Fall of morale (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback

Montmirail -> Fall of morale (11/6/2005 8:06:39 PM)

After a victorious battle (particularly a detailed battle), the divisions' morale is often lower than before the beginning (due to losses and effects - disordered or shaken).
For example, I had two French Guards units having participated in a victorious battle against Austrian troops. After the battle (in the strategic map), one of them had a morale of 5.8 with a fews losses and had consequently lost its 'Guard' status (becoming a 'infantry' unit), what is not realist.
Why is it not possible for a unit to restore its pre-battle morale in case of victory ?
In according to the rules (p. 17), 'the morale of a division is a measure of both the quality of the troops and the fervor of their spirit'.
After a victorious battle, both the points are founded for me.
Another question is to restore the morale of divisions after a war, particularly those with high morale.

ericbabe -> RE: Fall of morale (11/8/2005 4:21:51 PM)

The only situation in which a guard can become a regular infantry, or an infantry become a militia, is when the unit surrenders and loses 1.5 morale. All other morale losses and gains should keep units within their proper taxonomy. If your guard did lose morale and become an infantry in any way other than through surrender, then there is a bug in the game. It's not one that has been reported before for this version, and I have not personally seen it, so if you are still experiencing this, it would be very helpful if you could provide more exact details of the particular situation.

Please remember that units can gain up to several points of morale at the start of a battle due to various circumstances -- fighting on home territory, the Patriotism upgrade, the Empire bonus, etc. These bonuses to their regular morale disappear after the battle is over.

Note also that units which receive many reinforcements can lose a lot of morale, since reinforcements typically have much lower morale than veteran troops.

Napi -> RE: Fall of morale (11/9/2005 10:24:05 PM)

Following up on Montmirails question, is it possible you can increase a units morale which is already at full strength? In effect training the unit...
This is particularly interesting for levy units in provinces with poor barracks devellopment.

I would also love to see a feature allowing you to decide which unit get reinforcements. I came accross the situation where at the start of the game I lowered my military preparedness to 0.8. Once I had develloped my economy I raised it to 1 again and saw large amounts of 5.2 trainees go into militia units while my frontline units where receiving few reinforcements. Perhaps an extra button or order you can set on a unit or corps. Someting like "reinforcements priority" or "no reinforcements/replacements"?

Best,
Glenn

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI