RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support

Erik Rutins -> RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process (12/1/2006 1:13:12 PM)

William,

quote:

ORIGINAL: William Amos
Sounds like what I got there vipes. Was some weird error message once I entered in all my credit info.

I honestly give up. I tried entering my Credit card info here at work and digital river STILL says its an invalid card despite the fact everyone else I buy from has no problems with the card. In fact I have ordered from Digital River several times but the last few purchases have been stopped by whatever is causing this

So I have to do what I did before. I ordered via money order is only solution I can find to this silly problem.

Can you please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with your order number? I'd like to put you in touch directly with someone at DR to see if we can figure out why it's giving you so much grief.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins -> RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process (12/1/2006 1:14:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: William Amos
Because same said virus also seems to have implanted a file that seems to want to send any kind of paypal info off to some unknown webaddress. I caught it just in time to prevent it from doing that. I have tried eradicating it several times but until I do a full systems wipe Id rather not use any non secure method of sending out info. At least with my Credit card and home email I can see purchases. Im not as sure of the pay pal ones.

Ok, that doesn't sound good - have you tried NOD32 from www.eset.com?

Regards,

- Erik

Williamb -> RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process (12/2/2006 3:26:07 AM)

Edited I got the order cancelled and finally seem to have my credit card issue fixed.

Stupidity all around on my part. The whole thing was my fault due to a worn number on my old credit card.

Look forward to this game have sent in my money order.

Thanks

ColinF -> RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process (12/4/2006 2:27:48 AM)

I have a download problem. I bought the game on Friday 1 December Australian time, and the download was interrupted. When I try to restart it, my order is just not recognised. Even trying to trace it via my email just brings up the War Plan Orange order I bought last year. I last tried about 5 minutes ago.

I have emailed support and sent a copy of the confirming email from matrix, but really am getting impatient at not being able to dl the game.

Please help.

[sm=00000018.gif]

6971grunt -> RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process (12/4/2006 5:34:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ColinF

I have a download problem. I bought the game on Friday 1 December Australian time, and the download was interrupted. When I try to restart it, my order is just not recognised. Even trying to trace it via my email just brings up the War Plan Orange order I bought last year. I last tried about 5 minutes ago.

I have emailed support and sent a copy of the confirming email from matrix, but really am getting impatient at not being able to dl the game.

Please help.

[sm=00000018.gif]

I'm having a similar problem with the download. Have tried to download the game THREE times [it takes over 8 hours to download - DSL ya' know] and it keeps faulting out - what's going on???????????[sm=00000023.gif]

ColinF -> RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process (12/4/2006 11:15:26 PM)

My situation is much worse than yours mate. According to the matrix dl site, my order number 1617076776, confirmed by email from matrix on 30 November 2006 does not even exist.

I'm still awaiting some response to emails to support and Mr Rutins.

This is ridiculous.

6971grunt -> RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process (12/4/2006 11:25:58 PM)

quote:

My situation is much worse than yours mate. According to the matrix dl site, my order number 1617076776, confirmed by email from matrix on 30 November 2006 does not even exist.

I'm still awaiting some response to emails to support and Mr Rutins.

This is ridiculous.

Oh Man - don't tell me that[sm=Christo_pull_hair.gif]

Marc von Martial -> RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process (12/4/2006 11:31:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: grunt6971
I'm having a similar problem with the download. Have tried to download the game THREE times [it takes over 8 hours to download - DSL ya' know] and it keeps faulting out - what's going on???????????[sm=00000023.gif]

If you have troubles downloading large files then we suggest you use a download client like "Stardownloader" available for free from www.stardownloader.com . It will let you resume disconnected or broken downloads. You can even pause them and resume them whenever you want.

ColinF -> RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process (12/4/2006 11:39:42 PM)

Mate, please understand that my order number 1617076776 is not listed to download. What is the problem here please?

When I use the alternative email/credit card method all that's listed is WPO that I bought last year.

When is someone going to sort this out please? I just want what I have paid for.

Adam Parker -> RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process (12/5/2006 1:31:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

If you have troubles downloading large files then we suggest you use a download client like "Stardownloader" available for free from www.stardownloader.com .

Yes, and I thank Eric for the tip often. Stardownloader breaks a download into 4 simultaneous steams, all very easy to follow on screen automatically.

There were some timeouts in a stream or two downloading this game but with Stardownloader, you just press pause and restart and the downloading streams pick up from where they left off.

In the past a timeout would have meant a dead download.

ColinF -> RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process (12/5/2006 1:34:50 AM)

Stardownloader is fine if your purchase is there to download.  [:@]

Will no-one on matrix staff answer any of my posts or emails on this issue?

Five days now...outragious.

Adam Parker -> RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process (12/5/2006 4:07:57 AM)

That is very unusual Colin. Hang in there I suppose.

Maybe start a new thread to bump your issue?

ColinF -> RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process (12/5/2006 4:32:15 AM)

Will do mate. Thanks for suggestion.

Marc von Martial -> RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process (12/5/2006 12:21:58 PM)

quote:

Stardownloader is fine if your purchase is there to download. [:@]

Minus the weekend days please. We are a small company and do not have 24/7 customer support. We try to answer within 24 hours though.
Did you write to support@matrixgames.com ?

Have you been one of the customers that bought before we actually announced the game to be ready in the store?

If you find five days (over a weekend) outrageous then I would suggest you try to get an answer form a really big game publisher and compare the speed of replies, I bet we will beat them [;)]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process (12/5/2006 2:34:59 PM)

quote:

Please help.

Colin,

Please e-mail support@matrixgames.com with your real name and e-mail so that we can try to trace your order. Can you also confirm that you were charged, but no order shows up?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins -> RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process (12/5/2006 2:36:21 PM)

quote:

Hi, have you tried using a download manager such as www.stardownloader.com? If you're having trouble completing a large download, that usually solves it. FYI, this is not typically a problem with our servers, but rather something in between us and you or your ISP.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins -> RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process (12/5/2006 2:38:01 PM)

Colin,

quote:

Stardownloader is fine if your purchase is there to download.  [:@]

Unfortunately, we are a small company too and speaking for myself, I was without electricity, phone and internet since Friday and completely unable to help the rest of the staff until it was restored.

Regards,

- Erik

6971grunt -> RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process (12/5/2006 11:25:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

quote:

If you have troubles downloading large files then we suggest you use a download client like "Stardownloader" available for free from www.stardownloader.com . It will let you resume disconnected or broken downloads. You can even pause them and resume them whenever you want.

Thanks for the infor Marc, will my MSN download program be a problem here - I'm attempting to download again [8 hours to wait].[>:]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI