files still do not play during the briefing.

Basically, I would suggest just forgetting about the sound files and enjoying the game.

Just make sure to make back up copies of your save files in case of a crash.

See http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=898350 for how to do this.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

(in reply to africanus)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> MC General edition patch req's? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI