Glaring inacuracy (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

jacmar -> Glaring inacuracy (5/26/2006 10:08:41 PM)

I am a little more than halfway through replaying the 1955 season. When looking at the pitching leaders, the number of saves for the relief pitchers are overwhelming. The leaders have over 30 saves through 90 games. That is a total inacuracy. Is there any way to have the managers from those earlier eras manage similar to what they really did? Thanks..

Amaroq -> RE: Glaring inacuracy (5/26/2006 10:40:25 PM)

No. Sorry, you get 'modern' closer usage from the AI no matter what era you're managing in.

I've posted in fair detail about the different classes of relief usage by era in the past; I think there are four or five, I don't remember the details of my post. (I've got it saved somewhere, though). I'm sure Shaun took it on board, but I don't think its reached the top of the priority list.

The best you can do is increase pitcher endurance and manager patience through the XML file. That will give you starting pitchers much more likely to go 8 innings, and much more likely to get complete games *if* they have a lead of 4 or more runs. But, in a 3-0 game, the AI will still (always) bring the closer in to replace the guy working on the perfect game, no-hitter, or complete-game-shutout.

Random Hero -> RE: Glaring inacuracy (5/26/2006 10:42:12 PM)

I had guys getting 60 saves in 1975.

Amaroq -> RE: Glaring inacuracy (5/27/2006 12:15:57 AM)

I've seen 70 saves in 1901. [:D]

Fouts -> RE: Glaring inacuracy (5/27/2006 12:36:00 AM)

There is a definite problem with the overuse of relief pitching in Puresim. I think some way of the relievers to get tired by pitching multiple games in a row (pitches per week?) could fix it. Hopefully Shaun recognizes the outstanding problem.

puresimmer -> RE: Glaring inacuracy (5/28/2006 6:15:46 PM)

The next patch will really help here. I just ran 1927 and the most saves was like 15. Use of the closer can now be disabled, so it really really helps. Starters will typically go longer and deeper into games as well. That said, it still won't be perfect because of the fact that the roster AI still wants to carry more pitchers than was the case way back in say 1901. So complete games are still low for those time periods. Regardless, the next patch is a nice step forward for historical simmers, and I'll keep trying to improve it throughout the summer.

sposfan -> RE: Glaring inacuracy (5/28/2006 6:40:44 PM)

Jeeze Shaun, will ya upload it already!!! Stop teasing us! :)

redeck -> RE: Glaring inacuracy (5/29/2006 5:35:20 AM)

Three Finger Brown is my alltime saves leader with over 630, for those who dont know him, he was a rookie in 1907 or so. not exactly a saves mecca period LOL

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI