Opportunity fire (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center

genehaynes -> Opportunity fire (3/30/2006 9:51:10 PM)

Here's the situation:

I'm playing solo, my computer opponent has much armor. During the computers turn, I try to be selective with my opportunity fire(I try to save my armor for his armor). Realizing there is a penalty incurred when you switch targets, when one of your units is given a chance to "opportunity fire", is there any way to determine which enemy unit that unit has previously fired at?

When there are many enemy armor vehicles "on the move" I lose track of who was firing at who. I think it would be neat if the game modeled a tank commander "tracking" a specific target.

Appreciate any thoughts on the matter. After all these years of playing war games, I think Steel Panthers is still the best tactical wargame going.

JEB Davis -> RE: Opportunity fire (3/30/2006 11:13:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: genehaynes

.... snip ..... is there any way to determine which enemy unit that unit has previously fired at?

Just your memory! [;)] You could increase the message delay if this would give you more time to follow and make it easier to remember. The best I can do is zoom all the way out before ending my turn, then I have the big picture during AI's turn and can keep track of the situation better, especially for enemy fire at long ranges.

This said, a while ago I stopped using Op Fire Confirm (set it to zero) which takes it out of my hands, and keeps my troops from having an "unfair" advantage over the AI in opfire. I also shorten the message delay to speed things up during the AI's turn (since I prefer not to use the "fast artillery" option). Then if (when) I miss stuff, I open the "combat.txt" log and can find out the details of what I missed. Don't forget to turn on combat logging using Alt-L each time you start up the game, or "combat.txt" will not be used.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI