RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

PadresFan104 -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 3:56:06 AM)

- so here comes Williams to the plate. He already has 3 HR's and 5 RBI's in the series and is looking to get the Red Sox back in the game. Wynn has pitched a HELL of a game, but can he get the job done here in the 7th????

- It's the 39 year old Williams vs. the 37 year old Wynn....

- 2 outs, runner on second, the pitch to Williams.... It's HIT DEEP TO RIGHT... Skinner is on his horse... he leaps... and makes the catch!!!! That's the third out and Wynn has done it again!!!! YEAH!!!!!

It's seventh inning stretch time, and the Pirates still lead by 1!!!!!!!!!!

KG Erwin -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 3:57:56 AM)

My wife's goin' crazy -- she's yellin' "Strike out the kid!" I'm ready to crawl underneath my seat. After Williams flies out, I grab her arm and speak into her ear. She settles down a bit. As for me, I flag down a vendor and order a couple of hot dogs. I always eat when I get nervous.

PadresFan104 -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 4:02:53 AM)

Bottom of the seventh -

- Williams is back on the bench (Good!!!) Klaus takes over at shortstop for the Red Sox.
- Henry pitches to Frank Thomas who grounds out for the first out of the inning.
- What's this??? Wynn is going to bat for himself in the 7th? Wow, Pittsburgh is rolling the dice and keeping Wynn in for one more inning. Can't really blame them given the problems in the bullpen, but does Wynn have the gas to go eight??? We'll see...
- Wynn hits an easy pop fly to third and heads back to the bench to rest.
- With two outs, Frank Robinson hits a shot down the first base line but is held to a single. The Pirates are going to try and get him into scoring position with Musial coming to the plate.
- Robinson takes off for second, and is SAFE!!! The Pirates now have an insurance run in scoring position...
- The 0-2 to Musial is LINED TO DEEP RIGHT..... but yet again the wind keeps it in the park and the threat is over!!!

Two innings to go, and it's still a 1 run game....

PadresFan104 -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 4:03:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

My wife's goin' crazy -- she's yellin' "Strike out the kid!" I'm ready to crawl underneath my seat.

LOL!!!

Amaroq -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 4:14:43 AM)

LETS GO, PIRATES...

(clap, clap, clap-clap-clap)

LETS GO, PIRATES...

(clap, clap, clap-clap-clap)

PadresFan104 -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 4:18:48 AM)

Top of the eigth -

- Gut check time for Wynn as he faces the top of the Red Sox order for the fourth time today. He's only given up 3 hits and 2 walks, but he's thrown 93 pitches. The scouts rate his endurance as 81, but int he 7th game of the World Series, you gotta be able to dig deeper!!!
- Don Mueller is going to pinch hit for the pitcher Henry. Mueller is batting .200 this series, with no RBI's.
- Mueller start the inning off for the Red Sox with a single to center.
- The Pirates manager strides out of the dugout wringing his hands in the chilly autumn air.. He knows he has a tough decision to make and talks it over with Wynn... and that's going to do it. After 7 masterful innings of pitching, Wynn is coming out... The home crowd gives him a standing ovation that lasts for minutes!!!!
- Coming in to the game is the only reliable Pittsburgh reliever, Roy Face. Face has been the Pirates closer all season, but he has a 35 endurance rating and is feeling great, so the Pirates are hoping he can get 6 more outs for the World Championship!!!

- The lead off hitter Virdon comes to the plate, and the Pirates are guarding the lines. It's a long fly ball to left that Robinson should get... but no!!! it's a poor defensive play and Virdon is on with a single and Mueller moves up to second!!!! Oh jeez.....
- Here comes Goodman. The 3-2 pitch.... STRIKE THREE... That's out number one...
- Next up is Stephens. Stephens heads back to the dugout and out comes Eddie Miksis. Miksis is .500 (2 for 4) in the series with no RBI's...
- The 0-0 pitch to Miksis is skied to right, but Skinner makes the play. Two down and the runners hold.
- Next up is Al Kaline. Will he be the hero for the Red Sox? The 0-1 pitch is hit to the gap in right center!!!! Oh no!! This will easily score 1 maybe 2 runs!!!! But Robinson somehow manages to flag the ball down and make a spectacular diving catch for the final out of the inning!!! Whoa Nellie!!!! THe Pirates only need 3 more outs to be crowned the World Champions!!!!!!!!!!!

In the middle of the 8th, it's the Pirates 1, Red Sox 0

PadresFan104 -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 4:28:59 AM)

Bottom of the eigth -

- Brodowski comes in to pitch for the Red Sox here in the 8th.
- He walks Eddie Mathews to start the inning and the organ starts playing the CHARGE! music!!!
- Next up is Burgess and he singles to center!!! Two on and nobody out for the MAZ!!!!!!
- Mazeroski watches the 3-2 pitch.... It's ball 4!!! BASES LOADED and NOBODY OUT here in the Pirate 8th!!! Let's get those insurance runs!!!!!
- Brodowski is pulled and Leo Kiely comes in to pitch to Skinner
- Skinner smacks the ball hard, but it's right at the drawn in second baseman Goodman for the first out of the inning.
- Dick Groat hits the next pitch to SHALLOW RIGHT where CF Bill Virdon makes the running catch. The Pirates decide not to challenge Virdon (arm 75) and keep Mathews (speed 55) at third... (Tough decision!)
- Thomas is scheduled to hit here in the 8 spot, but he is heading back to the dugout... Oh my, the Pirates are going to pinch hit for Thomas with ROBERTO CLEMENTE!!!!! Clemente has no hits in 5 at bats this series and is DUE!!!!
- Bases loaded, two outs, the 1-0 pitch.... HIT HARD TO LEFT!!!! but right at Zauchin for the final out of the inning. Sigh....

We're going to the ninth, and it's still a 1 run lead for the Pirates. It's all up to Face to close this game out!!!!

[image]local://upfiles/17663/3FED197B12B74FE180B602134384A479.gif[/image]

PadresFan104 -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 4:30:38 AM)

Top of the ninth -

** Can Face preserve the shutout???? Will the Pirates be the World Champions???

The 0-2 pitch to Eddie Robinson.... It's lined to right... Skinner makes the catch!

ONE OUT!!!

PadresFan104 -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 4:31:57 AM)

Top of the ninth - one out, nobody on.

- Face pitches to Roseboro.... The 0-0 pitch is hit DEEP TO RIGHT FIELD. SKINNER IS BACK, BACK, HE'S AT THE WALL AND ..........................

Amaroq -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 4:32:20 AM)

The crowd are standing, craning their necks to see....

PadresFan104 -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 4:32:51 AM)

...... HE MAKES THE CATCH!!! HE MAKES THE CATCH!!!

Two down!!!!!

One out to go for the Championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amaroq -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 4:34:02 AM)

A loud round of applause for Skinner, and the crowd are staying on their feet for the final out, bringing their cheers to a crescendo for Face's every pitch...

KG Erwin -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 4:35:40 AM)

NBC-TV is covering this, and I spot a camera spinning around in this direction --no, no, the guy spotted my wife. She's vamping --she's turning around and shaking her butt!

Now I start to laugh -- that image was seen across the country. Back to the game --

PadresFan104 -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 4:37:25 AM)

Top of the ninth, two out, nobody on -

The last hope for the Red Sox is Frank Malzone. Frank is .333 in the series with a HR and 4 RBI...

The crowd is screaming!!
Everyone is on their feet!!

- Here's the 1-1 pitch.... It's skied down the right field line and drifting foul... but here comes Skinner... Can he make a play ont he ball???? YES, HE'S GOT IT , HE'S GOT IT!!!!! IT'S ALL OVER!!! THE PIRATES HAVE DEFEATED THE RED SOX IN GAME 7, 1-0 AND ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD!!!!!

PadresFan104 -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 4:37:48 AM)

Here's the trophy!!!

[image]local://upfiles/17663/C9C0790F973E488A8CEB5570BB8606DC.gif[/image]

Amaroq -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 4:38:44 AM)

Woo-hoo!!!!!!

Congrats, and thanks for the... dare I say it? ... "Pad"-cast?

PadresFan104 -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 4:39:55 AM)

Wow... Just wow...

After all of the scoring of the first 6 games, I can't believe that game 7 turned out to be a 1-0 pitchers duel!!! Whew.. I'm exhausted!!!

Thanks to Amaroq and KG for "watching"!!!!!!

That was fun!!!!

PadresFan104 -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 4:44:46 AM)

Here's the Box Score from the deciding game 7!

[image]local://upfiles/17663/3FD8B9DBFBB14E7BB3A86500108228A0.gif[/image]

KG Erwin -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 4:45:36 AM)

Congratulations, Al. This Bud's for you!

[sm=00000436.gif]

PadresFan104 -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 4:46:37 AM)

My Pick for MVP of the Series is Roy Face. He saved 3 out of 4 games for the Pirates, including today's crucial game 7!!!

[image]local://upfiles/17663/2F2A9C3C193E4B54B756C4233E5C84DD.gif[/image]

MizzouRah_slith -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 4:46:45 AM)

Tired or not tired, Ted Williams would have started Game 7 of the World Series. [&:]

Nice job on the writeup though!!

PadresFan104 -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 4:47:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

Congratulations, Al. This Bud's for you!

[sm=00000436.gif]

Thanks KG!!!!

I'm heading out for a bit now guys, thanks for the memorable afternoon!!!! Oh yeah, and Shaun, thanks for making it all possible. The game rocks my man!!!!

Al

PadresFan104 -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 8:40:34 PM)

Ah yes, the elusive 100/100 rating!

[image]local://upfiles/17663/4B729D824272467B90B2C08616773944.gif[/image]

PadresFan104 -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/10/2006 11:51:42 PM)

The HTML on my website has been updated through 1957...

http://web.mac.com/sixwilsons/iWeb/PureSimAlpha/Puresim.html

Amaroq -> RE: 50's Pittsburgh Alpha Association (5/11/2006 12:57:28 AM)

Brilliant!

Though I have to amend my earlier comment - at time of posting, I'd never seen a 25-run game in the Beta...

... but my Cardinals just blew a 7-3 lead, letting it get back to 7-6, then ran off five more runs to build a comfy 12-6... and saw *one* reliever give up three runs before getting an out, then a home run to make it 12-12.

It wound up 15-12 in extra innings!

But, at 200+ games managed personally, it felt 'right' that I should see a slugfest - and the interesting one with this one was it wasn't wind blowing out and carrying balls over the wall, I think each side had one home run, and everything else was done the hard way! My starting pitcher finished the game 2-for-3 with 4 RBI!

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI