RE: V0.3b to get you over the holy days (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

siRkid -> RE: V0.3b to get you over the holy days (12/29/2006 8:27:01 PM)

You know I'm really interested in this utility but reading this thread make me think you have to be an IT expert to install and run it. [:(]

Roger Neilson II -> RE: V0.3b to get you over the holy days (12/29/2006 8:35:30 PM)

It sounds harder than it is..... its a bit like following a recipe for a meal, provided you do things exactly as listed it works, and the new version is easier to install... follow the readme and you should be fine. And if you are not then simply post here - I did and got the help I needed.

Roger

Woos -> RE: V0.3b to get you over the holy days (12/29/2006 11:19:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG
I think everything will become clear once you open the attached example files. Use Editor, or WordPad, or MS Word, or any other program able to open text files.

I would even suggest to use your favorite spreadsheat program to open them (both Excel and OpenOffice are able to open .csv files). This saves you the problem of keeping the syntax correct. And it looks much nicer formatted as a spreadsheet. Just remember to save as .csv again. And keep a backup copy. witpdecoder will delete the "basename" column during database compaction as it is unused by it.

BTW, someone stated that the example files also work for other scenarios than 192. That may well be true but did you check if the numbers are correct? There is no error indication if a base located in Japan in your scenario is assigned to the Indochina cluster.

And if you consider editing the cluster/clusterbases.csv file by hand to difficult, you could plead e.g. Andrew Brown to write a program which creates these files automatically. It's mainly a map problem and less a save game problem. (Haehae, hot potato dropped into someone else's lap *evil grin*)

Oh, and the next version will give VSWG a taste of the problems to come with the database dump feature. I had to split the "ShipStatus" table into three ("Ships", "ShipStatus" and "ShipBuildqueue") to get the Ship History tab finally implemented. You might start to think on how to do JOINs in spreadsheets.

eloso -> RE: V0.3b to get you over the holy days (12/30/2006 12:07:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woos
BTW, someone stated that the example files also work for other scenarios than 192. That may well be true but did you check if the numbers are correct? There is no error indication if a base located in Japan in your scenario is assigned to the Indochina cluster.

I checked and the numbers don't match for the Base IDs. [:-] I'm making one for CHS 2.08 scenario 160 at start for the allied side.

ctangus -> RE: V0.3b to get you over the holy days (1/4/2007 1:26:17 AM)

Does anyone have cluster files for the Japanese for any of the CHS 2.08 scenarios? (I think the base ID #s are the same for all 6 scenarios.) I could do them myself this weekend, but I can be a lazy SOB & would rather take advantage of someone else's hard work. [:D]

Woos - it keeps getting better and better. [:)]

jcjordan -> RE: V0.3b to get you over the holy days (1/4/2007 3:02:13 AM)

Just do what I did & it only took a few minutes to do - use witpload to create the csv files (or use the ones witpdecoder makes) & go into the location csv file & select the columns for the base # & name (just for ref) & then copy them over to a blank (or use Woos' file as a template) csv file. After copying it over delete the blank & area named lines seen in the file as well as base names leaving only the base #, then assign the group # to each base you want for the cluster.csv file to use. Took me about 10min as I wanted a different cluster setup than what Woos had in his. At work now w/o laptop so can't get file.

FeurerKrieg -> CHS 160 Jap Clusters (1/29/2007 10:26:53 AM)

I finally finished up my CHS 160 Japanese cluster files. If anyone wants them just PM me. Nothing fancy, but they do work properly at least. Using a couple Phillipines bases as the 'extra' cluster that gets dropped by the decoder.

Woos -> RE: CHS 160 Jap Clusters (1/30/2007 12:05:19 AM)

Yes, and FeurerKrieg also mailed the basecluster files to me, so you can dowload them directly (although without any guarantee from me, since I don't even have CHS installed).

Thanks Feurer.

In other news, progress on V0.3c (aka pre-0.4) is crawling slowly. I had to play a bit of Oblivion in the mean time just to see how far technology has come since Morrowind. No longer do all Monsters have to look angular. Plus, it seems everyone (except Nemo) is happy with current witpDecoder without finding new bugs (in the tool or in the save files) so I don't want to tempt fate by releasing a new version.

Have fun

George Patton -> RE: witpDecoder for the Allies (1/30/2007 1:14:42 PM)

I'm running since weeks witpload as japanese and I encountered any problems.
But as allied, it's not working at all.

This is the message that I got:

[image]local://upfiles/17369/D2520F0099F3434B8E2797BA3EAA9459.jpg[/image]

Woos -> RE: witpDecoder for the Allies (1/30/2007 8:35:23 PM)

You seem to be using V0.3 and not V0.3b which catches the savegame inconsistency you have and tells you which LCU is preparing for a non-existing base. Get it either from a few pages earlier with explanation or from http://extweb.retsiemuab.de/witp/witpDecoder3b.jar without (and overwrite the old witpDecoder2.jar with it. Maybe you loose the database if you do, see some pages earlier).

BTW, let me guess, your are from Tessin. Interesting to know that HSQLDB contains localized error messages.

rtrapasso -> RE: witpDecoder for the Allies (1/30/2007 9:02:15 PM)

How about adding your download site to the stickied "Links for WITP Sites" above (in the stickied section...)??

Rainer -> RE: witpDecoder for the Allies (1/30/2007 9:34:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

How about adding your download site to the stickied "Links for WITP Sites" above (in the stickied section...)??

Yes, please [&o]

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: witpDecoder for the Allies (1/30/2007 9:53:05 PM)

and where is an update pleeeeaaase [:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]

George Patton -> RE: witpDecoder for the Allies (1/30/2007 10:18:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woos

You seem to be using V0.3 and not V0.3b which catches the savegame inconsistency you have and tells you which LCU is preparing for a non-existing base. Get it either from a few pages earlier with explanation or from http://extweb.retsiemuab.de/witp/witpDecoder3b.jar without (and overwrite the old witpDecoder2.jar with it. Maybe you loose the database if you do, see some pages earlier).

BTW, let me guess, your are from Tessin. Interesting to know that HSQLDB contains localized error messages.

Oh yes. This was the problem. Now it's fixed. Danke. The only strange things that I can see is japanese engines in storage area.
Yes I'm writing from Tessin. [:'(]

Roger Neilson II -> RE: witpDecoder for the Allies (2/4/2007 10:31:01 PM)

Ok, I have this working no problem on a vanilla install. So I have now re downloaded the required files and set them up as before.

Now when I run witpupload I get the following message, the fiels are in the right places, the scenario is there....

[image]local://upfiles/21586/7ADEEEEF2C2E42CCA14E72EA46A43CC8.gif[/image]

morphin -> RE: witpDecoder for the Allies (2/5/2007 12:00:32 PM)

Hi
I try to initialize scenario 065 RHS and i get the following error:
-------------------------------------------------------
Could not create or initialize the database

java.sql.SQLException: Integrity constraint violation - no parent ShipsUpgradeOnlyToExistingTypes table: ShipClasses
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.fetchResult(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.aW.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.aF.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.aW.b(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.aA.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:67)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.s.c(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.f.widgetSelected(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:90)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:928)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3348)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2968)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.F.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.Main.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.Main.main(Unknown Source)

Couldn't set up a working DB template. Bad, Bad.
--------------------
Where do i have to start for checking the ShipClass data? What does "no parent ShipsUpgradeOnlyToExistingTypes table" mean?
Thank's
Morphin

morphin -> RE: witpDecoder for the Allies (2/5/2007 3:55:09 PM)

I don't understand the import process from this utility. i had a look at the witp.log file. it is quite SQL. So i try to reproduce it on my SQL Server 2005 Database. it works with some modification quite well. So the last lines from this log is something like this:

-----------------------
INSERT INTO "ShipClasses" VALUES(1459,20,'Medium APA (USN)',18,20,35,12000,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,NULL,0,0,'',NULL,NULL,NULL,6,43)
DELETE FROM "ShipClasses" WHERE "shipclassID"=1459
-----------------------------------
So it tries to insert shipclasses. What's strange is that the upgradeClass column for the shipclassID=1459 is empty (''), but on the WITPcls.csv file it is not empty (it is shipclassid=1459)!. So the importprocess removes some content of the shipupgradeClass column, but why?

Morpin

George Patton -> RE: witpDecoder for the Allies (2/9/2007 11:52:27 AM)

Here we are again. I have witpdecoder working for one game on which I play as allies but in the second game, always as allies there is no way to run it. Same installation, exactly the same, but here is what I have as messages window. (I have copied witpdecoder3b.jar in place of witpdecoder2.jar).

[image]local://upfiles/17369/C19EBBEB03DB4EA793DB874C04AA89B9.jpg[/image]

Roger Neilson II -> RE: witpDecoder for the Allies (2/11/2007 8:16:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson II

Ok, I have this working no problem on a vanilla install. So I have now re downloaded the required files and set them up as before.

Now when I run witpupload I get the following message, the fiels are in the right places, the scenario is there....

[image]local://upfiles/21586/7ADEEEEF2C2E42CCA14E72EA46A43CC8.gif[/image]

I sorted out the witpload issue and now I have the scenario files dumped as per requirement. So now I run the witpdecoder.bat which has exactly the same syntax as my vanilla one, except the password is different...... as so:

echo off
REM java -Djava.library.path=%CD% -jar witpdecoder2.jar PasswordHere
java -Djava.library.path=. -jar witpdecoder2.jar 3 PASSWORD
pause

it runs and I get the display. I then go to point to the file to use and it gives me the following message.... I get this whether I am trying to point to a completed file that has been sent to my opponent, or to an uncompleted file:

[image]local://upfiles/21586/06F39CCE8DFC4EE49F27D64756D7958F.gif[/image]

Woos -> RE: witpDecoder for the Allies (2/16/2007 1:08:23 AM)

@George Are you using any non-standard scenario? CHS is known not to work with 0.3b.

@Roger I am a bit mystified at the version you are using. Somewhere around 0.3a (or was it 0.3b) the generation of the .cvs files was automated (for you among others). Also you no longer had to specify the fact that you played allied in the witpdecoder.bat file. If you are Allies and using an older version you have to specify it there, otherwise witpdecoder will try to use your password for the Japanese side, where it won't work.

Other than that I have no suggestions as there are no known password-related bugs (unless of course your password is containing special characters or a blank).

blam0 -> RE: witpDecoder for the Allies (2/23/2007 4:46:41 AM)

Has anyone compiled clusters for the Stock Scenario 15?

TIA

jcjordan -> RE: V0.3b to get you over the holy days (2/28/2007 3:03:40 AM)

Woos - everything was going along fine with this till today. I'm playing a mod chs 2.08 into 1/12/42 of me vs IJ AI. I started to load decoder up & then I get the following error. I've looked at my cluster & clusterbases files & nothing seems amiss & a Phil base was captured last turn by AI. Any help on where to look?

java.sql.SQLException: error in script file line: 43 Header not allowed or too long in statement [SET TABLE "Clusters" SOURCE HEADER "ClusterID,Clustername
"]
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.ba.<init>(Unknown Source)
Couldn't open DB. Exiting.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException

Ron Saueracker -> RE: V0.3b to get you over the holy days (2/28/2007 5:39:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kid

You know I'm really interested in this utility but reading this thread make me think you have to be an IT expert to install and run it. [:(]

You said it Rick! I'm more than a wee bit intimidated.[&:]

Martti -> RE: V0.3b to get you over the holy days (2/28/2007 7:20:26 PM)

Cluster files for stock scenario 15:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~zombie/clusterbases.csv
http://koti.mbnet.fi/~zombie/clusters.csv

Next some dire warnings:

Files are only minimally tested
Should work also on other stock full-map scenarios but not tested
No whining

Woos -> RE: V0.3b to get you over the holy days (3/2/2007 10:11:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcjordan
java.sql.SQLException: error in script file line: 43 Header not allowed or too long in statement [SET TABLE "Clusters" SOURCE HEADER "ClusterID,Clustername
"]

That is an error that actually shouldn't occur (wouldn't you say that of all errors ;-)
I suspect the problem stems from a bug hsqldb has with .csv-files and database compaction. Anyone getting this error should have a look at his witp.script file at the line specified in the error message. It should look about
SET TABLE "Clusters" SOURCE HEADER ....

and thus forgets to specify the .csv-file for the clusters table. Fix it by replacing the line with
SET TABLE "Clusters" SOURCE "clusters.csv;ignore_first=true"

Making a first a backup copy of the witp.script file might be a good idea as it is indispensable for database operation.

Now if someone could explain to me, why the code-tag in this BBS creates that much whitespace .......

blam0 -> RE: V0.3b to get you over the holy days (3/3/2007 12:26:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Martti

Cluster files for stock scenario 15:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~zombie/clusterbases.csv
http://koti.mbnet.fi/~zombie/clusters.csv

Next some dire warnings:

Files are only minimally tested
Should work also on other stock full-map scenarios but not tested
No whining

[&o][&o][&o][&o]

Thanks!!

1EyedJacks -> Tracking leader stats (3/3/2007 12:36:37 AM)

Hi Woo,

I really enjoy your tool set. It works good with Big B's Mod. I was wondering if there was a way to:

A) dump info to a delimited file

B) set up the leader screen to track changes in leader stats by turn.

I'd really like to see when leaders stats go up and compare the increases to what took place on the turn. I can check by hand thru a spreadsheet with a delimited file but it would be too cool if I could do that straight from your tool.

Thanks again for sharing this tool!

Woos -> RE: Tracking leader stats (3/4/2007 3:45:23 PM)

Hello Jack,

A) is available in V0.3b with the "Dump to CSV" menu. No guarantees though.

Concerning B): So do leader stats change at all? I read some discussions where it wasn't clear.

Cpt Sherwood -> RE: Tracking leader stats (3/4/2007 5:12:26 PM)

Hi Woos, this utility is looking good. I have it working on a stock senario 15 game I am playing against the AI. But I am trying to get it to work on a starting PBEM game using Alaska Warriors senario 196. I am getting an error when I try to initialize the DB: Here is the error

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "45 QF HA GUN""

java.sql.SQLException: S1000 General error java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "45 QF HA GUN"" in statement [
SET TABLE WITPDEV SOURCE "WITPdev.csv;ignore_first=true"]

Is it having a problem with a string starting with a number? Thanks, I am sure you will get the problems ironed out sometime.

edit: looking at the error seems more that it is looking for an integer, not a string. And I got the error with and without the CSV files.

Edit again - I know what the error is. Alaska Warrior used " instead of in to indicate inches in the dev table. I am fixing that now.

A new error:
Could not create or initialize the database

java.sql.SQLException: Integrity constraint violation - no parent ShipsUpgradeOnlyToExistingTypes table: ShipClasses
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.fetchResult(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.aW.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.aF.a(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.aW.b(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.aA.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:67)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.s.c(Unknown Source)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.f.widgetSelected(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:90)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:928)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3348)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2968)
at de.retsiemuab.witpDecoder.F.a(Unknown Source)

Any ideas? I will be looking back at previous postings in this thread.

I am using version 3b - but this senario is derived from CHS so it might not work.

Martti -> RE: Tracking leader stats (3/14/2007 10:38:38 PM)

If I may make a request for version 0.4: ability to read multiple save files at once. So I don't have to load hundreds of files one at a time when a new version comes out.

Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI