Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where to start?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Where to start? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where to start? - 9/26/2005 8:44:25 PM   
puck4604

Been a couple of weeks now since my copy arrived in the mail. Beautiful game and components (and the map halos don't bother me at all).

I have a lull in class work and have had time to begin reading the rules, and am anticiapting my first LNL:BOH game this weekend against my wife (who's a grognard at heart!).

A few immediate questions come to mind; I'll hold off on some of them until I finish reading the rules, but a few others are fair game I believe.

First, when checking on the DFT to see what damage has occurred if a defender has been hit, I compare the Damage Check against their morale to see how badly damaged they are, right?

Second, I want to run our first scenario without involving tanks, so which of the non-vehicular scenarios is the easiest?

That's it for now. Sorry I hadn't checked back in, but I needed time to be able to sit down and peruse the rules without having to worry about gender issues, the Crusades, or basic historiography reading interfering with learning how to play LNL:BOH.

Unless something really stumps us, I'll file an AAR after the weekend.
Post #: 1
RE: Where to start? - 9/26/2005 10:37:06 PM   
Rael

1st question Don't forget you also roll a 1d6 and add the dc total and
hope to roll under your current morale also if you have a leader in the hex
they check first and if they pass they can use their leadership value to aid the units in the hex.
ex 5 morale squad takes a 4dc rolls 1 on 1d6 for a total of 5 unit ok
ex 5 morale squad takes a 5dc rolls a 6 on 1d6 for a 11 total is greater than 2x morale squad is replaced with a shaken 1/2 squad
ex 6 morale squad takes a 3dc rolls a 4 on 1d6 for a 7 which is greater than morale but less than 2x squad is shaken

2nd Crabe posted "friend in need for BOH" scenario on this board which
would be a great 1st scenario also Carentan from BOH seems to be a
popular first choice but is pretty tough for the US

(in reply to puck4604)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Where to start? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI