Problems With Game Start (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support

FreedomRock -> Problems With Game Start (3/4/2006 7:19:27 PM)

In addition to my Player Name Generation problem, I also can't get a game started. I've installed the game twice now, and both times I get a problem with a function. I believe it has something to do with gameLog.LeagueScreensMain, or something like that. I can't get beyond the main screen without this problem, and I usually have to restart my computer. My DxDiag file is attached.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Problems With Game Start (3/4/2006 8:36:13 PM)

FreedomRock,

Your graphics card is an integrated 48MB card with drivers from 2002. Your SoundMax drivers are also from 2002. Both of those are pre-DirectX 9 and thus not going to be compatible. I'm sure that's the cause of the problem. The minimum spec is a 128MB non-integrated card and DirectX 9 , though folks have been able to get it to run with less powerful cards as well depending on system specs. You shold try a driver update for your chipset video and your audio first. If that doesn't work, there are cards available for $50 that will run M-F without a problem.

Regards,

- Erik

FreedomRock -> RE: Problems With Game Start (3/4/2006 9:30:05 PM)

OK, thanks for the information. I'll be sure to update my hardware as soon as I can.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Problems With Game Start (3/4/2006 11:30:49 PM)

FreedomRock,

Ok, driver updates might get you working in 3D mode without a hardware update, though it seems fairly unlikely without a non-integrated video card. Your best bet is to try 800 x 600 x 16 with No Shadows, Low Player Detail and one of the Low Res stadiums as a test once you update drivers.

Regards,

- Erik

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI