RE: Are you a Pollywog or a Shellback? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

dereck -> RE: Are you a Pollywog or a Shellback? (1/19/2006 12:17:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASLifer

Thats a shame then. You never got to go to "Maryland's" possibly the most popular Bar in the PI. It was actually just outside of Olongapo City. There was a woman named/called "Mumbles" who danced there. The things she could do with Peso's and a bottle of PI San Miguel...... It boggles the mind... I used to have one of the Business Cards from the bar, I might actually still have it around somewhere. I don't wanna get banned from the forums here, so I won't tell you what it said...hehe

Regards:
ASLifer aka LorenSilvrcloak

When I went off-base to a bar I'd go to the bar owned by the former Midway photographer we knew. We would be able to get drinks and not have to be worried about getting hussled by the bar girls like at other bars. Made it a lot safer to your wallet.

When I was at the PI it was the early 80s so you still hard Marcos in power and the curfew becuase of the communist guerillas. One main reason I very seldom left base. It was much safer to just stay on base and not have to worry about getting a knife in your back over one or two pesos. Besides, there was a much better way to get "feminine companionship" in the PI than going off base [:D]

And I rode in a Jeepney once ... damn crazy driver aged me 50 years in 5 minutes and I swore I'd crawl dragging myself with my tongue if I had to before I got in another one of those things.

reg113 -> RE: Are you a Pollywog or a Shellback? (1/19/2006 2:13:57 AM)

"Magic Glow Ice Cream Parlor Bar & Grill"
Go to the Y in the road, take a right. First block on the left, Second door. Lost a lot of brain cells and pesos there.

reg113 -> RE: Are you a Pollywog or a Shellback? (1/19/2006 2:16:04 AM)

Riding with Jeepney drivers...no guts, no air medals.

diesel7013 -> RE: Are you a Pollywog or a Shellback? (1/19/2006 2:23:48 AM)

Suppo in a Seabee battalion - so unless I get credit for having to put up with Marines and construction workers with guns, I'm a Polly!

brandonbull -> RE: Are you a Pollywog or a Shellback? (1/19/2006 5:33:26 AM)

Golden Shellback. 1994 LST-1193. On the way to decom her and then turn her over to the Australian Navy.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI