JM's TOAW III mod (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

JMass -> JM's TOAW III mod (6/16/2006 3:20:53 PM)

I have uploaded my mod for TOAW 3, it is a compilation of 2D terrain, units and GUI files:

Download from SZO
Download from rapidshare

[img]http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/forums/downloads/screen_01_8Tf_thumb.jpg[/img]

This is a similar screenshot but with my terrain files version 2.1 and my square counters (see below):

[img]http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/forums/downloads/screen_2.1_38V_thumb.gif[/img]

I'm also working on large 3D graphic (I hope in a patch to have NATO symbols on 3D counters), the work is not completed but I have uploaded some files:

Download from SZO
Download from rapidshare

[img]http://img450.imageshack.us/img450/6148/screen012hh.th.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2598/screen028jh.th.jpg[/img]

GreenDestiny -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/16/2006 8:02:35 PM)

It looks good JMass, I like the black&gray camo and the towns.
Also can you make a desert camo GUI ? [:)]

JMass -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/16/2006 8:33:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreenDestiny
Also can you make a desert camo GUI ? [:)]

Uhmmm... any example? I have tried to make a german panzer three colors scheme but it resulted too much light.

EricSilver_MatrixForum -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/16/2006 9:11:56 PM)

Will try it, thanks for the effort, JMass.

;)

GreenDestiny -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/16/2006 11:10:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JMass
Uhmmm... any example? I have tried to make a german panzer three colors scheme but it resulted too much light.

No... not really. nice mod BTW.

AstroCat -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/21/2006 12:31:43 AM)

Your "small" water .bmps have some edge issues. The colors on the hex edges create "white" lines on the small map. Check it out and you'll see.

Thanks for the mod though.

JMass -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/21/2006 1:09:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AstroCat

Your "small" water .bmps have some edge issues. The colors on the hex edges create "white" lines on the small map. Check it out and you'll see.

Here is the correct (I hope) file, thanks for your advice!
(Rename the extension from .jpg to .bmp)

JMass -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/21/2006 1:53:42 AM)

Here's my square counter's set, I have used nail's scissors for cut only corner's tips. The zip file also contains main terrain files for winter scenarios (as Wintergewitter or South Front 42).

Download from SZO
Download from RapidShare

[img]http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/forums/downloads/winter_5s8_thumb.jpg[/img]

Okimaw -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/21/2006 1:57:57 AM)

Hey JMass, nice work, again. I was wondering if you did all the color combinations, right now I'm running a mix of Peter Szabo's and Cpangracs because not all were in the szabo set. It would be nice if one set got it all

JMass -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/21/2006 2:08:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Okimaw

Hey JMass, nice work, again. I was wondering if you did all the color combinations

I did all the color combinations (but my yellow and 015 counters are a little darker than originals) and I have added some alternative combinations.

Okimaw -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/21/2006 3:45:39 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Okimaw

Hey JMass, nice work, again. I was wondering if you did all the color combinations

I did all the color combinations (but my yellow and 015 counters are a little darker than originals) and I have added some alternative combinations.

I loaded them and fired up my game, beautiful, I'm going to try the alt ones later on

liuzg150181 -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/21/2006 5:27:45 AM)

Hmm......the 3d one certainly reminds me of those used by HPS Panzer Campaign series.

Warfare1 -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/22/2006 11:20:31 PM)

quote:

JMass:

This is a wonderful mod.

I am currently using it in TOAW I Elite Edition from 1998. Yes, your graphics mod works even on this edition of TOAW. It looks like a new game now [&o]

Just a few small issues though:

Similar to AstroCat I have noticed some .BMP terrain that is not seamless in-game.

Once your mod is loaded, check out the following scenarios: Crusader and Kasserine (or any desert/arid scenarios that also have hills).

You will notice the following terrain has alignment/space issues:

Arid, Sandy, Hills.

Once these are fixed this will be THE Graphics Mod to use in TOAW.

Thanks for all the work.

JMass -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/23/2006 4:34:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Warfare1
Similar to AstroCat I have noticed some .BMP terrain that is not seamless in-game.

Thanks, I'm a little busy [>:] but I'll fix the files as soon as I can!

[:)]

JMass -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/24/2006 5:50:38 PM)

I have redo wrong terrains, now it is time for a Guinness!!!

[sm=party-smiley-012.gif][:D]

Download from SZO
Download from rapidshare

Bloodybucket28th -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/24/2006 6:14:18 PM)

If modders are getting paid in beer, I might have to try it. Nice work!

pad152 -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/24/2006 8:33:25 PM)

Nice, glad to see mods for TOAWIII[:)]

Warfare1 -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/25/2006 12:08:07 AM)

quote:

I have redo wrong terrains, now it is time for a Guinness!!!

[sm=party-smiley-012.gif][:D]

Download from SZO
Download from rapidshare

Many thanks [&o]

I highly recommend your graphics mod.

Those old TOAW graphics were looking kinda long in the tooth [;)]

You have made my game look like new again....

Have a brew on me....[8D]

camz -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/25/2006 2:07:19 AM)

are the NATO symbols ready yet? :D would love those!

AstroCat -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/25/2006 5:02:46 AM)

Thanks for the update. Any chance of getting the "old", from your previous release, hills back and fixed? :)
The new ones do not seem as detailed and a little too dark to me.

EDIT1: Nevermind, I fixed it. :)

JMass -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/25/2006 3:22:59 PM)

quote:

Any chance of getting the "old", from your previous release, hills back and fixed? :)

No for the moment, it is too much time expensive to fix "old hills" and now I am working on roads, railroads and major cities.

quote:

The new ones do not seem as detailed and a little too dark to me.

Here's two versions not so dark and a bit less red, please tell me which you prefer (rename it tiles_hills.bmp).

JMass -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/25/2006 3:24:51 PM)

Second file...

Alan_Bernardo -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/26/2006 5:08:32 PM)

Where exactly do these files go?  I put them in the directory where the older files were but that didn't work.  I also tried the /altgraphics directory.

How is this thing installed.  (I find it amazing that the files contains no instructions.)

Thanks,

Alanb

AstroCat -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/26/2006 6:13:00 PM)

Well, here are the fixed "old" hills if anyone wants them. I think they look a little more like hills. Although the newer lighter ones are better than before. Thanks for the that.

FIXED HILLS

ralphtricky -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (6/26/2006 8:46:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alan_Bernardo

Where exactly do these files go? I put them in the directory where the older files were but that didn't work. I also tried the /altgraphics directory.

How is this thing installed. (I find it amazing that the files contains no instructions.)

Thanks,

Alanb

You should be able to just place them in the C:\matrix GameThe Operational Art of War\AltGraphics directory that was created on installation.

Ralph

JMass -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (7/4/2006 6:19:45 PM)

I have done a massive revision of the terrain files of my TOAW 3 mod, I have also added alternative main (open) terrain specific for winter and mediterranean scenarios... for now this is all, I would like to finish my 3D mod but I am short of time and I am waiting to know if it will be possible to have NATO symbols on counters [&o], without this possibility I think 3D have no chances to be usable[:(].

Download from SZO
Download from RapidShare

[img]http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/forums/downloads/screen_2.0_T83_thumb.gif[/img]

ralphtricky -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (7/4/2006 7:18:11 PM)

quote:

I would like to finish my 3D mod but I am short of time and I am waiting to know if it will be possible to have NATO symbols on counters [&o], without this possibility I think 3D have no chances to be usable[:(].

Do you mean putting a small 2d counter from the 2D counter set onto the large 3D view, that should be possible.

Can you post or email a mock-up of what you're looking for?

Thanks,
Ralph

JMass -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (7/4/2006 8:02:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick

I would like something like this:

[image]local://upfiles/20885/DC62AA70536F4B9B854192F4378BC163.gif[/image]

ralphtricky -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (7/4/2006 8:27:39 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick

I would like something like this:

[image]local://upfiles/20885/DC62AA70536F4B9B854192F4378BC163.gif[/image]

I'll play with it and let you know. The upgrade after this will be for the UI, so...

Telumar -> RE: JM's TOAW III mod (7/5/2006 1:03:55 AM)

Huuuh! There seems to be place for additional information on these counters.. I know this has been rejected once in another thread and i don't play ISO 3D anyway...

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI