Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Victory at Forbes Field

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Victory at Forbes Field Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Victory at Forbes Field - 10/7/2005 4:58:51 AM   
KG Erwin

Here's a sample screenshot from my 1946 real-player draft league. This is an example of how you can alter the game's look by importing old-time ballparks.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 10/7/2005 4:59:13 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: Victory at Forbes Field - 10/7/2005 5:09:20 AM   
KG Erwin

Here's a shot of some of the different logos that you can import. These are from my 1946 draft league.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
RE: Victory at Forbes Field - 10/7/2005 5:16:28 AM   
KG Erwin

Now, anyone who wants to recreate a real season with real players, ballparks, and cap logos, can do it. The cap logo mod is located here: http://files.simcentral.net/index/Detailed/3700.shtml

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Victory at Forbes Field - 10/7/2005 5:24:30 AM   
KG Erwin

Want another ballpark pic? Here's Ebbets Field:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 4
RE: Victory at Forbes Field - 10/7/2005 7:55:57 AM   
Steely Glint

You have a link to the stadium files?

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 5
RE: Victory at Forbes Field - 10/7/2005 4:36:29 PM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steely Glint

You have a link to the stadium files?

http://files.simcentral.net/index/Detailed/3691.shtml

(in reply to Steely Glint)
Post #: 6
RE: Victory at Forbes Field - 10/7/2005 6:35:47 PM   
Roxbury

How do I get these Ballparks to work for me? Where do I download these parks? I would assume to the PS 2005 folder. Is that correct?
Thanks

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 7
RE: Victory at Forbes Field - 10/7/2005 7:03:36 PM   
puresimmer

Well its a multi step process.

First of all the parks linked to in this thread are just photos, you can extract those anywhere. Then from the team's front office screen click the "Ball Park" menu item and then click "Modify Ball Park". From there click "Assign Park Photo" at that point you can browse to any ball park pic you have.

You are not done there though. You then have to re-map how PureSim will draw its ball flight graphics onto this new picture. Click the "Configure for PSPNCast" link and drag the graphics to the appropriate places.

Now what is cool is once you have done that you can use the "Export" option to create a single file that contains the park photo, dimensions and ball flight graphic definitions so that others could import it. Any PureSim fans out there game for maybe doing an organized creation of a number of PureSim .prk files so that others could benefit? It would be great if we had a place where folks could just download and import parks and be ready to go!

Any volunteers?

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to Roxbury)
Post #: 8
RE: Victory at Forbes Field - 10/7/2005 7:56:01 PM   
PadresFan104

I was most interested in having a Petco Park image for my gamecast screen, but I don't like anything other than real photos (Not a fan of the cartoon looking screens, or parks exported out of MVP, etc.), so I found this image (non-copyrighted I hope!) on the web and used it.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find a photo with the resolution great enough to avoid pixelation, but I'd be happy to share it with anyone who wants it...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 9
RE: Victory at Forbes Field - 10/7/2005 7:57:41 PM   
PadresFan104

Oh, and I have a decent MLB logo set if anyone wants that as well...

Al

Attachment (1)

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 10
RE: Victory at Forbes Field - 10/7/2005 9:20:39 PM   
Roxbury

Thanks Shaun that was very,very,easy. I really like this aspect of being able to put these parks into the game. It just continues to add that extra immersion feel. Keep up the good work, if there is a better developer who listens to his customers I would like to know who that would be. This game(Simulation) continues to amaze me. If you are a baseball fan and you do not have this sim go and get it. $29.99 I will say is simply a bargain. I still can't believe one person has created this!!!
Thanks again for your help. I will now go and put myself into my newly created fictional league as an 18 year old pitching phenom. I hope I can find a photo that does me justice.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 11
RE: Victory at Forbes Field - 10/8/2005 12:09:44 AM   
kmb

were do I put the facepack so they work I clicked on autoassign faces and put them in the main folder but nothing

(in reply to Roxbury)
Post #: 12
RE: Victory at Forbes Field - 10/8/2005 12:41:01 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

First of all the parks linked to in this thread are just photos, you can extract those anywhere. Then from the team's front office screen click the "Ball Park" menu item and then click "Modify Ball Park". From there click "Assign Park Photo" at that point you can browse to any ball park pic you have.

You are not done there though. You then have to re-map how PureSim will draw its ball flight graphics onto this new picture. Click the "Configure for PSPNCast" link and drag the graphics to the appropriate places.

Now what is cool is once you have done that you can use the "Export" option to create a single file that contains the park photo, dimensions and ball flight graphic definitions so that others could import it. Any PureSim fans out there game for maybe doing an organized creation of a number of PureSim .prk files so that others could benefit? It would be great if we had a place where folks could just download and import parks and be ready to go!

Any volunteers?

Shaun, the .prk files for all these old-time ballparks already exist. I just can't remember where I got them! BeachBoy's site, maybe?

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 13
RE: Victory at Forbes Field - 10/8/2005 12:43:47 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: kmb

were do I put the facepack so they work I clicked on autoassign faces and put them in the main folder but nothing

They go into the Pure Sim/mods/faces folder (if it doesn't already exist, you must create it).

(in reply to kmb)
Post #: 14
RE: Victory at Forbes Field - 10/8/2005 12:48:07 AM   
puresimmer

Make a folder in the PureSim 2005 Gold Edition folder called "Faces" Then under that folder make one called "Generic". Extract the faces there.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 15
RE: Victory at Forbes Field - 10/8/2005 2:13:41 AM   
HercMighty

My system will only assign 19 faces. Also it says everytime that I try and do the auto assign that the contents have changed and wants to rebuild the cache even though the contents have not.

Also where does the MLB pics go? And do you need to do anything to get them into the game?

Thanks

< Message edited by HercMighty -- 10/8/2005 2:28:39 AM >

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 16
RE: Victory at Forbes Field - 10/9/2005 11:14:08 PM   
pasternakski

I use the real ballpark images, as well.

I have two small requests. First, you notice that the catcher and home plate are behind the blue interface box when it is left in its default position. I would like to see all of these boxes reduced in size (particularly the scoreboard) so that we can arrange them conveniently for aesthetic viewing purposes (it would be nice if the scoreboard had a more "three dimensional" flavor so that we could place it in a location where it visually fits in with the stadium background). I have been playing with the blue interface box in the upper left corner, which helps a little. The team data and play options/auto complete/park info boxes are particularly obnoxious. I note that there is a lot of wasted space in these displays that could be reduced so that font sizes wouldn't have to be reduced or content removed.

Second, it would be nice if you could provide a set of figures for insert onto the screen (in much the same fashion as ball path destinations) so that we aren't playing games with invisible players and umpires. It would be nice to have runners and batters automatically inserted by the system as game conditions warrant, as well.

That said, I only add that this is my favorite computer game of all that I own. It runs smoothly, runs the way the designer intended, and presents a simulation that is accurate, fun, and retains a high level of interest. I really appreciate the excellence of this design and your commitment to the game system's integrity by adding improvements without screwing up what works excellently already. I am thoroughly tired of half-assed designs that are incomplete or poorly thought out when you buy them and only get worse with each succeeding patch. Those who are familiar with the total fiascos that are UV and WitP know what I'm talking about.

For thirty bucks, this bad boy may be the best bargain on the computer gaming market. Excuse me, I've got to go. I'm playing the 1956 season, and the Yankees have a crucial Sunday double-header today against the hated, league-leading White Sox.

Woo hoo.

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 17
RE: Victory at Forbes Field - 10/9/2005 11:51:46 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: pasternakski
The team data and play options/auto complete/park info boxes are particularly obnoxious.

Note if you click on options you have the option to hide the team info windows altogether so that should help.

quote:

That said, I only add that this is my favorite computer game of all that I own. It runs smoothly, runs the way the designer intended, and presents a simulation that is accurate, fun, and retains a high level of interest. I really appreciate the excellence of this design and your commitment to the game system's integrity by adding improvements without screwing up what works excellently already. I am thoroughly tired of half-assed designs that are incomplete or poorly thought out when you buy them and only get worse with each succeeding patch. Those who are familiar with the total fiascos that are UV and WitP know what I'm talking about.

For thirty bucks, this bad boy may be the best bargain on the computer gaming market. Excuse me, I've got to go. I'm playing the 1956 season, and the Yankees have a crucial Sunday double-header today against the hated, league-leading White Sox.

Woo hoo.

Well, thanks for the kind words, I've broken plenty of stuff in the past :) When a game gets this big and complicated (like the games you mentioned) it is very tricky business to introduce new functionality without it impacting some variant of the game. My best asset is a great bunch of testers that have been long time PureSimmers!

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 18
RE: Victory at Forbes Field - 10/10/2005 5:16:30 AM   
pasternakski

quote:

Note if you click on options you have the option to hide the team info windows altogether so that should help.

I figured I was probably missing something. Thanks, Shaun.

Now, about those little baseball players and umpires...

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 19
RE: Victory at Forbes Field - 10/10/2005 10:53:55 PM   
VladVoivode

Nice to see that logos and parks can be imported into PureSim!! Also good to hear that Shaun is making the real player option more robust.

A word of caution on some the "older" ballparks: the images have been circulating all over the web for a few years now. They are from Stormfront Studios' game "OldTime Baseball". Stormfront no longer sells the game, but copyright does apply to everything associated with the game - including the images. I doubt that Stormfront would kick up a fuss over the images of a discontinued game, but I thought I would at least post this message so all know the images' origin.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 20
RE: Victory at Forbes Field - 10/11/2005 3:26:23 AM   
NatsWin

quote:

Any volunteers?

If anybody is interested I have a graphic that I downloaded a long time ago, from who knows where that shows all of the codes and positions for the ball flight graphics. It shows the location that ( for example) deep flies would go to in relation the fielders position with the numerical codes (i.e. 78XD, 78D, etc.)

I would love to give credit for it if I knew where it came from.

Baseball is back where it belongs: In the Nations Capital! Washington Nationals - moving on up in '06

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Victory at Forbes Field Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI