EEV Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

LewFisher -> EEV Question (8/10/2006 3:13:26 PM)

Guys,

In many scenrios, such as Plan Martin, your current EEV is quite important. Where is that displayed, I can't seem to find it?[:(]

Terminus -> RE: EEV Question (8/10/2006 3:42:57 PM)

It isn't displayed anywhere. In Plan Martin, it's shown in the News on any turn after a turn where it changes.

LewFisher -> RE: EEV Question (8/10/2006 4:38:46 PM)

Thanks for the reply. Sounds dumb why the EEV isn't shown on a display somewhere. Perhaps it could be changed in a future update, Should not take much to progam it in.

JAMiAM -> RE: EEV Question (8/10/2006 4:47:43 PM)

If we incorporate that, it would have to be a "switchable" function, since some designers have used it to track a "hidden" variable. Mark Stevens, for example, in his Europe Aflame scenario.

LewFisher -> RE: EEV Question (8/10/2006 5:42:36 PM)

Perhaps it could be switchable within the editor so each designer could decide if he wanted it know or not. [8|]

JAMiAM -> RE: EEV Question (8/10/2006 6:30:50 PM)

That's what was implied, a switchable feature in the editor. It certainly would make no sense to have the players be able to switch it off and on...[:'(]

LewFisher -> RE: EEV Question (8/10/2006 6:49:31 PM)

I agree, would it pose much of a problem to program?

JAMiAM -> RE: EEV Question (8/10/2006 8:35:00 PM)

I wouldn't think so. Getting it to display would be easy, since we could have it write to the News Strings either at the beginning of each turn, or when it changes. Then we just need to figure out a good place to put it in the scenario editor's menu tree, so that designers would be able to set it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI