Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fall of morale

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback >> Fall of morale Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fall of morale - 11/6/2005 8:06:39 PM   
Montmirail

After a victorious battle (particularly a detailed battle), the divisions' morale is often lower than before the beginning (due to losses and effects - disordered or shaken).
For example, I had two French Guards units having participated in a victorious battle against Austrian troops. After the battle (in the strategic map), one of them had a morale of 5.8 with a fews losses and had consequently lost its 'Guard' status (becoming a 'infantry' unit), what is not realist.
Why is it not possible for a unit to restore its pre-battle morale in case of victory ?
In according to the rules (p. 17), 'the morale of a division is a measure of both the quality of the troops and the fervor of their spirit'.
After a victorious battle, both the points are founded for me.
Another question is to restore the morale of divisions after a war, particularly those with high morale.
Post #: 1
RE: Fall of morale - 11/8/2005 4:21:51 PM   
ericbabe

The only situation in which a guard can become a regular infantry, or an infantry become a militia, is when the unit surrenders and loses 1.5 morale. All other morale losses and gains should keep units within their proper taxonomy. If your guard did lose morale and become an infantry in any way other than through surrender, then there is a bug in the game. It's not one that has been reported before for this version, and I have not personally seen it, so if you are still experiencing this, it would be very helpful if you could provide more exact details of the particular situation.

Please remember that units can gain up to several points of morale at the start of a battle due to various circumstances -- fighting on home territory, the Patriotism upgrade, the Empire bonus, etc. These bonuses to their regular morale disappear after the battle is over.

Note also that units which receive many reinforcements can lose a lot of morale, since reinforcements typically have much lower morale than veteran troops.

(in reply to Montmirail)
Post #: 2
RE: Fall of morale - 11/9/2005 10:24:05 PM   
Napi

Following up on Montmirails question, is it possible you can increase a units morale which is already at full strength? In effect training the unit...
This is particularly interesting for levy units in provinces with poor barracks devellopment.

I would also love to see a feature allowing you to decide which unit get reinforcements. I came accross the situation where at the start of the game I lowered my military preparedness to 0.8. Once I had develloped my economy I raised it to 1 again and saw large amounts of 5.2 trainees go into militia units while my frontline units where receiving few reinforcements. Perhaps an extra button or order you can set on a unit or corps. Someting like "reinforcements priority" or "no reinforcements/replacements"?

Best,
Glenn

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback >> Fall of morale Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI