RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design

Aterpa -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/22/2006 10:57:57 PM)

Version 2.52:

Japanese submarines (class 652/653) Type YU (IJA Xpt)/Type YU (Improved) upgrading to class 650 Type SYS (IJN Xpt) that upgrades to class 650 Type KS. Is this realy intended?

Nelson class (1405) upgrades to Nelson class (1404) that is exactly the same.

ML Abdiel class (1594) upgrading to King George V class (1636). That is is realy an upgrade.

el cid again -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/22/2006 11:29:59 PM)

quote:

Japanese submarines (class 652/653) Type YU (IJA Xpt)/Type YU (Improved) upgrading to class 650 Type SYS (IJN Xpt) that upgrades to class 650 Type KS. Is this realy intended?

Nelson class (1405) upgrades to Nelson class (1404) that is exactly the same

The first is left over from a copy operation - and is wrong. They should be set to upgrade to own class.

The second is not my doing. If the same - it was that way in CHS.

el cid again -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to testers (5/22/2006 11:31:05 PM)

quote:

The british, indian and commonwealth brigades cannot be divided either
I heard "the British empire died on the fields of Flanders in WWI" - specifically at the second battle of the Somme or something like that. Maybe they have a staff problem?

What is all this dividing units stuff? You like to spread out?? Think it is a way to defeat nuclear weapons?

OK - will see.

el cid again -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to testers (5/22/2006 11:32:08 PM)

quote:

El Cid Again, sorry but "after reassembly" does not work. That's why I did unload all the different parts of these units. In other words, "after reassembly" => no "divide unit" button, that's all I can say.

Do those Japanese units work now? I know 16th does - I divided it!

Aterpa -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to testers (5/22/2006 11:43:22 PM)

Version 2.52:

ML Abdiel class (1594) upgrading to King George V class (1636). That is realy an upgrade!

Bellona (1598/1599) upgrade both to 1643 (London class).

el cid again -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to testers (5/22/2006 11:50:46 PM)

quote:

ML Abdiel class (1594) upgrading to King George V class (1636). That is realy an upgrade!

< Message edited by Aterpa -- 5/22/2006 9:44:15 PM >

(in reply to el cid again)
Report | Post #: 35

Shhh - this was my secret plan to defeat the IJN! This is very strange - it is right in CHS. A random field change - I hate them!

Jo van der Pluym -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 12:11:45 AM)

I have load version 2.53 in the Database editor.

And have by location the following comments/suggestions (most of them of the Dutch):

1. The IJA 1st to 4th Motorized Brigade have as Wpn 7 device 311 ?

2. The Dutch Tiger Brigade has British Squads?

3. Why don't you add for the Dutch Marine Brigade and MLD Marine Brigade a Dutch Marine Squad?

4. The abrevs KNIN and KNIAF has never exist. The Dutch Navy abrev is KM (Koninklijke Marine) or RNN (Royal Netherlands Navy)The abrev ML/KNIL is used for the Dutch Airforces.

5. The Tiger And Marine Brigade is no KNIL.

6. There where also the following Dutch units active agains the Japanse.
- From 1 Augustus 1942 Korps Insulinde. A reinforced Company of Commando's, some Marines/Infantry.
- The I KNIL Bn from November 1944 in Brisbane

7. I miss Blackforce?

8. The USMC Para Bn's had never 75mm Howitzer, but 81mm Mortar.

9. The Voykov (ships) has no Nationality

10. I suggest to made The Flower Class a DE in place of PG. Then they can used by the Auto/convoys

CobraAus -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 1:52:36 AM)

V2.54medium for CVO-RAO-BBO Rapidshare link now posted in link page

Cobra Aus

witpqs -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 2:24:34 AM)

Hex 27,39 has a problem with the rail line definition. The rail line should connect to hex 28,39. Instead, it incorrectly connects to hex 28,38.

This is in Burma on the peninsula - toggle the 'R' key and compare it to the map art - the error will be obvious.

TulliusDetritus -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 4:08:00 AM)

El Cid Again,

"What is all this dividing units stuff? You like to spread out?? Think it is a way to defeat nuclear weapons?"

Per manual, the brigades (along with the divisions) can be divided. That was a Matrix decision.

I have to assume that you haven't changed this "rule". If you did, let us know, please.

Well, as for your question, I think it depends... Sometimes spreading may be useful, and sometimes not. Think about the historical japanese conquests (especially in the Dutch East Indies). If Dr Niehorster is correct (http://niehorster.orbat.com/), most of the time the japanese were using one regiment (detached from the "familiar" divisions: 16th, 48th, 38th, etc.) + other support units. In other words, there are no absolute rules.

Anyway, I don't have time now. I would have to "play" 3 turns: in my obsolete computer: 15 minutes each one. Then the divisions would be unloaded and I could check it out. No problem. You say you fixed it, I believe you [:)]

EDIT:
Oops! I almost forgot...! The aussie brigades cannot be divided either[:D]

el cid again -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 6:18:59 AM)

quote:

have load version 2.53 in the Database editor.

And have by location the following comments/suggestions (most of them of the Dutch):

1. The IJA 1st to 4th Motorized Brigade have as Wpn 7 device 311 ?

That is a moved device. Not sure what it is - but will figure it out.

I did not do the Dutch - this was done for CHS - in loving detail - and it is highly praised. Someone thought they were best for this. What do YOU suggest?

3. Why don't you add for the Dutch Marine Brigade and MLD Marine Brigade a Dutch Marine Squad?

There are virtually no slots. I do have a couple of spares - but before I did that for just one unit - I would have to know "why is this different from other squads" and also "why does it matter?" - usually a device is not for ONE unit not expected to long survive!

4. The abrevs KNIN and KNIAF has never exist. The Dutch Navy abrev is KM (Koninklijke Marine) or RNN (Royal Netherlands Navy)The abrev ML/KNIL is used for the Dutch Airforces.

I forgot that and made up the new ones on the air force model. I will happily convert them to KM (being in favor of using the original language). I would prefer ML for air force too - shorter. Not sure who started this stuff? KNIL was there and I just designed a parallel nomenclature.

OK - I want a service indicator - or a national indicator - to lead the title - should I use NEI?

- From 1 Augustus 1942 Korps Insulinde. A reinforced Company of Commando's, some Marines/Infantry.

OK - any more data on them? I need a TO&E.

7. I miss Blackforce?

Maybe - I didn't do this. Tell me about it.

I believe the weapon should be a 75mm PACK howitzer - and I have played with them - they surely did have them!

9. The Voykov (ships) has no Nationality

Bad me. I did them - should be Russian I suppose. Thanks.

10. I suggest to made The Flower Class a DE in place of PG. Then they can used by the Auto/convoys

Flower class probably should be PCs. Will look.

Thanks

el cid again -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 6:19:35 AM)

quote:

El Cid Again,

"What is all this dividing units stuff? You like to spread out?? Think it is a way to defeat nuclear weapons?"

Per manual, the brigades (along with the divisions) can be divided. That was a Matrix decision.

I was joking!

el cid again -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 6:20:51 AM)

quote:

You say you fixed it, I believe you

EDIT:
Oops! I almost forgot...! The aussie brigades cannot be divided either

IF I didn't believe that pointing out problems was constructive...

but I do. So thanks.

el cid again -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 6:23:26 AM)

quote:

Hex 27,39 has a problem with the rail line definition. The rail line should connect to hex 28,39. Instead, it incorrectly connects to hex 28,38.

This is in Burma on the peninsula - toggle the 'R' key and compare it to the map art - the error will be obvious.

I thought we would never get the Kra Isthmus right (Cobra and I). It may be we screwed it up still. It requires looking with a microscope at pwhex. I will do that. The art is right - if it is wrong in fact it is my fault - and I can fix it (whereas I cannot fix it if the art is wrong - Cobra does that). So the only problem is UNDERSTANDING how pwhex is wrong - then make it right.

You are right - and it is my problem - so I can fix it: Hex 27, 39 has communications code 111 instead of 235 - no where near right - so it is not a typo. Plain wrong. Have already fixed it. Will send to cobra and my list.

el cid again -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Major Version 2.50 Released to testers (5/23/2006 6:24:41 AM)

quote:

Bellona (1598/1599) upgrade both to 1643 (London class).

Fixed for 2.54.

el cid again -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 6:26:18 AM)

quote:

Nelson class (1405) upgrades to Nelson class (1404) that is exactly the same

The first is left over from a copy operation - and is wrong. They should be set to upgrade to own class.

The second is not my doing. If the same - it was that way in CHS.

Turns out I am wrong. CHS is right. One of the RHS people did some work for me - and somehow duplicated the Nelson record - and I failed to note that on review. It is on top of another record we want! This is not too hard to do. Fixed for 2.54 - and you guys are Olympic champions of finding data errors - including those we just put in there!

CobraAus -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 9:21:48 AM)

v2.54 PWHEX file link now in link page

Fixes half a dozen hex sides and a bad communications route in the Kra Isthmus.

This goes in the top level WITP folder.

Cobra Aus

Jo van der Pluym -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 10:12:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: el cid again

I did not do the Dutch - this was done for CHS - in loving detail - and it is highly praised. Someone thought they were best for this. What do YOU suggest?

The Dutch Infantry and Sapper Squad. Mayby add a late war Infantry Squad.

quote:

There are virtually no slots. I do have a couple of spares - but before I did that for just one unit - I would have to know "why is this different from other squads" and also "why does it matter?" - usually a device is not for ONE unit not expected to long survive!

A Dutch Marine squad was more armed with SMG/LMG (Example Johnson LMG, Madsen SMG). And was better trained.

quote:

I forgot that and made up the new ones on the air force model. I will happily convert them to KM (being in favor of using the original language). I would prefer ML for air force too - shorter. Not sure who started this stuff? KNIL was there and I just designed a parallel nomenclature.

For the Dutch Airforce in the Indies is it ML-KNIL. For the Squadrons in the RAF/RAAF you can use NEI

quote:

OK - I want a service indicator - or a national indicator - to lead the title - should I use NEI?

You can also use NE of Netherlands

quote:

OK - any more data on them? I need a TO&E.

Korps Insulinde is about 4 platoons, included 1 platoon Marines. Armed with Small Arms. Commander is Molders. In game terms 10 Dutch Squads, 3 Sapper Squads, 4 Marine Squad

The I KNIL Bn TO&E is alike the TO&E of a Light Australian Bn

quote:

7. I miss Blackforce?

Maybe - I didn't do this. Tell me about it.

The commander of Australian troops (ca. 3000 men) on Java Island was Brigadier Arthur S. Blackburn. The Australian troops "BLACKFORCE" consisted of
• Company H.Q. and 10 Platoon "C" Guard Battalion
Location Tjililitan - 43 Offrs and O/Rs
• 2/3 Machine Gun Battalion (Australian)
Location Tjisolok and Kemajoran - 710 Offrs and O/Rs
• 2/2 Pioneer Battalion (Australian)
Location Tjililitan and Semplak - 937 Offrs and O/Rs
• 2/6 Field Company of Engineers (less two sections); (Australian)
Location Tjileungsor - 222 Offrs and O/Rs
• 2/2 Casualty Clearing Station (Australian)
Location Bandoeng - 93 Offrs and O/Rs
• One platoon of the Australian Guard Battalion
• 105th General Transport Company (Australian)
Location Tjisaoek - 206 Offrs and O/Rs
• 2/3 Reserve Motor Transport Company (Australian)
Location Batavia - 471 Offrs and O/Rs
• A Field Ambulance (Australian)
• Composite A.I.F. Battalion (100 reinforcements on there way to Malaya plus 175 Australians that escaped from Singapore)
Stragglers and details (absorbed in 2/3 Machine Gun Battalion and 2/2 Pioneer Battalion)
Location Bandoeng - 238 Offrs and O/Rs
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
• One Squadron of the 3rd Hussars (Mk VIb light tanks) (British)
• 2nd Battalion/131st Field Artillery Regiment (American)

Brigadier A.S. Blackburn scrounged up a number Bren guns, some antitank rifles, three mortars, 600 grenades, some trucks, a few carriers and a considerable number of light armoured cars. He organized BLACKFORCE into three infantry battalions which he numbered:
- 1st Infantry Battalion under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel Lyneham
- 2nd Infantry Battalion under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel Williams and
- 3rd Infantry Battalion under the command of Major de Crespigny

JeffroK -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 10:18:11 AM)

Well done Jo

The only thing you missed is that Blackburn had the VC from WW1.[:)]

Sadly, unless brigaded into a unit like BlackForce these smaller units go missing within the larger units.

For a bit more detail, checkout "The Japanese Thrust" in the Australian Official Histories from the Aust War Memorial.

Jo van der Pluym -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 7:11:39 PM)

quote:

There are virtually no slots. I do have a couple of spares - but before I did that for just one unit

Mayby you can use device slot 377. There are end 1941 two Soviet Rifle Squads by the Devices. This slot has the oldest one of them.

In version 2.54 have I find a error? Most of the UK and Commonwealth (also Dutch Tiger Brigade) has 45mm and 76mm AT Guns
Must this not be 2 ponder or 6 pounder AT Guns?

Jo van der Pluym -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 7:56:29 PM)

quote:

I believe the weapon should be a 75mm PACK howitzer - and I have played with them - they surely did have them!

According some sources the TO&E for a USMC Para Bn (503 men)is a HQ and 3x Companies each 3 Platoons.

A Platoon is armed with 2.56in Bazooka, 1 60mm Mortar and 3x M1941 LMG's.

On 1 April 1943 was the USMC 1st Para Regiment formed. Disbanded 29 Februari 1944. Exist out the 3 Para Bn's.

For this Regiment where the following plans.

reinforce the Para Bn's with a Heavy Company.
Add the 4th Para Bn (formed 1 july 1943)
Add a Glider Group (Mayby 71st ?)
Add a Para Art Bn (I think this had the 75mm Pack Howitzer)

el cid again -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 9:15:14 PM)

Jo:

First, I have adopted your suggestions re abbreviations.

2nd: You used the term "Tiger and Marine Brigade" twice - so I adopted it - you said it is not KNIL - so I called it DEI Tiger and Marine Brigade -
is this correct (I realize we are translating - but my Dutch is worse than your English - also I can do German - but the board is in English).

3rd. I am now looking to see if you gave me data about Blackforce, Dutch Marine squads, the commando unit or 1 KNIL battalion?

4th: What slot number is Voykov?

If I do not release 2.60 today, I will issue a 2.55 with your corrections (and many others)

el cid again -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 9:17:43 PM)

quote:

A Dutch Marine squad was more armed with SMG/LMG (Example Johnson LMG, Madsen SMG). And was better trained.

OK - this I understand - and it is why I have 2 or 3 slots in reserve - I will do this - for two units - right? The Marines and the Tiger & Marine Brigade.

el cid again -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 9:19:11 PM)

quote:

For the Dutch Airforce in the Indies is it ML-KNIL.

Usually this would be too long - but the names are not too long in this case - so I used the leading service abbreviator

ML/KNIL

el cid again -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 9:23:16 PM)

quote:

In version 2.54 have I find a error? Most of the UK and Commonwealth (also Dutch Tiger Brigade) has 45mm and 76mm AT Guns
Must this not be 2 ponder or 6 pounder AT Guns?

I shall investigate.

el cid again -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 9:26:48 PM)

quote:

According some sources the TO&E for a USMC Para Bn (503 men)is a HQ and 3x Companies each 3 Platoons.

A Platoon is armed with 2.56in Bazooka, 1 60mm Mortar and 3x M1941 LMG's.

On 1 April 1943 was the USMC 1st Para Regiment formed. Disbanded 29 Februari 1944. Exist out the 3 Para Bn's.

For this Regiment where the following plans.

reinforce the Para Bn's with a Heavy Company.
Add the 4th Para Bn (formed 1 july 1943)
Add a Glider Group (Mayby 71st ?)
Add a Para Art Bn (I think this had the 75mm Pack Howitzer)

I served with a USMC battalion - and a Marine historian - who said I "picked his brains" - and this dimly sounds familiar. I am not sure what is in the game - I inherited the Allied LCU OB from CHS - just correcting Philippine army and some coast defense units which clearly were not quite right. I am willing to modify anything based on specific information. We can use both historical and planned OBs - in one scenario or another.

Jo van der Pluym -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 10:46:06 PM)

quote:

quote:

OK - this I understand - and it is why I have 2 or 3 slots in reserve - I will do this - for two units - right? The Marines and the Tiger & Marine Brigade.

Only for the Marine Bn & Marine Brigade.

The Tiger Brigade was a Named Brigade of Regulair Infantry from the Netherlands. You can named this NEI or NE Tiger Brigade

The TO&E of Tiger Brigade was alike a British Infantry Brigade

The TO&E of the Marine Brigade was alike a reinforced USMC Brigade (3 later 4 Infantry, Engineer, 105mm Bn Art; Recon; Tank Co)

Jo van der Pluym -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 10:52:08 PM)

quote:

4th: What slot number is Voykov?

slot 3811

Jo van der Pluym -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 10:54:42 PM)

quote:

quote:

For the Dutch Airforce in the Indies is it ML-KNIL.

Usually this would be too long - but the names are not too long in this case - so I used the leading service abbreviator

ML/KNIL

You can also use NEIAF.

Jo van der Pluym -> RE: RHSCVO and RHSRAO Minor Version 2.51 Released to testers (5/23/2006 11:06:38 PM)

el cid again

Why have the following planes no rockets.

F4U-4 Corsair
F7F Tigercat
F8F-1 Bearcat
P-51B Mustang
P-51D Mustang
Beaufighter Mk X
Thunderbolt II
IL-2M Shturmovik

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI