Leader as casualty? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848

alfredtc -> Leader as casualty? (11/18/2006 3:52:29 PM)

Can leader get wound or kill in the tactical combat? I fire and charge on the
leader units many times but they seems invincible to my gun.

HussarGames -> RE: Leader as casualty? (11/18/2006 4:15:45 PM)

Leaders can get wounded but not killed. The chance for this is quite low, but it can happen.

rhondabrwn -> RE: Leader as casualty? (11/19/2006 10:03:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HussarGames

Leaders can get wounded but not killed. The chance for this is quite low, but it can happen.

I'm of the opinion that if you can assault a leader with an entire regiment then you should definitely have a kill or capture with the enemy taking a substantial morale hit for the event. As far as rallying troops are concerned, a subordinate commander could appear once the primary leader is captured or killed, but with perhaps lesser effectiveness for rallying troops.

If there is a small chance of wounding them, then that chance needs to be made greater and conditional upon the degree of exposure: small chance for small arms or artillery fire, near certainty for an actual assault on the commander by an enemy unit.

Right now, I think it is a bit of a joke the way the AI runs commanders right through or past my front line chasing down routing regiments to rally. Of course, I don't play that way because it isn't historical, but the AI sure does like to do it and there should be consequences.

BTW... I love the helpful tone of this forum and you guys at Hussar Games are #1 in my book. Glad to see you with Matrix. [&o]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI