RE: The Operational Art of Addiction (TOAW as crack for grogs) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

Mad Cow -> RE: The Operational Art of Addiction (TOAW as crack for grogs) (7/17/2006 2:52:18 AM)

TOAW Vol. I, 1998...

Talsonsoft board vet. Ashton still gets no mercy.

Has it really been 8 years?

PaladinSix -> RE: The Operational Art of Addiction (TOAW as crack for grogs) (7/17/2006 6:58:10 PM)

What is this thing called "wife?" Is that a reference to the shadowy, shrill figure standing in the door to my office that keeps telling me "Its just a game!!!" Kind of like being von Rundstedt and listening to Hitler screaming nonsensical orders over the wireless from East Prussia. Deep down, you know you should be paying attention, but the messages don't have any basis in reality.

alaric99x -> RE: The Operational Art of Addiction (TOAW as crack for grogs) (7/17/2006 7:12:52 PM)

Wife?  I don't have one of those right now.

Nemo69 -> RE: The Operational Art of Addiction (TOAW as crack for grogs) (7/17/2006 10:42:26 PM)

My name's Marc, bought TOAW vol. I in 1998, TOAW vol. II in 1999, TOAW CoW in 2001. Have 9 nine PBEM games going (down from an all-time height at 15 a year ago). 99% of my computer time is TOAW-related, I keep thinking about scenario ideas while driving, I've read the CoW manual several times in its entirety, I'm trying to get a nephew into this habit, I've even talked about TOAW to mesmerised work colleagues - the rest I'll keep under the shroud of secrecy...

Now if you would excuse me, I've got three turns awaiting tonight...

Catch21 -> RE: The Operational Art of Addiction (TOAW as crack for grogs) (7/17/2006 10:44:45 PM)

My father once told me the secret of marriage is to learn 3 phrases by heart:

1) Yes dear.
2) I'm sorry dear.

And the 3rd to be used only in the direst emergencies:

3) I didn't hear you dear.

Mad Cow -> RE: The Operational Art of Addiction (TOAW as crack for grogs) (7/18/2006 2:16:28 AM)

Wives are over-rated, I have found.

Nothing beats the freedom of being a single man. :)

Bloodybucket28th -> RE: The Operational Art of Addiction (TOAW as crack for grogs) (7/19/2006 2:30:18 AM)

Wow, there are a lot of TOAW graybeards here.  Any thoughts on if the Matrix release is going to bring new players in, or is it mainly going to be the same crowd enjoying the new version.

I'm a recent convert.[:D]

golden delicious -> RE: The Operational Art of Addiction (TOAW as crack for grogs) (7/20/2006 4:26:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheBloodyBucket

Wow, there are a lot of TOAW graybeards here.  Any thoughts on if the Matrix release is going to bring new players in, or is it mainly going to be the same crowd enjoying the new version.

There have been quite a few posts by people who apparently haven't played the game before. But we might have scared them all off by now.

Silvanski -> RE: The Operational Art of Addiction (TOAW as crack for grogs) (7/20/2006 8:49:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: golden delicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheBloodyBucket

There have been quite a few posts by people who apparently haven't played the game before. But we might have scared them all off by now.

No you didn't [;)]

a white rabbit -> RE: The Operational Art of Addiction (TOAW as crack for grogs) (7/22/2006 7:06:31 PM)

..wot they all said..

..and yes Vinnie, it's been 8 yrs now...

Mad Cow -> RE: The Operational Art of Addiction (TOAW as crack for grogs) (7/22/2006 10:55:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: a white rabbit

..wot they all said..

..and yes Vinnie, it's been 8 yrs now...

Long time...

How have you been?

a white rabbit -> RE: The Operational Art of Addiction (TOAW as crack for grogs) (7/23/2006 8:01:27 PM)

..the usual, changed wives, changed jobs, changed continents, became a father, bought toaw3...

Mad Cow -> RE: The Operational Art of Addiction (TOAW as crack for grogs) (7/23/2006 11:55:36 PM)

quote:

..the usual, changed wives, changed jobs, changed continents, became a father, bought toaw3...

I dropped my wife, but didnt invest in a new am, became a single father, stayed in the same godforsaken place and bought toaw 3.

:)

Where did you move too?

a white rabbit -> RE: The Operational Art of Addiction (TOAW as crack for grogs) (7/24/2006 6:30:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Cow

quote:

I dropped my wife, but didnt invest in a new am, became a single father, stayed in the same godforsaken place and bought toaw 3.

:)

Where did you move too?

..Davao del sur, Mindanao

Silvanski -> RE: The Operational Art of Addiction (TOAW as crack for grogs) (7/24/2006 6:13:17 PM)

Moved continent, got married, got off WIR addiction... got addicted to TOAWIII... my Whites just defeated the Reds and took Petrograd during breakfast... things are going just fine.

a white rabbit -> RE: The Operational Art of Addiction (TOAW as crack for grogs) (7/25/2006 8:31:28 PM)

..remember to eat well, t3 runs as a background program and takes up cpu time..

Okimaw -> RE: The Operational Art of Addiction (TOAW as crack for grogs) (8/27/2006 1:43:15 AM)

I just figured I'd revive this thread for the heck or it. There must be some new addicts since someone last posted. Come on guys, the only way you can help yourself is to tell on yourself, that is if you want to be helped. [sm=00000622.gif]

a white rabbit -> RE: The Operational Art of Addiction (TOAW as crack for grogs) (8/27/2006 3:51:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Okimaw

I just figured I'd revive this thread for the heck or it. There must be some new addicts since someone last posted. Come on guys, the only way you can help yourself is to tell on yourself, that is if you want to be helped. [sm=00000622.gif]

..all busy playing*, or designing or both..

..*btw, don't you owe me a game ?

Okimaw -> RE: The Operational Art of Addiction (TOAW as crack for grogs) (8/27/2006 11:05:04 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Okimaw

..all busy playing*, or designing or both..

..*btw, don't you owe me a game ?

That is true. email me a turn and we'll take it from there(nothing pre WW2). BTW my return rate isn't what it used to be. My new job as an amateur social worker is interfering with my career as a professional TOAW 3 player these days.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI