Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem Installing Game!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Legion Gold, Gates of Troy, Spartan & Chariots of War >> Tech Support >> Problem Installing Game! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem Installing Game! - 8/29/2005 12:58:28 AM   
SkyElf

The Game is Spartan! When I tried to install the game to a different folder than were the CD wanted to put it the game would not come up! I check and it installed the game to proper folder but the pointers were to run game were still to old folder to start game. I unstalled and tried again. When I let the installer go to the default folder every thing worked OK! Although I did install patch at the same time. System type is Windows XP.

Just letting people know what to do if they have same problem.

The location was Program File/Matrex Games/Spartan and default install is Program File/Slithering/Spartan I installed the game twice was not going to try again since it was working fine with the default location. :-)

< Message edited by SkyElf -- 8/31/2005 5:46:29 AM >

A True Gamer to the Core!
Post #: 1
RE: Problem Installing Game! - 8/29/2005 3:35:34 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: SkyElf
When I tried to install the game to a different folder than were the CD wanted to put it the game would not come up! I check and it installed the game to proper folder but the pointers were to run game were still to old folder to start game. I unstalled and tried again. When I let the installer go to the default folder every thing worked OK! Although I did install patch at the same time. System type is Windows XP.

Just letting people know what to do if they have same problem.

Which game is this, Gates of Troy or Spartan? What was the name of the setup file you used? Have you tried reinstalling to a non-default location without applying the patch and does that make any difference?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to SkyElf)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Legion Gold, Gates of Troy, Spartan & Chariots of War >> Tech Support >> Problem Installing Game! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI