RE: Any plans to improve the Editor? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

golden delicious -> RE: Any plans to improve the Editor? (5/15/2006 2:05:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick
CSV is short for comma separated value (value, value, value.)

Well, to be ultra-anal, "value,value,value".... [:'(]

XPav -> RE: Any plans to improve the Editor? (5/17/2006 6:32:15 AM)

quote:

Eventually, I plan to expost all the events in a scripting language called Python. You'll be able to use it in addition to the current event engine.

For now, I did add in F6/F7 (Event Load/Save) The current format is CSV, and very unfriendly, but it should be useful for some things, especially translation.

Excellent! Python's a great choice. I'd be interested to know how much of the inside guts will be available to the script -- and if these scripts can run at other times besides at the beginning of each turn.

XPav -> RE: Any plans to improve the Editor? (5/17/2006 6:32:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: golden delicious

quote:

No, it's "value", "value", "value"

:)

golden delicious -> RE: Any plans to improve the Editor? (5/17/2006 2:23:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: XPav

Aren't quotemarks only required for alphanumeric fields?

Jeff Norton -> RE: Any plans to improve the Editor? (5/17/2006 2:56:11 PM)

quote:

quote:

Aren't quotemarks only required for alphanumeric fields?

Just covered this in SQL class. http://www.creativyst.com/Doc/Articles/CSV/CSV01.htm gives a pretty good overview of how it works...

ralphtricky -> RE: Any plans to improve the Editor? (5/17/2006 4:15:45 PM)

quote:

quote:

Eventually, I plan to expost all the events in a scripting language called Python. You'll be able to use it in addition to the current event engine.

For now, I did add in F6/F7 (Event Load/Save) The current format is CSV, and very unfriendly, but it should be useful for some things, especially translation.

Excellent! Python's a great choice. I'd be interested to know how much of the inside guts will be available to the script -- and if these scripts can run at other times besides at the beginning of each turn.

I'll know more as I get into it, but I don't expect them to be only at the beginning of the turn. I can see events before entering a hex, and on a unit's destruction, at least.

ralphtricky -> RE: Any plans to improve the Editor? (5/17/2006 4:22:06 PM)

quote:

quote:

OK, I'm going to have to be precise then...

The events are outputted as a series of values, with no spaces between, that are separated by commas. Unlike a normal CSV file, there are no quotation marks around the alpha fields. The final section, the 'news' section can contain commas, although this may make it difficult for other programs like Excel to read them.

I've attached a sample.

This should be readable by anyone who has access to a spreadsheet program. In addition support by a program like ODD is possible.

When the events are read back in, they replace the existing event, that means that if you remove events, you will have to manually remove them from the scenario as well.

ralphtricky -> RE: Any plans to improve the Editor? (5/17/2006 4:25:38 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

OK, I'm going to have to be precise then...

The events are outputted as a series of values, with no spaces between, that are separated by commas. Unlike a normal CSV file, there are no quotation marks around the alpha fields. The final section, the 'news' section can contain commas, although this may make it difficult for other programs like Excel to read them.

I've attached a sample.

This should be readable by anyone who has access to a spreadsheet program. In addition support by a program like ODD is possible.

When the events are read back in, they replace the existing event, that means that if you remove events, you will have to manually remove them from the scenario as well.

Someone will have to check, but I believe that I pay attention to the event number, as well, so if you update one event, and only include it in the file that you're uplocading, that is the event number that will be updated. It may be possible that people will develop small libraries of code templates and samples based on event 600, 700, etc.

Ralph

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Any plans to improve the Editor? (5/17/2006 6:07:39 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'll know more as I get into it, but I don't expect them to be only at the beginning of the turn. I can see events before entering a hex, and on a unit's destruction, at least.

I'm still hoping to have Theater Options that can be optioned and executed at the start of turn 1 (or at the start of any other turn, for that matter).

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI