Problem Installing Game! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Legion Gold, Gates of Troy, Spartan & Chariots of War >> Tech Support

SkyElf -> Problem Installing Game! (8/29/2005 12:58:28 AM)

The Game is Spartan! When I tried to install the game to a different folder than were the CD wanted to put it the game would not come up! I check and it installed the game to proper folder but the pointers were to run game were still to old folder to start game. I unstalled and tried again. When I let the installer go to the default folder every thing worked OK! Although I did install patch at the same time. System type is Windows XP.

Just letting people know what to do if they have same problem.

The location was Program File/Matrex Games/Spartan and default install is Program File/Slithering/Spartan I installed the game twice was not going to try again since it was working fine with the default location. :-)

Erik Rutins -> RE: Problem Installing Game! (8/29/2005 3:35:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SkyElf
When I tried to install the game to a different folder than were the CD wanted to put it the game would not come up! I check and it installed the game to proper folder but the pointers were to run game were still to old folder to start game. I unstalled and tried again. When I let the installer go to the default folder every thing worked OK! Although I did install patch at the same time. System type is Windows XP.

Just letting people know what to do if they have same problem.

Which game is this, Gates of Troy or Spartan? What was the name of the setup file you used? Have you tried reinstalling to a non-default location without applying the patch and does that make any difference?

Regards,

- Erik

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI